Post Super Bowl losses

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Every year teams that win the super bowl get raided for players in FA. Just today a few of my buddies one Broncos and one Tampa Bay fans were saying how we did such a good job of letting our older players walk and retaining our core. Many SB winning teams end up paying too much money to their veteran players who are overvalued and in the long run it costs them.

Basically they though cutting Bryant and Clemons were shrewd moves and allowing Browner and Tate to sign for big money was smart. I can look past loosing guys i loved watching, but I also really hope that this leads to the extensions of ET and Sherm.

Rainger

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2ouf1xb6 said:
Every year teams that win the super bowl get raided for players in FA. Just today a few of my buddies one Broncos and one Tampa Bay fans were saying how we did such a good job of letting our older players walk and retaining our core. Many SB winning teams end up paying too much money to their veteran players who are overvalued and in the long run it costs them.

Basically they though cutting Bryant and Clemons were shrewd moves and allowing Browner and Tate to sign for big money was smart. I can look past loosing guys i loved watching, but I also really hope that this leads to the extensions of ET and Sherm.

I am with you and totally trust our coaches and FO. However I just spent today watching hours of highlight films and the Blue ray and etc etc etc of last season, and although I think all will be ok. I did notice how may big plays Golden and others made.

I noticed how many times I saw Clemons, Thurmond, Browner, McDonald in on plays and kinda took a deep breath at how big a part they all were in our season last year.

I was actually going to start a separate post on the subject about next years team. I am sure Pete and John have a plan, however there were a lot of plays made on the field by those over paid players and the ones who became over paid.

Don't get me wrong, I am not being a negative nelly. I trust the next man up mantra and what we will add from the draft and those that are already on the team, who will now get a chance but most of the players we lost or cut really did contribute to last years SB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Oh we're still going to have to shell out the big bucks in the next year, so we're not getting off cheap with trying to keep players.

But I understand what you're saying, and I'm OK with all the free agent departures. John and Pete's hand was forced, they HAD to let all these guys go in order to have enough cap space to keep what they consider the "core" players............as well as have some wiggle room to try and upgrade or fill in spots.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
The way I see it is that the guys we lost we lost for a reason. They were let go because they can be replaced with a chance to upgrade the positions. Yes cost was a factor but JS/PC had to make a choice and if these guys were all that they would still be here. When they were let go JS/PC already had an eye on their replacements.

Why even try to compete with a team so desperate for certain positions that they will will through crazy money at it? Especially if you know you can upgrade?

Words to live your Seahawk lives by "there is a plan".

RockHawk

Reaction score
The more I watch last season's games and highlights, the more I believe that we'll miss Clinton McDonald much more than Tate or any other player loss.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You might very well be correct on that one, Rock. Either way, I can't wait to see how things turn out in 2014 for our beloved Seahawks.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Way before last year began I told everybody I know that we'd win the Super Bowl. Never been so certain of any Hawk team in my life. This season? We might win it. I can't be that 100% certain anymore, but we've got a great team and it will be exciting to see us try to rePete. I think we can do it. We've got to be the hands down favorite.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":218f632s said:
Way before last year began I told everybody I know that we'd win the Super Bowl. Never been so certain of any Hawk team in my life. This season? We might win it. I can't be that 100% certain anymore, but we've got a great team and it will be exciting to see us try to rePete. I think we can do it. We've got to be the hands down favorite.
Nice. However, did you predict us becoming the next dynasty? :) Scott Kacsmar, the head guy at Football Outsiders, did in May of last year. (Guest article at Bleacher Report, don't hold the URL against it.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1647 ... xt-dynasty

Really good read, everyone should check it out.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1z18x1qj said:
SalishHawkFan":1z18x1qj said:
Nice. However, did you predict us becoming the next dynasty? :) Scott Kacsmar, the head guy at Football Outsiders, did in May of last year. (Guest article at Bleacher Report, don't hold the URL against it.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1647 ... xt-dynasty

Really good read, everyone should check it out.
Oh, I seriously think we'll be a dynasty. I think we win at least two more Super Bowls, if not more. This year is big to me because I want a ThreePete.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can't stop thinking about being the first and only team to three-Pete. The stars are aligned PERFECTLY for it, because we'd get our second which is the 49th Super Bowl that 49ers fans already feel destined to get just because, and then the 3rd would be the 50th Super Bowl hosted inside the 49ers stadium!

Seriously, the tears of 49ers fans would be saltier than the Dead Sea if this came into fruition.