Jeron Johnson Restructures Deal

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's a little troubling, because it means Johnson is the safety net due to Kam's surgery.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OkieHawk":d6iuz9e5 said:
Sgt. Largent":d6iuz9e5 said:
It's a little troubling, because it means Johnson is the safety net due to Kam's surgery.

What surgery? Even Kam didn't know about it. :lol:

http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/03/26/ ... ry-for-me/
That is what I am confused about. We have some report that he will have surgery and he says the opposite on Twitter yet they still run with the story like he doesn't exist, what gives?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Look at all the other stories that have broke this off season that were completely untrue, or just jumped the gun and ended up being wrong. Piss poor journalism IMO as none of them actually asked Kam.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Its Clayton...I liked the guy up until this year. He seems set on being right about this and got grilled by Seahawks fans about. I think I trust Kam more than the guy reporting about Kam

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
-The Glove-":15baik6f said:
Its Clayton...I liked the guy up until this year. He seems set on being right about this and got grilled by Seahawks fans about. I think I trust Kam more than the guy reporting about Kam
What? You mean believe the guy the report is about and not the report? Ridiculous. :sarcasm_on:

Clayton has been "off" this offseason for some reason.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Clayton has been off forever, not sure why everyone slurps on everything he says.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xa2ksn3 said:

Wow. Ummm. ..ok.. I mean, depth is already a safety net. that's literally the definition of a back up.

Edit: this kinda looked mean after I posted it. Not to be mean, just more of a "don't fret", this has no other meaning behind it.

I mean if anything, if they had paid him more money, then I would wonder something, but he restructured for less.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Seaswab":1tg1dumi said:
Clayton has been off forever, not sure why everyone slurps on everything he says.

Because for a long while he was one of the few in the national sports media that didn't bag on the Seahawks just to bag on the Seahawks. You are correct though, he has never been any where near as good at what he does as he gets credit for in the Puget Sound region.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":wieigraj said:
Better to be safe than sorry.

This ^^^

And futher, quality depth at each position is crucial for any good team, allows us to better sustain momentum in the event of sudden changes in personnel. If a team is clicking and winning, and then a critical player is lost to injury, the next man up needs to be in a position to succeed.

Like how they set up Maxwell, ya know?

Kams role is huge and a good sub is a smart thing to have, no matter the position.

sutz

Reaction score
Y'all do know that the LoB is more than just the front four starters, right? I think this is good stuff.

Hey, congrats to JJ. Thanks for what you've done so far and hope you continue to play well.

Cartire

Reaction score
Throwdown":2a3v5nvu said:
Didn't he just get that deal?

He got a second round tender as an RFA. Which means if he signed with another team, we would get a 2nd round pick. Obviously no team was going to give up a second round for him, but it ment we were paying him in the high 2 millions, which for a backup, is a lot. He agreed to a restructured deal (which basically becomes a resign/extension) that pays him less. It most likely added more years to his contract while making less this year.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
I wish I was as enamored with Johnson as some others are, but I'm just not. Seriously hope they bring in competition for both backup safety jobs.

theascension

Reaction score
A pretty decent backup I think from re-watching game tape this off-season. And saving money, even if a little bit is a big deal.
Almost 16M now that we can mostly roll over for next year.

Latest posts