The Win Forever Philosophy

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Two things have occurred to me:

#1) As long as the Seahawks have a top 10 Defense (Points Scored >Yards Allowed) this team is going to win 5-8 Home Games every season.

#2) With Russell Wilson and that top 10 Defense the Seahawks are going to be .500 or better on the road.

Which leads me to believe if the Seahawks can continue to replenish and uphold its elite Defensive status and Russell Wilson not only continues to improve with experience but stays relatively healthy the next 10 years are going to be awesome for Seahawk fans.

At worst, I see 9-7/10-6 seasons eve with bad injury situations... we had bad injury /suspension luck last year but still managed to win 13 games despite playing in the tougher Conference in the toughest Division and being the 4th youngest team in the NFL.

At best, I see amazing 14-2, 15-1 runs and perhaps a 5% to run the table if all the pieces of the puzzles are primed and fitted.

And at an average, you're looking at teams that will win 11-13 games every regular season.

So far Wilson led + Top 10 Defensed teams have posted 11 wins in 2012, and 13 wins in 2013 + another 4 wins in the Play-Offs.

I'm not going to say Dynasty, but in the very least we will be the 2000's Colts playing in the Play-Offs every year , and at best obviously the 2000's Patriots playing in multiple Superbowls and winning a couple.

GO HAWKS.

Brahn

Reaction score
Dynasty, Is the show M Rob is going to be on next.

chrispy

Reaction score
The piece you're missing here is the competition.

The D in AZ and St Louis may become fairly elite within a short period of time. SF is already there but who knows how they come out of this offseason. Hawks are obviously on top today, but two of those teams have 10+ picks in the draft and only a few missing pieces. If they can hit on 2/10ths or more, they'll be considerably better.

I think the Hawks will be great for a long time. That doesn't, however, mean that we can count on the relatively weak divisions of the 9rs, Cowboys, or Pats in their respective runs.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Maybe it's the Seattle fan in me, but I'm not going to prognosticate on future success. I'm just going to enjoy the current state of affairs. We are Super Bowl Champs, and for right now, that's enough. :D

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'm not saying anything other than with Russell Wilson running the show + maintaining a top 10 D, I don't think we will ever see an 8-8 season or worst for a very long time.

With Hass and Holmgren we had that 5 year run of winning seasons (9-7 or better) from '03 - '07.

I think the current team has a great chance to be successful through a decade from '12 to '21 if the the talent and relative health is maintain.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":ibtxupv7 said:
Two things have occurred to me:

#1) As long as the Seahawks have a top 10 Defense (Points Scored >Yards Allowed) this team is going to win 5-8 Home Games every season.

#2) With Russell Wilson and that top 10 Defense the Seahawks are going to be .500 or better on the road.

Which leads me to believe if the Seahawks can continue to replenish and uphold its elite Defensive status and Russell Wilson not only continues to improve with experience but stays relatively healthy the next 10 years are going to be awesome for Seahawk fans.

At worst, I see 9-7/10-6 seasons eve with bad injury situations... we had bad injury /suspension luck last year but still managed to win 13 games despite playing in the tougher Conference in the toughest Division and being the 4th youngest team in the NFL.

At best, I see amazing 14-2, 15-1 runs and perhaps a 5% to run the table if all the pieces of the puzzles are primed and fitted.

And at an average, you're looking at teams that will win 11-13 games every regular season.

So far Wilson led + Top 10 Defensed teams have posted 11 wins in 2012, and 13 wins in 2013 + another 4 wins in the Play-Offs.

I'm not going to say Dynasty, but in the very least we will be the 2000's Colts playing in the Play-Offs every year , and at best obviously the 2000's Patriots playing in multiple Superbowls and winning a couple.

GO HAWKS.

Would love if this were the case. Lord knows us long time fans deserve a franchise like that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
When Pete was at USC spouting all the "Win Forever" mumbo jumbo, I used to just roll my eyes and chalked it up to rah rah BS-speak.

But now that I've seen it up and close, it is a tangible thing. He has installed a complete football winning system of recruiting/drafting certain types of players that fit into his "we're going to be the biggest, fastest and most physically motivated" team on the field each and every Sunday. That's how he runs his practices and that's what he expects out of each and every member of the organization, from his GM down to the guy who mows the lawn.

kearly

Reaction score
Right now the Seahawks are well on their way to being one of the best teams in the history of the league. Very few teams have ever posted #1 DVOA in back to back seasons while also being among the league's youngest teams. Saying they are dynasty caliber is more than fair. This team is almost a mirror image of that early 80s 49ers team, a team that won five championships over a 13 year period.