Sidney Rice signs 1-year deal

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Love the move. Low risk. He knows the system and is a good team player. If he can make it back to the point where he can compliment Harvin - we are set.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hope the 1 year deal means they still plan on drafting a WR.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Very nice, hopefully he can stay healthy for us. Also hope we still draft a WR come draft day.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Great news! Now if we can draft a WR somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds I am going to feel really confident in our WR group this year.

Anyone who picked up a Rice jersey while they were on discount gets to reap the rewards for one more year.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He becomes quite the x-factor. If he's healthy he can still be damn good.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I love this. I try not to get too attached to expendable players like him, but the fact that he traveled with the team all year despite being injured says a lot about how he feels about the team. It was cool seeing him on the sideline with the team during games after he was hurt.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Good move on both sides. He comes into a system he's very comfortable in and gets to play across from Harvin with Lynch in the backfield, and has a qb that is comfortable enough to throw the ball up for him. We get to bring him in with no long term risk to our cap. It's a win/win situation.

For those concerned, A one year deal for a player doesn't change a teams future outlook. If they wanted a WR before, they still will want one. Although I see this front office as much more of a BPA type of front office. With that said, I see us drafting a WR, just maybe not as early as one might think. It will definitely be an interesting draft, no doubt about it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Awesome. Wanted him back. No denying that his presence opens things up in the redzone. This offense stumbled when he went down.