Your Top 12 Seahawks for 2014?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Terry Blount is counting down the Top 12 Seahawks presently on the roster going into this season.. what would your Top 12 look like?

Cartire

Reaction score
His top twelve is horrible as well.

ET at #3. With Sherman and Wilson left.

Sorry. ET should be #1 without question.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd put chancellor and thomas ahead of sherman. Not because i think they are better or more important to the team necessarily, but our safeties are what set us apart from every other team out there. Every other team doesn't have richard sherman either, but what we are able to do at safety makes the rest of the defense run. It's rare to have your safeties as the 'core ' of your defense. Usually they are an afterthought position where you can cut cap costs and throw a veteran (read: old) cornerback to sit. They are just that good, though. And I wouldn't have it any other way on a team that's done it differently.

I have no qualms if wilson is #1 though; it's year 3 for him, he lost one of his offensive weapons and outlets, and he's going to have to play at a very high level to keep it rolling.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2fluo5n9 said:
I'd put chancellor and thomas ahead of sherman. Not because i think they are better or more important to the team necessarily, but our safeties are what set us apart from every other team out there. Every other team doesn't have richard sherman either, but what we are able to do at safety makes the rest of the defense run. It's rare to have your safeties as the 'core ' of your defense. Usually they are an afterthought position where you can cut cap costs and throw a veteran (read: old) cornerback to sit. They are just that good, though. And I wouldn't have it any other way on a team that's done it differently.

I have no qualms if wilson is #1 though; it's year 3 for him, he lost one of his offensive weapons and outlets, and he's going to have to play at a very high level to keep it rolling.

I understand the old adage that the QB is the most valuable position. And I agree to an extent. And I also think RW is amazing, so this isn't a knock on him. But if I had to choose only one to keep on the team, honestly, ET.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Without question?? It's plenty debatable. I'd probably have Thomas as #1, but there's a hell of a lot of other guys that would be good choices. Sherm/RW/Beast etc.

drrew

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is incredible, no doubt about it, but if he quit after the superbowl, you could have replaced him with someone like Jairus Byrd who isn't as good, but is a reasonable facsimile.

If Russell Wilson quit after the superbowl, you're screwed. How often does a championship level QB come available? Brees in '06 and Peyton in '12. That's about it for the past 10 years.

ET is #1 as the best defensive back in the NFL and in the argument with JJ Watt for best defender. Russell is #1 most valuable Seahawk because there simply isn't a reasonable expectation that he could be replaced.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
1. Richard Sherman
2. Earl Thomas
3. Russell Wilson
4. Marshawn Lynch
5. Percy Harvin
6. Kam Chancellor
7. Bobby Wagner
8. Michael Bennett
9. Cliff Avril
10. Russell Okung
11. Brandon Mebane
12. KJ Wright

Cartire

Reaction score
drrew":285loqam said:
If Russell Wilson quite after the superbowl, you're screwed. How often does a championship level QB come available? Brees in '06 and Peyton in '12. That's about it for the past 10 years.

I don't understand what this means at all. Your telling me that those two are the only championship QBs to arrive in the last decade? I assume you also mean Denver picking up Peyton and not when he actually entered. Rodgers?

But if that's the case, then you just proved my point more that the QB isn't as valuable as you assume.

Eli
Big Ben

Two titles each. You gonna tell me that there aren't at least ten other QBs that could have been on those teams and won?

You could only name one other FS that could fill ETs void, and I agree with that.

I can name 12 QBs who could fill RWs void and still win the title on this team. Please understand I'm not advocating who is better of the 12, or that any certain one is better then RW, but that they could have been on the 2013 team and won it all.

Sherman and browner. Sherman and maxwell. All great. All of them highly benifit from ET more then ET benefits from them. They all help each other out, but ET is the unanimous most important cog in that machine.

I know this all comes down to subjectiveness. But when I look at all the close games we won this season, the defense was more of the factor (in most games) then the offense.

Veilside

Reaction score
If I could have only 1 player it would kill me but I think I would have to pick Russ over ET just because of how important the QB position is to lock down. I don't think you could replace ET and not have a drop off on the defense, but great QB's and Coaches find a way to win despite having to overcome a bad defense and I don't think our defense would be considered bad without him....just maybe not elite.

Veilside

Reaction score
Also, I'm really hoping we can add Christine Michael on our lists next season. He really does have the potential to rank up there with Percy as far as importance to the team goes. Let's just hope he has what it takes to live up to that potential.

Also to a lesser degree, Luke Willson.

beehawk46

Reaction score
1-RW

2-ET

3-Michael Bennett

4-Richard Sherman

5-Percy Harvin

6-BeastMode

7-Russell Okung

8-KJ Wright

9- Mebane

10-Max Unger

hawknation2014

Reaction score
1. Russell Wilson
2. Kam Chancellor
3. Earl Thomas
4. Richard Sherman
5. Marshawn Lynch
6. Russell Okung
7. Brandon Mebane
8. Michael Bennett
9. Cliff Avril
10. Bobby Wagner
11. Max Unger
12. Percy Harvin

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
People need to not get upset about subjective lists. Hell -- I'm doing a list of every Seahawk in history, and I'm just happy if it provokes discussion. If you disagree with me that's good -- it means you care about your opinion.

Terry Blount is giving us a topic for discussion during the long offseason. Try not to destroy him too much for it.

Sac

Reaction score
Russell Wilson
Earl Thomas
Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Russell Okung
Marshawn Lynch
Bobby Wagner
Gregg Scruggs
Michael Bennett
Cliff Avril
Allen Robinson
Jordan Hill

jkitsune

Reaction score
If the question is 'who is the most transcendent player, at their position, on the Seahawks?' the answer is ET. Sherman is #2 IMO.
If the question is 'who is the single player who most elevates the play of their entire unit on the Seahawks?' the answer is ET. I'm not sure who I'd put as #2. Maybe RW. Maybe Chancellor. Maybe Sherman.
If the question is 'which single player, if lost, would most greatly affect the Seahawks' chances of winning the Super Bowl?' IMO the answer is Russell Wilson.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
My top 12 for 2014.

1. Percy Harvin will be the team MVP in 2014.
2. Earl Thomas
3. Russell Wilson
4. Richard Sherman
5. Kam Chancellor
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Cliff Avirl
8. Brandon Mebane
9. Michael Bennett
10. K.J. Wright
11. Russell Okung (of course, he'll miss 6 games with some sort of injury)
12. Doug Baldwin

sc85sis

Reaction score
This team couldn't do better than 7-9 before Russell was drafted. Granted, he's not the only reason for the improvement, but he's a major reason. He goes first, Earl second.

McGruff

Reaction score
Withoutlooking at any lists and missing some one undoubtably:

Thomas
Sherman
Lynch
Kam
Wilson
Bennett
Percy
Okung
Unger
Mebane
Avril
Baldwin
Maxwell
Wagner

That's 14 and I can't trim any of the last three

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":owvp3hg1 said:
My top 12 for 2014.

1. Percy Harvin will be the team MVP in 2014.
2. Earl Thomas
3. Russell Wilson
4. Richard Sherman
5. Kam Chancellor
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Cliff Avirl
8. Brandon Mebane
9. Michael Bennett
10. Brandon Mebane.
11. Russell Okung (of course, he'll miss 6 games with some sort of injury)
12. Doug Baldwin

Mebane is so importanthe makes the list twice!