Game Worn Helmets...

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Awesome! Max Unger sweat, might have to keep it outside.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder what RW's SBXLVIII helmet would go for? ;)

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Aros":3n8pblxa said:

A one-day pass to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame is $23.00 per adult. That's probably the closest we'll ever get to that item.

Subzero717

Reaction score
After hearing about the NYG scam I wouldnt take their word for it. I also find it interesting these guys get new helmets so often. I would think something like a helmet, that you get to fit from use, you would discard every game.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Aros":1edcs6v9 said:
His 2012 is on eBay. The guy wants $24k I think. So SB48? Ouch.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Mebane's is barely scratched. That must've been the game we played the Jags.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2gyz0yy8 said:
After hearing about the NYG scam I wouldnt take their word for it. I also find it interesting these guys get new helmets so often. I would think something like a helmet, that you get to fit from use, you would discard every game.
Well whatever the NFL wants, the player and the eqip manager does.
I know for a fact that Matt H wore more than one jersey during SB 40. I would guess RW3 and other players put on a 2nd jersey for the 2nd half.
Gaylord Perry, for his 300th win, wore a different jersey for EVERY inning he pitched. He later sold them all as game used 300th victory jerseys.

That's another reason I like my Turbin and Clemons jerseys, and the ball from the September win over 40whiners. I have photos of each item and you can clearly see they were used in the game.

Attachments

• Turbin Tear compare.jpg
    Turbin Tear compare.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,176

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":26vd85bv said:
Z to L, you have got a sweet collection going there bro.

THANKS
Of the 5, I just have the Coleman to get signed, which will happen on May 3rd!!!

irocdave

Reaction score
Nice! Would be a nice piece to add to any Hawks memorabilia collection. My wife went nuts after the SB with buying stuff and about 2 weeks ago an autographed NFL helmet shows up at the door along with a NFL regulation signed football. The helmet was signed by the SB MVP M Smith and the ball signed by Wilson and Lynch. I was surprised by the weight of the helmet, it's been 20+ years since I put on a football helmet but man it felt heavy. Probably weights 12 - 18 pounds? Cant imagine that this is what NFL players are wearing today. Came with a NFL certificate of authenticity.