Next Move

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok we brought back Rice, now the only top player left to secure is Doug Baldwin, the rest are mostly extensions, we also may be looking to shore up places but I think that comes after the draft.

So my thoughts are, Baldwin, then Draft, then UDFA, then we wait for cutdowns to fill holes after OTA's, then we will look at extensions after we know what we have in the bank.

Going to be boring here in Championship land except for the draft.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I actually still think there is a good chance we see Jermichael Finley here if and when he is cleared

seahawksny

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1ruif4k9 said:
I actually still think there is a good chance we see Jermichael Finley here if and when he is cleared

dont think we need finley- i know a year has passed, but McCoy was really good for us in 2012. Plus Miller and Willson

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The only thing I think we need to do is look at what personnel we can use as bartering chips for the draft. Yup Chris, Winnerville is kinda boring in the spring. LOL

joeshaney

Reaction score
seahawksny":2nee58zf said:
Ziggyy108":2nee58zf said:

dont think we need finley- i know a year has passed, but McCoy was really good for us in 2012. Plus Miller and Willson

McCoy was good.
Finley was better.
Doesn't matter, both would have to earn there spots.
No freebies so might as well bring him in.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The next big move will be picking someone off the market once some more cuts are made. I really hope they go the route of drafting and signing a few guys for the OL.

You can never have too much depth there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Didn't we already pick up Doug's option?

If you're talking extension, that's not going to happen until next off season.......and even then we'll probably let him go to free agency like Tate.

jblaze

Reaction score
Doug has a 2nd round RFA tender but he hasn't signed it yet. He's still holding out for a long term contract. He'll make about 2.1m this year under that tender which is a big pay bump for him but all players want long term stability and guaranteed dollars.

I believe that Seattle will let Doug play 2014 under his 2nd round tender and see where they're at next offseason as he'll be a UFA then. It's quite possible that Doug could walk thereafter and the front office could tender Kearse next offseason in the same manner, probably with a 3rd for Kearse.

My thought is that it looks likely that Seattle will draft a couple of WR"s in this draft given how deep it is. After a year, they'll be seasoned enough for the #3 and #4 spots in the WR corp at least. That's not to say someone like Chris Matthews or Taylor Price couldn't step up as well.

Hopefully Doug has a solid year and justifies a long term deal next year with Seattle or someone else. As much as I like Doug, I'm not sure he's worth typical #2 WR money.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
O'brien Schofield. 2 yr for 3 m type deal.

It nullifies the Seahawks need for LBer and LEO depth.

The Seahawks signing Rice bolds well for OBS returning since he had that failed physical. Unless there is some bad blood between him and the team after not getting playing time.

The 2 yr deal is necessary because they can choose the cheaper option between Smith/Wright for WLB and then start Schoefield at SLB with Irvin at LE02 or vice versa.