SB XLVIII DVD/Bluray worth it?

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I was gonna break down and buy one the other day, but a lot of the reviews on the nfl.com site complain about how the video quality is bad, there is no full game video, pretty much an entire season of Seahawks SoundFX.

I know quite a few of you guys have it. What are your guys thoughts?

tia

Basis4day

Reaction score
The dvd is only 16 bucks on amazon (22 for blu ray). You're correct. It's a season retrospective ala sound FX, not full games. Not having full games seems like a strange thing for reviewers to complain about as it was never advertised that way.

DVD/Blue Ray containing Playoff games and SB comes out in June.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
It's worth it, because we waited so long to finally have the team featured in the SB champs video. I bought it solely for that purpose. And it's not bad - you'll smile all the way through.

BeaHUman

Reaction score
I received a copy for my B-day. It isn't detailed but it is SeaHawks football from end to end and as noted, bound to make you smile.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ugh, ordered mine plus theJune release one from Amazon and accidentally clicked "ship together" so I won't be seeing it until June.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":2sx2btzv said:
Ugh, ordered mine plus theJune release one from Amazon and accidentally clicked "ship together" so I won't be seeing it until June.
Pretty sure Amazon's customer service can fix that for you in a jiffy; or just cancel your order and re-order them.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It's a great video to have. You'll watch it years down the line to remember some great moments from this season.

hawk45

Reaction score
More of a casual fan video, a lot of shots of the ball spiraling through the air or RB close-ups where you can't tell at all what the actual play was or how it unfolded. Kitchy sideline chatter. The Youtube higlight video is far, far superior in that there's more than 1 play per game with the broadcast angle where you can actually watch the play unfold.

I bought it and I don't necessarily regret it, but I definitely was unimpressed and disappointed. If there's a better and more detailed one coming in June this one can easily be skipped.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
its a nice little encapsulation of the season.

There were some grainy video bits but overall i dunno what there is to complain about, its the official video of your team winning the damn superbowl in HD for 20 bucks not sure what else to expect.

Cartire

Reaction score
tleise32":k6kwsaa0 said:
Cartire":k6kwsaa0 said:
It's good.

This is way better and free... http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92201

YES it is , AWESOME! use a site like ********** to download a HD copy !! burn it to a disc if you want.

Dude, no no no no. Don't link those sites here. Against forum rules. I would edit it yourself before a mod does.

EDIT: oh I think you meant .NET

The .com version is a ad spiral from a gone site.

The .net site should be ok, I think

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Of course it's worth it.

It's a SB DVD...........of our team....................winning.....................by a LOT............beating the holy crap out of Peyton Manning...........in HD................on Blu Ray.

Did I mention it's our team!

pmedic920

Reaction score
How is this even a question?

Thee Seattle friggin Seahawks WON the Super Bowl. This is the commemorative DVD. EVEN if it does suck, you must have a copy. It's 20 bucks for crying out loud.

tleise32

Reaction score
Cartire":lvyqry3f said:
tleise32":lvyqry3f said:
Cartire":lvyqry3f said:
It's good.

This is way better and free... http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92201

YES it is , AWESOME! use a site like ********** to download a HD copy !! burn it to a disc if you want.

Dude, no no no no. Don't link those sites here. Against forum rules. I would edit it yourself before a mod does.

EDIT: oh I think you meant .NET

The .com version is a ad spiral from a gone site.

The .net site should be ok, I think

okay thanks sorry didnt realize so i changed it. i did use the .net not .com my bad, but yeah i recommend doing that because almost all of the cool seahawks vids on youtube get pulled. get a mp4 of it while you can.

tleise32

Reaction score
so what is the point or purpose of the dvd? its to remember and commerate the year. IMO you DO NOT need to be mindless and just buy it just because. That youtube video linked from the other thread is A M A Z I N G, it shows tv highlights of every game. This is awesome to me because i can remember how i felt for like every game because its the same footage I watched when it was live. i guess one could have both.

tleise32

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3g1ksfn2 said:
Pirating it? Really? Come on, it's worth the $22.....

we werent talking about pirating the dvd, we were talking about a serperate waay super awesome video on youtube... i was mentioning downloading that, again not the dvd. this is a video that a fanboy put together from highlights from the tv feed with some music. its frikkin sweet and in HD