Getting trolled in real life feels so good...

chawx

Reaction score
Like many of you, for years and years, I have been wearing Seahawks gear around town and today was no different. I was sporting my Russell Wilson Wolf Grey #3 jersey and my blue SB XLVIII hat, and "it" finally happened, someone actually took notice.

You see, I'm a displaced Seahawks fan. I don't live up Seattle, or in the Northwest, nor in an NFL town. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and normally I'd never get noticed, all you see around here are Broncos fans, SF fans, Cowboy fans, and some Steelers fans. Lately, I've been running into more and more Hawks fans, for example, I went to a birthday party at a place called "Boondocks" (...it's kinda like a Chuck E. Cheese without the weird robot animals) anyway a bunch of moms, dads, and kids, were sporting Hawks gear. It was awesome!

Sorry, I digress...

The point of my story is, today, on a short 5 minute walk over to a local Pho place to get some delicious noodles and meat, some random dude in a silver Nissan XTerra yells, "F*@# THE SEAHAWKS!" as he drives past. I literally had never been "heckled" in that kind of way and had about 2-3 seconds to respond...So, I just did the first thing I could do: I smiled real big, threw up a thumbs up, and said, "YEAH! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS BABY!"

Almost instantly in my head, I was like, "what was that? 'Super Bowl Champs Baby'? That's the best you could think of?" I could have said a bunch of things... I could have fired back with any number of insults.

But, the more I thought about it, the more I thought my instant reaction was perfect for that troll.

Here's how it had to have gone down for him....

(Drive drive drive) *spots me in the distance wearing a #3 Seahawks jersey* His mind goes, "Oh, I HATE THE Seahawks so much! I'mma let this guy know it! ... I'm going to tell him F#$@ the SEAHAWKS! He he he that'll show him..." *gets up to me* Yells "F#$@ the SEAHAWKS!" ...then my reaction: "Yeah, Super Bowl Champs baby!" ... (drive drive drive) ...get's home:
81968-Lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-4qKE.png

Anyway, just wanted to share. Mods, you can move, delete, or whatever...

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
chawx":w9h4imqn said:
The point of my story is, today, on a short 5 minute walk over to a local Pho place to get some delicious noodles and meat, some random dude in a silver Nissan XTerra yells, "F*@# THE SEAHAWKS!" as he drives past. I literally had never been "heckled" in that kind of way and had about 2-3 seconds to respond...So, I just did the first thing I could do: I smiled real big, threw up a thumbs up, and said, "YEAH! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS BABY!"

Attachment

Also I think your response was perfect, nice work! :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
I've had the same exact thing happen to me before, except it was for wearing UW gear. I think it's awesome. The one time I actually enjoy it when someone is rude to me. As an older brother myself, I interpret it as a form of brotherly love.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Perfect! Even if he was stopped...what can he say after that?

suppaball

Reaction score
Yea about a week ago I was talking to a coworker and this broncos fan comes up, we chated. Then he took notice of my hawks hat, without a word he just flips me off. So I smiled and said Go Hawks! It was great.

JustinCredible

Reaction score
Ha...you should hear all the heckling I get wearing my Seahawks stuff in Wisconsin. Ever since the Fail Mary game people just became angry towards the Seahawks around here. That game was epic for me on social media that night. It was a riot being so overjoyed by the win while at the same time having all of my friends losing their minds on facebook. I laughed a lot that night....and lost a lot of 'friends'. Haha.

I also thoroughly enjoyed everyone around here wanting Peyton Manning to 'light them up' and 'put them in their place' and 'shut Richard Sherman's mouth.' It is kind of enjoyable being a lone fan in enemy territory.

Needless to say I am really looking forward to week 1 this season.

Riley12

Reaction score
I am heading to Sacramento for a conference this summer. I am already stockpiling various shirts for kinda-sorta Niner country.
I might laminate my "Immaculate Reception" posters and just wear them as a sandwich board the whole time I am down there.

During the Broncos game, I'm sure I'll say "43 to 8" more than a few times.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I didn't know exactly where to post this. But, this thread probably works.

I ran into a Niners fan a couple of days ago, fully decked out wearing his Vernon Davis jersey. He wasn't rude to me, but he noticed me wearing a Seahawks shirt. He and someone with him started pointing at me and smiling. His comments to me were somewhat under his breath and more said something about "next year." I responded, "You know, that will be fun. The Seahawks might actually be even better than they were last year." I also mentioned how JH really stuck his foot in his mouth popping off about Seahawks players for stealing donuts, etc. and then pointed out all the arrests of Niners players. It was all fairly light-hearted and we both said some things with smiles. Pretty harmless. I love seeing SF fans have to deal with it, though.

But then he said something that made me think... you can't be serious. I brought up how the NFC West has gone from the worst to the best. He didn't even realize SF and Seattle were in the same division. He was a younger kid (in his 20's, I guess) and perhaps not as knowledgeable about the NFL as his affection for his favorite team. Still, that was so surprising. I hadn't run into that before. He wasn't putting me on, either. I must have did a double take, but realized he seriously had no idea. Crazy. Besides harmless ignorance, the only thing I could figure it that perhaps he was a bit sauced or otherwise altered. If so, it wasn't plainly obvious.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It was pretty much the opposite for me.

I was just in Austin for a week and everywhere I went people came up to me to tell me how amazing the Seahawks were. Which is weird, considering I am just a fan - the guys they should be congratulating are JS and Pete. All just because I chose to wear a Seahawk hat.

I even had several Denver fans wave me over to tell me how great they thought the Hawks were. I met a lot of really cool Denver fans.

In fact, it was only a few Green Bay fans that I met in an elevator that had anything bad to say about the Hawks at all. Apparently they were still upset about that silly other game, the one that did not hurt their standings in the playoffs that year either way. I made my point and we all finally agreed that maybe it was a mixed blessing since we got the normal refs back after that game (even though according to the rules even the best ref would have had to rule that one a TD).

(Sidenote: There were a LOT of Seattle people in Austin. I actually met more people from Seattle than Texas when I was there but it still does not change the fact that almost every football fan from another team that I met was really impressed with the Seahawks as a team).

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Love your story. I travel a lot and am based out of KC now. I was flying back from MN through Chicago the other day. Like you guys I always have my Hawks gear on and a big SB Champs sticker on my MacBook for all to see. Anyway I was getting off the plane the other day and one of the flight attendants up by the cockpit was staring at me. I always try to be friendly so I was smiling and saying thanks to all the other flight attendants. This guy as I walk by just says, "I hate the Seahawks!!" Like you I had no time to think so I smiled and said, "Sucks to be you. Hawks rule!" I wasn't sure that was the nicest thing but hey you gonna troll in real life you never know what you gonna get:)

The nice thing about KC is that despite the many Broncs fans the Chiefs fans hate the Broncs so it has been fun since most seem to love we whomped em.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Ha. My child and I in matching Wilson shertzies the other day had some guys talking smack to say Wilson's numbers would be so down next year. Then chatting about how awesome Rogers was....all this in Hamilton, Ontario....puleeez...

253hawk

Reaction score
I guess living well really is the best revenge.

Seattle has underachieved for years and been one of those teams that the rest of the country never really pays attention to, so fans of other teams really don't know how to process the fact that they straight up manhandled several of the best teams in the league all the way to a championship.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Kind of a anti-troll experience I guess.

My wife and I are currently RV-ing in the south, north Georgia to be exact. The other day a couple about our age pulled their rig a couple spaces down from us that were from Colorado. I was out walking and as I passed by we struck up a conversation. They said where they from in Colorado and I told them that we had just sold our home near Seattle and were on the road full time now. But I got the feeling that the last part of my sentence was not heard. As soon as I said Seattle they both, especially the wife, got long in the face and began shaking their heads. Not in a disrespect kind of way but more in disbelief in what happened to their Broncos. I brought back painful memories I think. She went on about how shocked and horrified they were while watching the game. He told me that he was pretty sure millions of dollars inside the state was lost on that game. To help ease their pain I admitted that I had not saw that beat down coming either. I kinda felt sorry for them to be honest, but that is better than being sorry for my Hawks. They were nice so I didn't rag on them.

253hawk

Reaction score
They must be new fans if they were shocked. Did they not remember 1987, 1988 and 1990? They were the Buffalo Bills before the Buffalo Bills and would be 0-7 in SB's if not for Terrell Davis.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love hearing the stories from around the country. To add my own, I was on vacation last year in Palm Springs, wearing my Seahawks gear as per usual. I walked up to this shop and this younger guy was all decked out in 49ers gear. I remember it was friendly banter, and it ended with him saying, "Man, I wish we had Russell Wilson."

Prophetic indeed!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
JustinCredible":3t5hjpv7 said:
Ha...you should hear all the heckling I get wearing my Seahawks stuff in Wisconsin. Ever since the Fail Mary game people just became angry towards the Seahawks around here. That game was epic for me on social media that night. It was a riot being so overjoyed by the win while at the same time having all of my friends losing their minds on facebook. I laughed a lot that night....and lost a lot of 'friends'. Haha.

I also thoroughly enjoyed everyone around here wanting Peyton Manning to 'light them up' and 'put them in their place' and 'shut Richard Sherman's mouth.' It is kind of enjoyable being a lone fan in enemy territory.

Needless to say I am really looking forward to week 1 this season.

That game has to be one of my top Seahawk games of all time. Im also a vikings fan and to see the ammount of total whining on a grand scale by Packer fans was EPIC. Packers had been getting special treatment by the normal refs for YEARS when Favre was the QB and even after that and their one superbowl season was aided on a BS call against the Vikings which had they lost that game they wouldnt of even been in the playoffs.

In pretty much every single Packers vs Vikings game until just this last season or two the Vikings would get jobbed one way or another on BS calls with Allen getting held damn near every play.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Good stuff. I just returned from a NY/NJ vacation (wife has family in Jersey where we stayed for free before anyone questions vacationing in NJ). We did the touristy Statue of Liberty thing -- wife, son and I all decked out in 'Hawk gear. Only disparaging thing I heard was from the Jersey Girl that playfully said, "Seahawk fans to the back" while we were boarding the ferry to Ellis Island.
That was canceled out, however, once we got to the island and I was high-fived by a fellow 'Hawk fan that flashed me his Seahawk phone case.

Edit: I just laughed at her comment, which caught me off guard. Too much time had passed before a response like, "Don't make me go all Rosa Parks on you" entered my head.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I have 2 cousins that are Raiders fans and they've been trying to troll me all Spring. My standard response: "Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks". Ends the trolling immediately because it is FACT.