Oscar Schmidt huge Seahawks fan!

Escamillo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":951hin13 said:

Oscar Schmidt, aka simply "Oscar", is like the Michael Jordan of Brazil. Was regarded by many as possibly the best shooter and scorer in the world back in the '80s. I still recall him ripping the US team to shreds in the Pan-Am Games (as well as giving us fits in the Olympics and Basketball World Cup, IIRC).

OP
OP
Cirmman

Cirmman

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: Sorry guys

Dsc 0305

He is HOF basketball player from Brazil
He is unofficially considered to be the all-time leading scorer in the history of basketball, with 49,737 career points scored (club play, plus national team play combined).[1] He is also a record holder for the longest career span of a basketball player.

He was namedOn August 20, 2010, Schmidt was inducted into the FIBA Hall of Fame, in recognition of his play in international competition. On September 8, 2013, Schmidt was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Cirmman":y8t9bdul said:
:lol: :lol: Sorry guys

dsc_0305.jpg

He is HOF basketball player from Brazil
He is unofficially considered to be the all-time leading scorer in the history of basketball, with 49,737 career points scored (club play, plus national team play combined).[1] He is also a record holder for the longest career span of a basketball player.

He was namedOn August 20, 2010, Schmidt was inducted into the FIBA Hall of Fame, in recognition of his play in international competition. On September 8, 2013, Schmidt was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

Just like how CFL Kicker Lui Passaglia is Pro Football's all time leading scorer... nobody cares.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I remember who he is. One of the ALL-TIME greatest basketball players ever - period. I can't believe a few of you have dissed the guy and the OP. Some of those comments deserve to be ripped in "Come on, Man" segment fashion. Oscar Schmidt is legendary.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is an American Football, fan forum. More specifically a Seattle Seahawks fan forum.
Many here do not follow basketball let alone non-American basketball.
It's a cool story but no reason to be surprised if some people don't know who the dude is.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
pmedic920":3t5df2hs said:
This is an American Football, fan forum. More specifically a Seattle Seahawks fan forum.
Many here do not follow basketball let alone non-American basketball.
It's a cool story but no reason to be surprised if some people don't know who the dude is.
Fair enough. I'm not surprised that others don't know who he is. I was a bit surprised by some of the borderline rude responses. That seemed uncalled for. The OP was merely pointing out that a legend in one of the most popular sports worldwide is apparently a Seahawks fan and the link shows numerous pictures of the guy sporting a Sherman Super Bowl jersey. The OPoster simply thought it was interesting given the man's stature and thought enough of .net to make it news. Cut a guy some slack, I say.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Just a little off season "ball bustin" nobody means any real harm. Lighten up just a little. :)
Most here appreciate the story, even if they pop off.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
:sleep: :thcoffee: :187734: ??? This thread signals the beginning of the slow no news period between the start of free agency and pre draft hype.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
pmedic920":1iwz54xk said:
Just a little off season "ball bustin" nobody means any real harm. Lighten up just a little. :)
yeah, thanks. I'm not really bent out of shape about it. Just more checking to see if that's what everyone really means. I've been on .net for awhile. I can generally detect when that is the case. I did go back and try to interpret comments as such. Still, know your audience. The OP is from Brazil (or is at least posting from there?) :Dunno: Is the OPoster in the loop of ball busters that he gets it? If so, my apologies and carry on as you wish.
Really, I just cared to chime in to give props to Schmidt and the OP when it seemed like there wasn't much of that. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over interpretation or misinterpretation, so don't worry about this guy.

CANHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2v44ay66 said:

This post was actually written by pmedic's moustache. Any ladies who may have read it are now pregnant.

#sorry

pmedic920

Reaction score
CANHawk":12ytbc4i said:
pmedic920":12ytbc4i said:

This post was actually written by pmedic's moustache. Any ladies who may have read it are now pregnant.

#sorry

:{)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1jaszwuc said:
pmedic920":1jaszwuc said:
yeah, thanks. I'm not really bent out of shape about it. Just more checking to see if that's what everyone really means. I've been on .net for awhile. I can generally detect when that is the case. I did go back and try to interpret comments as such. Still, know your audience. The OP is from Brazil (or is at least posting from there?) :Dunno: Is the OPoster in the loop of ball busters that he gets it? If so, my apologies and carry on as you wish.
Really, I just cared to chime in to give props to Schmidt and the OP when it seemed like there wasn't much of that. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over interpretation or misinterpretation, so don't worry about this guy.
How many folks here can read the OP's posting that is in Spanish?
To be honest, I was kind of perturbed when I clicked on the link, and not be able to interpret Schmidt's story, and take on Sherman.