Got an up close view of the Lombardi today at the VMAC

seanoob

Reaction score
The Generation 12 kids club hosted a movie day for members with a very special trophy on display today. They had a camera setup and took everyone's picture with the trophy. It was amazing.

We only got to see the lobby (which had a huge inflatable lombardi trophy) and the film room. It was cool watching part of the season highlights and the kids movie of the day 'Despicable me 2.'

Attachments

• lombardismall.jpg
    lombardismall.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,272

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm jealous. I'd love to have my picture with the first of many Lombardi trophys. :)

dbmack

Reaction score
I was just telling mr dbmack yesterday that I want to see the Lombardi close up. I have seen the NBA trophy several times (I had season tickets to the Blazers for 20+ years) and an Emmy Award at Hallmark in KC (they are so much bigger than they look on tv) and I know seeing the Lombardi would easily top both of those.

JonRud

Reaction score
I love being Super Bowl Champions. We should have done this years ago....

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What a great time for the team and the 12s.

There is a fair level of therapeutic value in knowing that the Hawks lived up to the hype of 2013 and have a good chance of being in the mix again.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Congrats. The two times I had a full tour and watched practice, we only had the NFC trophy.

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
It has been an incredible year. I keep on trying to emphasize how special a Super Bowl win is to my son. It's heaven for 12s. I loitered as long as possible to look at the trophy.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It cracks me up that me, a grown man in my middle age, could be so inexplicably giddy, like a small child on Christmas Day, over a trophy.

Yet, there you have it.

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
Aros hit the nail on the head. Giddy. Like, Warren Moon's shriek giddy :)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
getting ready to head to this for the 2pm event - hopefully that trophy is still there!

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I am pretty surprised to see that it has not been updated with the score of the game yet.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1xwkyoch said:
I am pretty surprised to see that it has not been updated with the score of the game yet.

Teams typically hold on to it for a little while before sending it back to Tiffany's for engraving. They like to have it on hand for FA visits and draft player tryouts as "motivation". The draft is later this year so it makes sense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Basis4day":28t8qilf said:
Seahawks1983":28t8qilf said:

Teams typically hold on to it for a little while before sending it back to Tiffany's for engraving. They like to have it on hand for FA visits and draft player tryouts as "motivation". The draft is later this year so it makes sense.

One would think the SB Champions could get some engraving expedited !