Scot McLoughan resigns

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Damn!

"@CHawksExaminer: #Seahawks personnel exec Scot McCloughan has resigned to tend to a family matter, per @JasonLaCanfora."

Sherminator

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2ul38dcv said:
Damn!

"@CHawksExaminer: #Seahawks personnel exec Scot McCloughan has resigned to tend to a family matter, per @JasonLaCanfora."

There was a similar rumor going around back when he was with the niners...
I don't know if I believe this yet

drdiags

Reaction score
Man, today is full of surprises. Best of luck to Scot. A couple weeks before the draft. A little shorter window than when he left the 9ers prior to their draft back a few years ago. Hope he isn't fighting demons.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drdiags":2sso71ax said:
Man, today is full of surprises. Best of luck to Scot. A couple weeks before the draft. A little shorter window than when he left the 9ers prior to their draft back a few years ago. Hope he isn't fighting demons.

Hope not either...he's a hell of a personnel guy

Sherminator

Reaction score
drdiags":362my5u5 said:

I'm hoping this is the case as well, there were "claims" back when he was a Niner that he struggled with alcohol...
I don't know the truth nor do I want to start any rumors but I hope that has nothing to do with this

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wow tough day for the hawks.

Definitely don't like seeing this.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This is probably a fairly big deal? Ive never really heard much about him, other than 'he is an awesome personnel guy'.

La Canfora says he is going to head up an independent scouting service while tending to his family matters. Seems like this is about money? Though just earlier this year he turned down an opportunity for more money with the dolphins so who knows.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sherminator":udwqj1xt said:
drdiags":udwqj1xt said:

I'm hoping this is the case as well, there were "claims" back when he was a Niner that he struggled with alcohol...
I don't know the truth nor do I want to start any rumors but I hope that has nothing to do with this

Scot seems like a decent fellow. I remember reading the story about him when he was on the road scouting for the hawks after he left the 9ers organization and was talking with pride about Frank Gore and the 9er's play the year they lost to the Giants in the NFCCG. He was genuinely proud of those guys. Something he had a hand in building. I think he has helped John Schneider here as well. Sounds like he will be forming a private scouting firm while he deals with his family issues.

Football is a demanding business for coaches, players and FO personnel. You have to dedicate a lot to the sport to be successful. Hope it works out for him.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its not that bad. Seahawks have a talented scouting department... and JS is arguably elite in this quality.

We lost something but not everything.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Interesting that they announce all this news on the day the schedule is released. I'm sure they're not the only team doing it this way.

jake206

Reaction score
*Hope he charges extra to 9ers.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 26m
McCloughan intends to organize his own independent scouting service, while working from home as he tends to his family matter

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
What's to stop him from sharing all of his (our) notes for this draft class? That could suck, also.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2q2vev7k said:
What's to stop him from sharing all of his (our) notes for this draft class? That could suck, also.

Trade secrets law would prevent him from doing that.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1hiwujk9 said:
Coug_Hawk08":1hiwujk9 said:

HA, HA HA, HA

hawknation2014

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3iqnb8yk said:
hawknation2014":3iqnb8yk said:
Coug_Hawk08":3iqnb8yk said:

HA, HA HA, HA

Trade secrets law . . . and professionalism, and ethics.