Okung in a walking boot

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Color us shocked, haha.

The dude should just play in walking boots with cleats in them.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Turf toe can be a career ending injury, so any time a player with as much weight to carry around as Okung has is seen in a walking boot, it isn't a good sign.

But on the other hand, I suppose that if the coaching staff felt that Okung wasn't healthy, they probably wouldn't have let both Breno and McQ go.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Throwdown":103n0zmw said:
Maybe he got the toe fixed? It's April, I'm not worried.
That's what I'm thinking. Maybe he finally had surgery to repair the ligament in his big toe.

two dog

Reaction score
I hope his toe is fixed. Doesn't matter. Next fall it will just be something else or something else or something..........

Hope they draft a viable lineman who can play on both tackle spots.

chris98251

Reaction score
This late post Super Bowl I would wager he had a procedure done, no other reason to be in a boot 8 weeks from the last game you played.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Okung was a beast in the playoffs, even with the toe injury. Imagine him CRUSHING Justin Smith next season without this lingering injury.

lynch-td.gif

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Atradees":i5585l8t said:
Tech Worlds":i5585l8t said:
Dude is made of glass. Pork Chop 2.0

Exaggerate much? okung is a pro-bowler.
In Okung's short tenure with the Hawks he has already missed more games due to injury than every other LT in Hawks history COMBINED. So no, I tend to think Dom is dead on.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1w2btiir said:
Atradees":1w2btiir said:
Tech Worlds":1w2btiir said:
Dude is made of glass. Pork Chop 2.0

In Okung's short tenure with the Hawks he has already missed more games due to injury than every other LT in Hawks history COMBINED. So no, I tend to think Dom is dead on.

In Hawks history? Combined? LOL. That's obviously a HUGE exaggeration.

The starting LT in 2009 missed six games. The year before that, Walter Jones missed four games with his season-ending knee injury. We were lucky to have Jones for 12 seasons, who missed just 11 games in his career. That's 17 total regular season games missed between those two players. Okung has missed one game more than that. I'm assuming in the 20 preceding years of Hawks history that more than one game was missed by a starting LT.

General Manager

Reaction score
None the less he is injured a lot and it's something I'm sure the FO is concerned with. He will play out this contact and if he has another solid year next year he will get a good offer if not they will go in another direction.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
General Manager":vcqx39yu said:
None the less he is injured a lot and it's something I'm sure the FO is concerned with. He will play out this contact and if he has another solid year next year he will get a good offer if not they will go in another direction.

Okung is primed to have his best year if he can fully recover from this toe issue. Unfortunately, I though Carpenter regressed and looked less explosive as the season progressed. I would like to see them draft an OT for depth, and then start Bailey or Bowie at left guard. That would be a dangerous combination with Okung.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2a2qo27l said:
SalishHawkFan":2a2qo27l said:
Atradees":2a2qo27l said:

The starting LT in 2009 missed six games. The year before that, Walter Jones missed four games with his season-ending knee injury. We were lucky to have Jones for 12 seasons, who missed just 11 games in his career. That's 17 total regular season games missed between those two players. Okung has missed one game more than that. I'm assuming in the 20 preceding years of Hawks history that more than one game was missed by a starting LT.
NO. I actually went to look up every LT that ever played and did the research a few months ago. According to my sources, Jones never missed 11 games, just 8.

It's not an exaggeration, it's a FACT.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":11ee335t said:
hawknation2014":11ee335t said:
SalishHawkFan":11ee335t said:
Atradees":11ee335t said:

NO. I actually went to http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ and did the research a few months ago.

It's not an exaggeration, it's a FACT.

17 games were missed between Jones (1997-2008) and Locklear (2009). Are you saying no games were missed by the starting LT from 1976-1996?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
hawknation2014":e6fc738b said:
SalishHawkFan":e6fc738b said:
hawknation2014":e6fc738b said:

17 games were missed between Jones (1997-2008) and Locklear (2009). Are you saying no games were missed by the starting LT from 1976-1996?
Jones only missed 8, not 11.