Sherman: "The only way people show respect is the dollars."

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would rather lose Sherman than Earl.

And I disagree with his assessment.

Either way, I am really hoping we get Earl's deal done because while I know they are not mutually exclusive - Earl's deal is more important.

Donk70

Reaction score
Wish Sherman would just shut up and play football. One of these days all of it's going to bite him in the ass.

Throwdown

Reaction score
What was so wrong with what he said? Its true. The money amount they give offer or give is a direct showing of how much they value/respect a player.

And Sherman deserves a lot of respect.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I think he's handling this the right way by showing up to Phase One ready to compete.

Rather than say he must be the highest paid corner in the game, he simply deferred to the Seahawks' discretion. That was a smart on his part.

His real quote was actually, "the only way people show respect [in this game] is the dollars signs."

Passepartout

Reaction score
BTW, Sherman made the top influential Time list of 100 people for 2014. As really a huge compliment. Say what you will about him. But yes, pay him!

chris98251

Reaction score
Dollars and length of contract in my mind, he can get his payday both ways, one way handicap the team, the other way he has a long career in one place and gets paid over the length of his career as well. I guess we will see, we knew this contract would be the hardest to get done anyway. High profile guy with the skills to back up his talk.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Passepartout":1yn5fu6a said:
BTW, Sherman made the top influential Time list of 100 people for 2014. As really a huge compliment. Say what you will about him. But yes, pay him!

Lol how are they gauging influence? Twitter followers? How loud you can shout on television?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You know who else talked about the money and its importance? Michael Bennett.

The person who talked about selflessness? Golden Tate.

Sherman's right on here.

Exittium

Reaction score
I'm more amazed at people whining or complaining.... how about we just be thankful we have him and no one else. And I have no doubt we'll end up locking ET to. Just because it's not in the order some of you want "shrug" idk so far all I've seen this off season is crap attitude by people.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Fans' worrying about contracts is so stupid. Just let the front office deal with it. And that goes for sports radio hosts too, who spend far too much time spent on bringing on some expert like Clayton and asking him, "What do you thing so-and-so will be paid when his contract comes up in two years?" I mean and it's not exactly entertaining radio.

A

Anonymous

Not sure if anybody posted the link to the TIME thing, but here it is:

http://time.com/70891/richard-sherman-2014-time-100/

As long as Sherm ends up being the highest paid corner when the season begins, all will be well according to him. I don't think it will take much more than the #2 either. If Revis gets 12m and Shoeless Dick gets 12.5m, that's probably all it would take.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3pawnx3z said:
Passepartout":3pawnx3z said:

Lol how are they gauging influence? Twitter followers? How loud you can shout on television?

Impact and zeitgeist. Political, economic, and/or cultural impact/buzz is how they measure it. Sherman bashers might not like it, but he's a cultural figure now. Deal with it. 8)

GCrow

Reaction score
Sherm pretty soon;

money-throw.gif