Richard Sherman Celebrity softball game

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Yrusa5ez

Looks like its going to be an even bigger event this year. Last year was at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma and apparently sold out pretty quickly. I wonder if Crabtree will get an invite :)

Escamillo

Reaction score
What kind of celebrities were in Sherm's Cheney Stadium softball game? I mean, were they all sports celebs, or were also singers and actors and the like?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fun. This will be the first Seahawks-related event I take my 8-year-old daughter to. She's a big Sherman fan.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Escamillo":18u89ukg said:
What kind of celebrities were in Sherm's Cheney Stadium softball game? I mean, were they all sports celebs, or were also singers and actors and the like?

Can't find the full list but it seemed to be mostly sports celebs. Pretty sure this year will see a more diverse group

IronSaint

Reaction score
These kinds of games are usually pretty fun to attend. We usually have two of them but I think only the Ben Grubbs one is happening this year. Pretty rad you guys' one will be at Safeco though. Ours is held at Zephyr Field (AAA-affiliate of the Miami Marlins) which is conveniently next door to the Saints' facility.

What kind of celebrities normally participate?

lukerguy

Reaction score
A portion donated to charity?

The guy makes very little for what he is worth by the NFL standard, but shouldn't it either be one or the other? What if only 50% goes to charity and 50% goes to him? Then he's profiting from a "charity" event.

I think he could still fill the seats if it wasn't a charity event. Does anyone get what I'm trying to say?

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
lukerguy":3amedo5t said:

The guy makes very little for what he is worth by the NFL standard, but shouldn't it either be one or the other? What if only 50% goes to charity and 50% goes to him? Then he's profiting from a "charity" event.

I think he could still fill the seats if it wasn't a charity event. Does anyone get what I'm trying to say?
I'm pretty sure there are sponsors footing some of the bill, but I'd guess that a large amount of the money goes to just putting the event on. I doubt he'd take any money out of this.

theascension

Reaction score
Like most events I'm sure the celebrities get a decent appearance fee. Otherwise their ego isn't satisfied. I doubt Sherman is making mad money from the event however.

andyh64000

Reaction score
lukerguy":1r5wsmil said:

I noticed that as well. I expected something to the effect of "proceeds donated to charity" which usually means net of expenses including T&E for the celebs. "Portion" to me implies a for profit event. I am not saying that necessarily is a bad thing...RS gives back a lot to the community and is currently paid relatively little. But I inferred the same as you.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
unless 100% goes to charity with no profit involved they have to be accurate. Lets not get all worked up over it. The guy has done more charity work in the past couple years than any other player ive ever seen.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Nice - in for 2, section 124 row 13 seats 1 and 2

easiest father's day shopping ever.

86Hawk

Reaction score
I dont think the mariners would let him use safeco for free. Some money has to be used to put the thing together.

andyh64000

Reaction score
86Hawk":3bjco4k9 said:
I dont think the mariners would let him use safeco for free. Some money has to be used to put the thing together.

"Proceeds" donated to charity means net of expenses including the venue. "Portion" could mean that the organizers are realizing a profit. That being said...I am definitely going :).

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Well he raised more than $40k last year at Cheney, so let's leave it to the event planners to worry about money

A

Anonymous

-The Glove-":1dl6b49d said:
Well he raised more than $40k last year at Cheney, so let's leave it to the event planners to worry about money

Exactly.

Some people blow me away with their glasses all half empty and stuff.

Crymany!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He'll give more money to charity after this one event than all of us combined in a single year. I don't think anyone here should be bummed about about the articles choice of words, haha. If you are, then you may need a reality check.

Having thrown charity events like this in the past, I can assure you that a portion of the proceeds will be used to pay for character appearances, gifts for attendees, and things like insurance (which is insanely expensive for things like this) etc. etc. etc.. Enough money will be made to cover these expenses, and then some (and by some...I mean a hell of a lot). Not to mention the amount of work he will personally be doing simply hosting the event, the man is a blessing.

I hope we are able to talk about the good Sherman does for the local area for the next decade (wearing Navy and Wolf of course).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It would be a reason to go to the beautiful Safeco field.
I'd have to bring my sunblock so my pasty white self doesn't combust. 8)
Might be a good excuse to kidnap the nephew and niece for a day.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I wish I could go to this event , should be awesome for all those who attend .

as for him probably making money off the event ? who cares. really , who cares.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, why does it matter if he gets paid. He's helping to make money for a charity. Um....seems like a good thing :229031_shrug: