The greatest Seahawk of all time!!!

Rainger

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers: PETE CARROLL :179422:

When ever someone has a list of the top 10 or the greatest of this or that they always look at this player and that or this coach or that. However if we get right down to it the greatest "Seahawk" (not counting Nordstrum or Allen) that there has ever been, is Pete Carroll.

Can you name any one person in the history of the team that has done more for the team than Pete? Yes we have had great players and 2 other good coaches over the years but none of them have been able to do for the team that Pete has.

If not for Pete we would have no John Schneider, (he helped hire and had to approve the GM) there would be no Sherman, Thomas, Lynch, Wilson, Harvin etc etc. (most he knew from his recruiting days or approved of)

Without Pete we would have no Super Bowl. Pete built the team chemistry, brought in the right coaches, built one of the top defenses of all time. Pete is responsible for a solid winning ethos that we are going to enjoy for at least the next 3 years.

So my opinion is that Pete Carroll is the greatest Seahawk of all time and will, in a few years, be considered one of the top coaches of all time even though he has been far more than just a coach of the Seahawks.

OK what single person in the history of the Seahawks has done more than Pete for the team, the city, the region and ultimately you and me the fans?

themunn

Reaction score
Without Jim Mora sucking so bad we would never have had Pete Carroll

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If we are going that route then its Paul Allen. Saved the team, hired Pete, hired John, built the loudest outdoor stadium in the world.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The single greatest individual in Seahawk history is Paul Allen and I don't think second place is close.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If Paul Allen isn't your choice than your synapses have major leaks.

halfrack

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1osgyxa6 said:
The single greatest individual in Seahawk history is Paul Allen and I don't think second place is close.

Paul Allen is Mr. (and I do mean Mr.) Seahawk. With out him, the team would be the Los Angeles "Bald Behrings"!

seahawksny

Reaction score
halfrack":3d3r1m89 said:
Hawkstorian":3d3r1m89 said:

Paul Allen is Mr. (and I do mean Mr.) Seahawk. With out him, the team would be the Los Angeles "Bald Behrings"!

Or somewhere else by now, since LA cant keep a team

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2hy8js9g said:
If we are going that route then its Paul Allen. Saved the team, hired Pete, hired John, built the loudest outdoor stadium in the world.
Please read my post I said other than Nordstrom (started the team) and Allen (saved the team)

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":d6zmkwbe said:
Please read my post I said other than Nordstrom (started the team) and Allen (saved the team)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
themunn":edt4otwk said:
Without Jim Mora sucking so bad we would never have had Pete Carroll

In that case I'm going with Ken Behring. Without him being the worst owner in the history of sports, the league would have never forced him to sell to Allen.

two dog

Reaction score
Single greatest Seahawk, Paul Allen for sure.
Single greatest Seahawk PLAYER, gotta be Steve Largent. That's not stated as a fact, just a strongly held opinion.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Allen and Nordstrom aside, you make a good argument. Prior to this past year, you could still make solid arguments about how Holmgren's cachet from his Packers success carried over to Seattle and made it a more attractive place to play. You could talk about the level of success he sustained with the team from '03 through '07 - a consistency the Seahawks had never had prior to that point. And he had still accomplished more as Seattle's coach than any other coach in team history.

But then 2013 happened. And we could see it happening so clearly and so quickly. It became clear in mid-to-late 2011 that Carroll and Schneider worked supremely well together, and that they were developing a team that was defensively superior and focused on pushing people around. We hadn't seen those characteristics since the mid 1980s. 2012 took the promise of the 2nd half of 2011 and yoked it to a true franchise QB (even though he was in his formative stages). But once everything clicked and the chemistry was right, damn, did that team take off. It's like this entire franchise feeds off of the energy and will of Carroll. Schneider bought into it completely, and the players seem to have done so, too. Every single person on the team and in the front office is working toward turning Carroll's philosophy into reality... and that's how you win championships.

Carroll did something in 3 years that I didn't think was likely (and maybe not even possible). He completely and utterly changed the culture of the franchse, completely overhauled the roster, and essentially built his vision from the ground up. And when it reached a point where it could be considered close to complete, they went and won the damn SB with it.

So yeah, I'll agree that while Carroll's history with the team has been short thus far, he has already had a greater impact on the team than any non-owner ever has.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
volsunghawk":bhkzueqi said:
Allen and Nordstrom aside, you make a good argument. Prior to this past year, you could still make solid arguments about how Holmgren's cachet from his Packers success carried over to Seattle and made it a more attractive place to play. You could talk about the level of success he sustained with the team from '03 through '07 - a consistency the Seahawks had never had prior to that point. And he had still accomplished more as Seattle's coach than any other coach in team history.

But then 2013 happened. And we could see it happening so clearly and so quickly. It became clear in mid-to-late 2011 that Carroll and Schneider worked supremely well together, and that they were developing a team that was defensively superior and focused on pushing people around. We hadn't seen those characteristics since the mid 1980s. 2012 took the promise of the 2nd half of 2011 and yoked it to a true franchise QB (even though he was in his formative stages). But once everything clicked and the chemistry was right, damn, did that team take off. It's like this entire franchise feeds off of the energy and will of Carroll. Schneider bought into it completely, and the players seem to have done so, too. Every single person on the team and in the front office is working toward turning Carroll's philosophy into reality... and that's how you win championships.

Carroll did something in 3 years that I didn't think was likely (and maybe not even possible). He completely and utterly changed the culture of the franchse, completely overhauled the roster, and essentially built his vision from the ground up. And when it reached a point where it could be considered close to complete, they went and won the damn SB with it.

So yeah, I'll agree that while Carroll's history with the team has been short thus far, he has already had a greater impact on the team than any non-owner ever has.

Thank you, someone who actually read the post before they commented. This is not a Paul Allen Thread. I appreciate what he did. But I am excluding an owner when I talk about the greatest Seahawk. I am talking about someone who "worked" for the team not owned it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
rainger":2akh9f8x said:
Aros":2akh9f8x said:
If Paul Allen isn't your choice than your synapses have major leaks.

Hawkstorian":2akh9f8x said:

Hawknballs":2akh9f8x said:

You can't say someone is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME and then add qualifiers while in the same post deriding those who use qualifiers such as coach or player.

Carroll is the one who took us to the promised land and for that has risen near the top of the list, but if you want a list of greatest seahawks (and not use qualifiers) then you absolutely have to start with the name PAUL ALLEN and work your way down from there.

I do think that would be an interesting off season topic. Along similar lines to Hawkstorian's greatest to wear each number, we could have a greatest at each "position" we could include Owner, Head Coach, Coordinator, Position coach all as positions along with the traditional ones.

suppaball

Reaction score
Eveyone saying Allen forgot to read between the() in the first paragraph. It clearly states ( not counting Nordstam or Allen.). Anyway I agree Pete all the way he is the greatest Seahawk of all time.