From the Broncos Board

Mick063

Reaction score
Only posting this because I didn't ever think of it. Seattle against the "elite" quarterbacks over the past two years.

A team that can control the ball and the clock on offense and with a fast, physical defense that can consistently pressure Manning, limit YAC, and force turnovers was the worst possible matchup for the Broncos. The four QBs recognized by most as being elite (Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady) are now 0-5 over the past two years against them and all have struggled against that defense. The Broncos really needed to face anybody but the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Even the 49ers would have been a better matchup.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... ense/page5

kf3339

Reaction score
Just wait until the Broncos and the rest of the AFC West have to play not only us, but the rest of the NFC West this season. You could see a lot of 0-4 or 1-3 records against our conference!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Lol how can someone be so delusional

I'm not sure they could do much different because they beat themselves. They weren't beat by a better defense. The only way a different outcome happens is if the offense learned from that situation and doesn't choke next time.

Anthony!

Reaction score
As much as I hate to tell them, they act like if they can just fix their offense they would be fine. They did not exactly stop our offense either. I Mean not counting the defenes 9 points we scored 34 and that included the last series of back ups. Even if their offense did better it was not going to score 34 points. Our offense only punted 1 time all night, and they could have scored more as well. They are pretty delusional.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Yeah, if they can just fix the most prolific offense of all time. :roll:

It couldn't have been our defense.

theascension

Reaction score
And we get the Broncos and Packers at home this year again too. So can anyone say 0-7?
Unless there's a fundamental change in the 'elite' style QB's of screens/YAC based passes I can't see either winning against us. I think Broncos might slim the margin a bit since the SB though.
Pete Carroll's defensive strategy is built from the ground up to be elite killer.
Plus it helps our defense obviously gets on another level against good competition (we all remember that first half against the Buccaneers last year).

brimsalabim

Reaction score
During the lead up to the Super owl the experts kept predicting that Manning would use our defensive aggressiveness against us. I heard this so much that it got to me and I even expected it to happen any play. I kept thinking wait for it here it comes.. and it never did. The Hawks were dominant in every single aspect of that game and the Broncos knew it before kick off. From the get go they played as if our guys had walked into their pre- game meal, taken their lunches, kissed their girl friends, and left them all with wedgies.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I hang out there a bit and you're right, they're pretty delusional about what happened on 2/2/2014.

Only a few will face the facts that Seattle's roster, top to bottom, is way better than theirs.

And I remember reading that right after Conference Championship weekend, Wes Welker put together a video of big hits they made during the season to show his teammates how they need to play against Seattle.

Maybe their defense never watched it.

The common excuse over there is they were missing six starters... and that's the only reason Seattle won.

TXHawk

Reaction score
That was written by me. I joined their forum mid-season under the name rsrobinson anticipating that we might face them in the Super Bowl. I tried to get into a friendly football discussion in the runup to the SB but they wanted none of it. In their minds the Seahawks offense sucked, Russell Wilson was a game manager, and the defense was overrated because they hadn't faced any good offenses. I kept seeing comparisons of the Hawks to the Chiefs. I was told repeatedly that this was a bad matchup for the Seahawks because they didn't have the firepower to keep up with the unstoppable Broncos offense which would score at least 30. They really didn't think the game was going to be close. Turns out they were right in that regard.

Anyway I wrote that as a bit of an "I told you so" and is essentially some of the same things I was arguing prior to the game. Some are a bit more receptive now to the idea they may have underestimated the Hawks. Others are still holding onto the belief that the Broncos were the better team if not for those injuries.

MagHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3iweeab8 said:
from the get go they played as if our guys had walked into their pre game meal, taken their lunch, kiss their girl friends , and left them all with a wedgies.

:th2thumbs:

I absolutely love this right here!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1duoay69 said:
Seattle wins that Super Bowl against any opponent 10/10 times.

Correction. 100/100 times. :D

CANHawk

Reaction score
Can you blame them for being delusional? It's called a coping mechanism. They're still progressing through the 5 stages of grief, though they clearly seem to be stuck on stage 1; denial.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It was an ole fashioned "beat down"

I'd like to see somebody, post up" even one aspect of the game that the broncos won.
There might be one, but I can't find it. :{)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
From page 3
the opening goofs lead to a lot of missteps the rest of the way. No, Seattle didn't "punch Denver in the mouth" to set the tone. The Broncos made mistakes without Seattle's help

A lot of denial going on there.

Football can be such a macho sport, common examples, "Yea we lost, but at least we fought 'till the end!"
"Yea we didn't get the win, but we stood up to them and didn't get pushed around!"
"I think we we're the more physical and tough team, too bad the scoreboard didn't show it!"

Sometimes it's hard to admit when your favorite team, was physically dominated, was 'punched in the mouth'. As Seahawks fans we know about this right? Hell we had some of the most finesse teams ever during the Holmgren and SA years. And now we have one of the most physical, hard hitting teams I've ever seen. We've seen both sides.

So that poor Donkey fan I quoted above, I know it's really hard to admit, it hits the male ego. But dude, that's exactly what happen, you got punched in the mouth right at the bell, curled up and waited for the 10 count. :Dunno:

BlueBlood

Reaction score
-The Glove-":txfy7o4f said:
Lol how can someone be so delusional

I'm not sure they could do much different because they beat themselves. They weren't beat by a better defense. The only way a different outcome happens is if the offense learned from that situation and doesn't choke next time.

LOL!! They choked every single possession.

I think John Fox said it best, "damn theyre fast."

Jayburd14

Reaction score
pmedic920":23j7ftq8 said:
It was an ole fashioned "beat down"

I'd like to see somebody, post up" even one aspect of the game that the broncos won.
There might be one, but I can't find it. :{)
The only thing they were successful at, was containing Marshawn Lynch most of the game.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2lubfzzl said:
From page 3
the opening goofs lead to a lot of missteps the rest of the way. No, Seattle didn't "punch Denver in the mouth" to set the tone. The Broncos made mistakes without Seattle's help

A lot of denial going on there."Yea we lost, but at least we fought 'till the end!"
"Yea we didn't get the win, but we stood up to them and didn't get pushed around!"
"I think we we're the more physical and tough team, too bad the scoreboard didn't show it!"

Football can be such a macho sport, common examples, Sometimes it's hard to admit when your favorite team, was physically dominated, was 'punched in the mouth'. As Seahawks fans we know about this right? Hell we had some of the most finesse teams ever during the Holmgren and SA years. And now we have one of the most physical, hard hitting teams I've ever seen. We've seen both sides.

So that poor Donkey fan I quoted above, I know it's really hard to admit, it hits the male ego. But dude, that's exactly what happen, you got punched in the mouth right at the bell, curled up and waited for the 10 count. :Dunno:

"Yea we lost, but at least we fought 'till the end!"

They will eventually believe these things as they continue to defend themselves year after year everytime someone brings the game up. Theyll believe they were "in this game" as much as Steeler fans believe they really won a fair Superbowl in '05.

Literally every football fan these Broncos fans meets or knows are going to be dogging them so theyve contrived irrational explanations, conspiracy theories and anything else they can to help them sleep at night. Its a lot worse than we had it after Superbowl XL because everyone was pittying us, questioning the legitimacy of pro sports and the NFL.

I dont feel sorry for Broncos fans because Im a life long Seahawks fan. But I understand where they are coming from with their delusions.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for them nor do I understand their delusions.

They need to man up and stop making excuses. They lost and lost epically.