When is draft day again?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It's usually the last Thursday of April - Saturday. however due to scheduling conflict it starts may 8-10, Thursday -Sat. 3 weeks from Thursday.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1iwcrfjv said:
It's usually the last Thursday of April - Saturday. however due to scheduling conflict it starts may 8-10, Thursday -Sat. 3 weeks from Thursday.

While half-true, this is going to be the norm now.. Goodell has said that he wants to move the draft back to May because they wanted an event to happen in every month of the offseason.

February - Scouting Combine
March - Free Agency
April - Schedule Release
May - Draft
June - Mini-Camps
July - Training Camps
August - Preseason

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
More detailed schedule of the upcoming weeks.

April 21: The following clubs begin offseason workouts: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Carolina, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Miami, New England, New Orleans, N.Y. Giants, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia, St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle.

April 22: The following clubs begin offseason workouts: Buffalo, Chicago, Green Bay, Oakland, Pittsburgh, San Diego. (Note: Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Tennessee and Washington all began workouts on April 7.)

May 2: Final day for clubs to sign restricted free agents.

May 3: Deadline for clubs to extend contracts of 2011 first-round picks for a fifth year.

May 7: Final day for clubs to match offer sheets to restricted free agents.

May 8-10: 2014 NFL Draft, New York City.

May 19-21: NFL Spring League Meeting, Atlanta.

May 27: Most NFL teams begin OTAs (Organized Team Activities)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -may-2014/

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I hate the move. I LOVED when it was all done on the weekend. I was OK with the move to the 4 day format, but the move back is killing me.

May 8th is my anniversary, how am I supposed to dedicate the entire day to drinking and watching the draft now?

kobebryant

Reaction score
gowazzu02":4ylecy93 said:
I hate the move. I LOVED when it was all done on the weekend. I was OK with the move to the 4 day format, but the move back is killing me.

May 8th is my anniversary, how am I supposed to dedicate the entire day to drinking and watching the draft now?

Make the third day the day you spend with your lady. That's the agreement I have made.

Rounds 4-7 take like almost an entire day. Not sure I could sit through it even if I had the day free.

DVR Saturday, skip ahead pick by pick and avoid the talking heads.

Beers and wings with the boys for round 1 is the best way to go; you get great reactions to each pick.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I used to sit and watch the draft, but not any longer. Last year I didn't watch hardly any of the draft. I kept track of the draft on my phone and then got more information and details about specific players online after they were chosen. It was much better and less frustrating that way. Sometimes listening to these guys try to keep talking for hours on end can really grate on the ol' nerves

muxpux

Reaction score
the draft is on my bday this year. also, ive never understood how people can manage to use facebook or message boards and yet cant seem to work google.