Finally rewatching XLVIII

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Haven't really had the time up until now. I watched lots of highlight shows but this is the first time I have rewatched. Wow! I keep finding myself giggling with glee. From Percy to Kam to RW to ADB to ...its freaking awesome! One weird thing though...where did all these commercials come from? I don't remember any of them. That must have been when I actually breathed.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Its great but it so feels like an after party - it doesn't quite hit the high note of Joe Buck's "This one is over!" line after the tip.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, watching the SB is just non-stop smiling for a couple of hours. Everything went our way. One of the best days of my life, and worth the loooong wait. NFCCG on the other hand (for me) is like watching a thriller movie for the 2nd time... you know how it ends, but it's still tense. That game was epic. I felt massive amounts of joy and relief when that one was over.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":bt4u5lpj said:
One weird thing though...where did all these commercials come from? I don't remember any of them. That must have been when I actually breathed.

Agreed. I was too busy looking around the room during breaks to make sure everything was really happening.

seanoob

Reaction score
I talked to a coworker that said 'Can you believe anyone has gone back to watch the Super Bowl 3 TIMES?' I just smiled and said nothing. Probably have watched it a dozen times.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, it was quite surreal. I remember thinking well into the 2d quarter (maybe into halftime) the old nagging Seahawk lingering thought: "Well, nice start, but...."

Thankfully the usual "But Same ol' Seahawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" never even hinted at happening. And to do it against our old nemesis the Bronks...well, it was epic, TBS.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I didn't feel sure until Kearse scored. Even Harvin running back didn't seal it for me. Logically it should have (that was the dagger), but I was still a little worried.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I like the alternate ending better... Denver comes roaring back in the final 8 minutes with 6 TD's and 7 onside kick recoveries to leave the sea-chickens in a cloud of orange dust with a final score of 50-43!!!

-wait... that's the SF49'er cream-dream version ending.... MY BAD!!
:laugh:

theascension

Reaction score
I want another SB blowout but against Brady next year instead. Maybe just maybe epsn and others would quit circle jerking the patriots. Probably not since adding old over the hill defensive players the Broncos are offseason champions and assured winners next year already according to espn.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My wife asked me last night why the SB broadcast was still saved on our DVR. I told her I'm not only going to be buried with that Comcast cable box, that if she ever deletes it.........it will be the first thing brought up for review in our divorce hearings.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37xo4ieo said:
My wife asked me last night why the SB broadcast was still saved on our DVR. I told her I'm not only going to be buried with that Comcast cable box, that if she ever deletes it.........it will be the first thing brought up for review in our divorce hearings.

That's why I have hard copies buried in firesafes through my backyard

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I equate re-watching the Super Bowl to chasing the dragon. Its not as good as the first time but its still pretty damn awesome!

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":205qd4g4 said:

I think any sane judge will take your side right there.

The Radish

Reaction score
I've watched it multiple times and love watching the look on Mannings face as the ball went past him into the endzone.

I catch my self still being tense until Percy's runback and still catch my self screaming,,,"ITS OVER!

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I've watched the Seahawks SB Champ disc far more... it's amazing the highlights, the mic'ed ups, I get so into it, so emotional... waiting so long, then having such a superior season then capping it with a historically intense SB victory... aw man, it won't get old for a very long ass time!!

A

Anonymous

tom sawyer":2i1r6kwi said:
I've watched the Seahawks SB Champ disc far more... it's amazing the highlights, the mic'ed ups, I get so into it, so emotional... waiting so long, then having such a superior season then capping it with a historically intense SB victory... aw man, it won't get old for a very long ass time!!

"Mercy!... It's Percy!"

Love it.