Russell Wilson

cboom

Reaction score
Those of you that been on this board for awhile keep reminding me of what I said when they decided to start Mr. Wilson. And for those of you that were not around or didn't see my comments I took so much crap for...... I basically said he was to short and felt at the time we needed to find a way to draft QB early in the first round and find our future.

I was wrong, and I'm so happy to be wrong.

I didn't know a thing about the man other than he played a good game against Oregon in the Rosebowl. I had no idea that the guy we ended up with at QB before being a Superbowl winning QB was a standup class act person. And then won us a Superbowl! He is the kind of guy everybody want to root for, and the guy you want to represent your team.

You don' t have to, but I ask you to finally cut me a bit of slack of slack for not being a believer on day one. I got 30 years of following this team.... hasn't always been easy!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
grumpy_cat_no.png

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hey, I loved Wilson and still thought we were wasting a shot at the Super Bowl his rookie year by starting him instead of Flynn. But you know what?

WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So all's well that ends well and it couldn't end much better than knocking off the Niners in the NFCCG and DESTROYING Denver in the SB.

OP
OP
C

cboom

Reaction score
OkieHawk":36xbjze1 said:
This needs to be moved to the shack.

I disagree. I was wrong on my initial call on the guy. And more than took some flack for it. Again glad to me wrong. Why is that so bad to say? And for the next guy that said "this could get ugly" or something like that. Why? I simply said I was wrong.

And again I'm love the fact we have a class act as our QB, and he is a good one at that!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
cboom":3hv5srcy said:
OkieHawk":3hv5srcy said:

I disagree. I was wrong on my initial call on the guy. And more than took some flack for it. Again glad to me wrong. Why is that so bad to say? And for the next guy that said "this could get ugly" or something like that. Why? I simply said I was wrong.

And again I'm love the fact we have a class act as our QB, and he is a good one at that!

I want it in the shack so that I can say truly vile things about you and your previous QB prognostication. Your quote is still someone's sig, and it reminds me how narrow minded people are at times. You will probably never live this down, much like Sanchez and the butt fumble. In fact, you should be .Net's butt fumble for at least a year as penance.

OP
OP
C

cboom

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3n69ajla said:
Hey, I loved Wilson and still thought we were wasting a shot at the Super Bowl his rookie year by starting him instead of Flynn. But you know what?

So all's well that ends well and it couldn't end much better than knocking off the Niners in the NFCCG and DESTROYING Denver in the SB.

Thanks for that! I had a gal on here that I'm pretty sure never strapped up a helmet keep calling me out for a couple years when I made my comments when they started him. I have shut up...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cboom, you cannot possibly hope to get past this unless you fall on your sword in the shack where everyone that has any feelings about it can go off on you. You have to go take your lumps like a man in the shack. It's really the only way.

OP
OP
C

cboom

Reaction score
OkieHawk":225asf0w said:
cboom":225asf0w said:
OkieHawk":225asf0w said:

I want it in the shack so that I can say truly vile things about you and your previous QB prognostication. Your quote is still someone's sig, and it reminds me how narrow minded people are at times. You will probably never live this down, much like Sanchez and the butt fumble. In fact, you should be .Net's butt fumble for at least a year as penance.

I guess if you really wanted to say something you could do it in a PM? And my quote is still in that gals sig? I just admitted I was wrong. And was happy about it. I guess I was a bit narrow minded? So were the colleges that recruited me, speed and size needed to be verified before an offer. That is the real world. Truth is draft picss and money usually goes towards the safe bets. Wilson over came that. Again PM me or say whatever "truly vile thing" you want to say about me right here. Won't bother me any....

Wilson is a stud. And a heck of a good human being.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So you knew nothing of the guy, yet you proceeded to rip him and call him the worst QB the Seahawks have had...because you've seen them all, as you say. Don't spout nonsense and display your ignorance if you haven't done your HW.

OP
OP
C

cboom

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":30y71eoj said:
Cboom, you cannot possibly hope to get past this unless you fall on your sword in the shack where everyone that has any feelings about it can go off on you. You have to go take your lumps like a man in the shack. It's really the only way.

Still not really sure what the shack is? another part of this forum? well I"m game.... Ill find it and take my lumps.

Only thing that really bothers me is being called out for an opinion that I was wrong on. I spent many a Sundays in the Kingdome with my dad watching Easley, then later on Brown growing up. Then as the free tickets on daddy ran out I kept paying the bill. I missed one game in the 05 Superbowl year, I was in Mexico during the Cardinals game. And was there in Detroit for the game the reff's picked the winner.

Heck I was lucky enough to play a high school game in the Kingdome and play close to that after that. I was not close to good enough to wear Seahawks blue or any other NFL team for that matter.

But like I said I will take my lumps for the comment I made. And I am actually really happy to do it

OP
OP
C

cboom

Reaction score
-The Glove-":336flm6c said:
So you knew nothing of the guy, yet you proceeded to rip him and call him the worst QB the Seahawks have had...because you've seen them all, as you say. Don't spout nonsense and display your ignorance if you haven't done your HW.

You know what..... I started this thread as my eating crow thread. You are dead on. I ripped the kid when I didn't know a thing about him. I really didn't mean to and actually never ripped on him personally. I'm trying to be friendly here. Almost 99.9% of the time the numbers win out........ A 5'10" QB has almost no chance in the league. Russell made it, I don't know you can really call me ignorant for that? I'm betting my football experience might have gone a bit past yours? You may have played in HS and I went a level beyond that. One thing we both have in common is neither one of went far enough to get paid for it.....

Escamillo

Reaction score
I'm not too concerned about a poster here admitting to being wrong about RW, I'm much more interested in Hugh Millen finally admitting that HE was wrong. He was positively outraged that Coach Carroll started Wilson over Flynn, and voiced his outrage for weeks and weeks. Then, even as Wilson got better and better in 2012, it was like pulling teeth to get Millen to compliment him, and each time he begrudgingly did so, it was a backhanded compliment, with lots of caveats and qualifications. smh. Millen was so bad, that there were times when on Hardcore Football, they'd be discussing a TD or first down pass or a scramble for a TD or first down, Millen would criticize RW rather than praising him ("sure, the result of the play was good, but RW misread the defense, threw to the 'wrong' receiver, got lucky because the defender overplayed the pass, blah blah blah"). I'm waiting for Millen to eat his own helping of crow.

Escamillo

Reaction score
cboom":2xoye6vd said:
-The Glove-":2xoye6vd said:

You know what..... I started this thread as my eating crow thread. You are dead on. I ripped the kid when I didn't know a thing about him. I really didn't mean to and actually never ripped on him personally. I'm trying to be friendly here. Almost 99.9% of the time the numbers win out........ A 5'10" QB has almost no chance in the league. Russell made it, I don't know you can really call me ignorant for that? I'm betting my football experience might have gone a bit past yours? You may have played in HS and I went a level beyond that. One thing we both have in common is neither one of went far enough to get paid for it.....

Wait, did you really proclaim/predict Wilson as the worst Seahawk QB ever? Did you ever see Dan McGuire? Checkdown Charlie? Rick Mire after his nice rookie year? Stan Gelbaugh (whom I respect as a fierce competitor, but was of limited talent)? Kelly Stouffer?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
cboom":1ymdj84g said:
Those of you that been on this board for awhile keep reminding me of what I said when they decided to start Mr. Wilson. And for those of you that were not around or didn't see my comments I took so much crap for...... I basically said he was to short and felt at the time we needed to find a way to draft QB early in the first round and find our future.

I was wrong, and I'm so happy to be wrong.

I didn't know a thing about the man other than he played a good game against Oregon in the Rosebowl. I had no idea that the guy we ended up with at QB before being a Superbowl winning QB was a standup class act person. And then won us a Superbowl! He is the kind of guy everybody want to root for, and the guy you want to represent your team.

You don' t have to, but I ask you to finally cut me a bit of slack of slack for not being a believer on day one. I got 30 years of following this team.... hasn't always been easy!

I'll cut you slack.... a good 1/2 of the guys on .net here were saying similar things as you yet those all got swept under the rug....so why not you? I do remember as I was in the minority camp of "Pro-Wilson". The rest have been forgiven and so should you.

Anyways, its just a forum, I wouldn't let what they think or say get to you.

Regards,
ITS

themunn

Reaction score
It's fine to have an opinion
and it's fine for that opinion to be wrong
and it's fine to change your mind

I'm OK with you doing that.

However, the nature of your statement "the worst QB the Seahawks have ever had, and I've been around to see them all" after ONE game (you said this immediately after the season opener) is the definition of a kneejerk reaction, and one so ridiculous when you consider the awful QBs we've had in our past. You deserve all the criticism/ridicule you get for it, and you have to deal with it.

That said, I've noticed a couple of people shoot down other opinions you've had/said since, purely based on the Wilson comment. Others have accused you of being a hater/not really a fan if you have a negative opinion, which I think is unfair on you.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can back track, you can apologise, but you can't undo something that you were adament about at the time and has been considered one of the most knee jerk, uneducated, and ridiculous statements made in a long while. Posters that are no longer here have made statements of that same type and even after they have moved on to other places are remembered for those posts that were infamous.

Much like Bill Clinton saying he smoked pot but didn't inhale, it's remembered and it took two seasons multiple playoff games and a Super Bowl for you to come forward with your initial post.

Thats like showing up at a fire with a bucket of water after it's burned itself out and the clean up has been done already don't ya think?

There has been almost two years or so of time to come clean on your opinion, better late then never, but the bed you made isn't all of a sudden going to go away. Your gonna have to live with it as long as the people here remember, or until someone else does something that makes it a distant memory that will be talked about, while your opinion is being brought up in conversations as an example of things that can come back to bite you, such Oathetic posts are historical here.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
You can apologize but your judgment will forever be questioned especially in regards to anything RW.
If I were you I'd start get a new username.