I'm moving to Port Townsend need Gameday travel tips

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Just bought a house in Port Townsend and I am a season ticket holder so I need some idea's on what is the best, cheapest, way to get to the game. I know that a few of you live across the water so any tips would be much appreciated. We have already looked into a few things but was also wondering if there was any type of charter shuttles from out that way. Thanks!

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Only one way and that is go across the hood canal bridge and go to Bainbridge Island (Bremerton to far out of the way) and park. Walk on the ferry and hike over to the game. My family lives in Sequim and they are season ticket holders. They love the experience of the ferry and such. A lot of fans on the ferry before and after. I went to PT High School for a year. Just was in town. Nice place.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The Ferry to Whidbey isn't too bad. But then you have to drive a bit just to get to I-5. Long way regardless.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
twelthmanfan":2j6z25qt said:
Only one way and that is go across the hood canal bridge and go to Bainbridge Island (Bremerton to far out of the way) and park. Walk on the ferry and hike over to the game. My family lives in Sequim and they are season ticket holders. They love the experience of the ferry and such. A lot of fans on the ferry before and after. I went to PT High School for a year. Just was in town. Nice place.
Yep, I lived in both Port Townsend, and Poulsbo, and you are correct...The walk to C-Link from the ferry is a short jaunt, but that ferry ride home (especially after a win) is icing on the cake.

OP
OP
I

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Is making it on the ferry in the morning a big deal? I mean, as in do you have to get there very early in order to get a parking spot before you walk on or is there plenty of parking at Bainbridge Island?

jman316

Reaction score
Not a big deal, I've been doing it for 12 years. Coming from Chimacum we usually catch a 9:40 boat for a 1pm game and watch most of the early games at a pub before sauntering to the Clink. Game day is an ENTIRE day's worth with travel and we usually get home in time for the second half of SNF.

Latest posts