Report: Seahawks at Niners on Thanksgiving Night

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
@patmayo 2h
Other #Seahawks news. They will travel to San Fran for a thanksgiving night game. #49ers

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Ugh, a Thursday night away game in SF? Lame. Couldn't have picked a tougher game for a short week.

Although it is probably the hardest game on the schedule anyway, so you may as well double up instead of having to play somewhere else on a short week and making another game more difficult.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Always go there on a short week, and lose a close one. Two years ago it was a Thursday, this past season after a Monday nighter.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Been predicting this for weeks. The prime-time Thanksgiving game has been a rivalry game since they created the tripleheader. Makes a ton of sense.

Would suspect the Sea/SF one at the Clink will be a FOX National Game

Polaris

Reaction score
Is anyone suprised? Maybe it's my ingrained 'hawk paranoia, but I think the league schedulers will (and have) done everything they can to try to insure the 49ners at least win their home games against us.

Come on...thurs, short week.....seems obvious enough. The 'hawks will simply have to be better than all that (and I think they will be)

Polaris

Reaction score
bryantology79":2fbbt0pl said:
great, its gonna be impossible to eat this Thanksgiving

Which will get more turkey thrown at it this year I wonder....our mouths or our TV screens?

GCrow

Reaction score
Damn, Thanksgiving could be a good one in my house this year.

Cowboys - Eagles earlier game, with my old man a 'Boys fan and Brother a Philly guy. Might need to take the day off work...

(Canadian, BTW)

NorCal

Reaction score
Polaris":357rmhu9 said:
Is anyone suprised? Maybe it's my ingrained 'hawk paranoia, but I think the league schedulers will (and have) done everything they can to try to insure the 49ners at least win their home games against us.

Come on...thurs, short week.....seems obvious enough. The 'hawks will simply have to be better than all that (and I think they will be)

Rumor is also that SF plays @OAK the week in between the two SF-SEA games. Helps SF bc they don't have to really travel, but if true, I don't like the SF-SEA games being in a three week span.

@RosenbergMerc: Also just out: #49ers will play Raiders in Oakland Dec. 7 between Seahawks games: Nov. 27 at Levi's, Dec. 14 in Seattle

ASuperForce

Reaction score
bryantology79":39q7s682 said:
great, its gonna be impossible to eat this Thanksgiving
Nah, more like: eat before game, vomit at kick-off, re-eat afterwards when calm is restored.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Looks like we're flying to SF four days after hosting AZ. Tough back-to-back.

kearly

Reaction score
I think our schedule is very favorable other than the four days rest at SF part, which IMO is an inexcusable decision by the league. I'm not the biggest fan of Thursday night football in general because of the disproportionate extra advantage it gives to the home team, but at the very least they could avoid using Thursday for the 2014 seasons most important football game.