"Enough With Russell Wilson!"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That was my neighbor today. Delicious tidbits.

To paraphrase...

"God, enough with Russell Wilson. He wants to be the best QB ever to play the game? Okay, I guess all the other QB's should just quit. Russell has it in the bag. And enough with all the photo ops? He's EVERYWHERE!!"

I was cracking up. He was being partially tongue-in-cheek but it was really funny. He said nothing would make him more happy than to see Wilson in some kind of sex scandal or something like that. Russell Wilson. Jesus Christ walking the earth in the 21st century, that was the sentiment. LOL

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I can definitely see how non-Seahawk fans are sick of Wilson, Sherman, Carroll and others.

I just don't care!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL...Yeah no doubt it's the side effect of being the best of the best. I'll take it. :)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Must be a Washington thing. He is pretty much still disrespected every where else. Just Friday I was listening to The Lebatard show and some draft guru discuss Johnnie Football and when asked he compared Manzeiles ceiling to Russ's. LeBatard said that's not a very high ceiling and the whole show had a big laugh. One of the other guys chimed in that Johnnie would need to find a team with a defense and a running back that carries him in order to have NFL success too.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Jealousy smells so sweet yes? Manziel can't hold Wilson's jock just trust that. He's this generations Ryan Leaf at best. At worst? It could get ugly Bradford ugly.

Brahn

Reaction score
Guys just wants to see Wilson in a sex tape because he wants to see what a true champion looks like naked. No knock on the guy it is just his kink.

kobebryant

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1nuixmjp said:
Jealousy smells so sweet yes? Manziel can't hold Wilson's jock just trust that. He's this generations Ryan Leaf at best. At worst? It could get ugly Bradford ugly.

I understand that I am in the minority, but I think Manziel will be an excellent NFL player. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
brimsalabim":14kqh1bi said:
Must be a Washington thing. He is pretty much still disrespected every where else. Just Friday I was listening to The Lebatard show and some draft guru discuss Johnnie Football and when asked he compared Manzeiles ceiling to Russ's. LeBatard said that's not a very high ceiling and the whole show had a big laugh. One of the other guys chimed in that Johnnie would need to find a team with a defense and a running back that carries him in order to have NFL success too.

Any human being that uses the term "game manager" when discussing Russell Wilson is an immediate signal of a Simpleton.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Go back and watch the DVD of the superbowl . He's in the huddle right before halftime and basically says don't let up and let's go be Super Bowl champions! Sounds corny but his ability to lead is a huge factor in this teams success!

drdiags

Reaction score
Wilson is Pete Carroll's long lost son. They speak the same with the same hokey message that rings true. If you watched them from afar and not know the full story of the men, you might tend to roll your eyes. But in the end, they both are winners and cut from a different cloth than most people.

Wilson is definitely everywhere, but I noticed a lot of the team mates are getting recognition for the Super bowl win. America loves to associate with winners. As long as Wilson is winning, the mediots and jealous fans can think of him whatever they like. I get tired as well when other folks QBs are forced on me day after day. So enjoy it America. You get to be reminded about a guy you probably couldn't care less about. Tough.

Rainger

Reaction score
Be patient Padawan. it doesn't matter what any of the talking heads say right now.

I will guarantee they will all be saying something different in 3 more years. Mark this post!

I have never been more confident in a prediction than I am that in 3 years all the criticism and slights from the main stream media and the blogs will have turned around regarding RW.

We will not be hearing that it is just the defense and running game other than from the worst hacks and haters in the media and blogosphere.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I'll take 200 yds a game with a 26/9 ratio every year for the next 10 years because that means the machine is running on all cylinders.

The naysayers can be compared to the Warden and Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption. They'll keep wondering how in the hell this "game manager" of a QB just kept getting the better of them.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
The "Is Russell Wilson a game manager" question is quickly becoming a very easy test of intelligence for me. If you answer "yes" I immediately mark you down as someone whose opinion carries little weight. God forbid you compare him to Trent Dilfer. If you do, everything you say henceforth is bullsh*t. I seriously don't know where the RW disrespect comes from. He's EASILY in the top 1-3 for best second year qbs ever. Stats, wins, he has it all. Throw in the fact he's playing in the best defensive conference in the world, with an average receiver core and spotty to terrible o-line. I just don't get it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HuskerHawk":3cv7bhzn said:
The "Is Russell Wilson a game manager" question is quickly becoming a very easy test of intelligence for me. If you answer "yes" I immediately mark you down as someone whose opinion carries little weight.

Yep. Me too. It's not being a homer either, it's being someone who is intelligent enough to know the difference between a Dilfer-esque QB and a once-in-a-lifetime QB.