Saw Earl Thomas today/tonight.

671hawk

Reaction score
My family and I are spending the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge. Leaving the pool I see this massive tatted dude. I look up and it's Earl!

I've seen him several times today already. My wife has stopped me three times already from asking for a picture because he's with his little girl and family. I understand and respect his family time but it's hard not to get so giddy. My wife thinks I'm stalking him. She doesn't understand the feeling of paying thousands of dollars to watch him run around as a little blue man at the Clink. Walking shoulder to shoulder with him and not acknowledging him drives me nuts.

Wierd thing is no one else is bothering him either or no one else knows who he is.

Just wanted to share my experience, the off season is slow and the draft can't get here soon enough.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I saw him in a restaurant lobby downtown during the season, and I just said "LOB" loud enough that he could only hear, he turned, smiled and gave me the "L" with his hand.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
671hawk":138mxgd6 said:
My family and I are spending the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge. Leaving the pool I see this massive tatted dude. I look up and it's Earl!

I've seen him several times today already. My wife has stopped me three times already from asking for a picture because he's with his little girl and family. I understand and respect his family time but it's hard not to get so giddy. My wife thinks I'm stalking him. She doesn't understand the feeling of paying thousands of dollars to watch him run around as a little blue man at the Clink. Walking shoulder to shoulder with him and not acknowledging him drives me nuts.

Wierd thing is no one else is bothering him either or no one else knows who he is.

Just wanted to share my experience, the off season is slow and the draft can't get here soon enough.
Why don't you buy him a soda and ask if he'd mind to have his picture taken with his little girl?

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
671hawk":2adli9qd said:
My wife thinks I'm stalking him

It's all about exposing the spouses to their womb-runners.

I snapped a shot of the old lady with Clooney when they were filming the Descendents on Kauai.

I could spend the rest of my life stalking Kelly Herndon and she'd understand.

theascension

Reaction score
It's not like he doesn't like recognition. Haven't you see his free safety advice video? I'd say something simple, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah man, it's all about tact. There's ways to approach him without him getting upset I'm sure. Just be cool, don't make a scene, and I'm sure you can get a handshake and a quick chat out of it and if you really play it cool maybe a photo.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I've never heard Thomas referred to as massive but that's cool as hell

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
671hawk":51ndwo9x said:

Just smile and nod and keeping walking, that way you get your point across without disturbing him or his family.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Living in London I get to see quite a few celebs. The few that I care about meeting I just walk up to and be respectful of their situation. I'm a massive Game of Thrones fan and saw Alfie Allen in a train station in London so I just went over said Hi and that I was big fan and could I have a picture. I find if you arent causing hassle most are happy to chat and say hello / have a quick snap. As I say just be respectful of the situation, if they are busy then leave well alone.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2kdz1n4r said:
Living in London I get to see quite a few celebs. The few that I care about meeting I just walk up to and be respectful of their situation. I'm a massive Game of Thrones fan and saw Alfie Allen in a train station in London so I just went over said Hi and that I was big fan and could I have a picture. I find if you arent causing hassle most are happy to chat and say hello / have a quick snap. As I say just be respectful of the situation, if they are busy then leave well alone.

And don't ask if he's a method actor...if you know what I mean.

OP
OP

671hawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1yj00e5n said:
I've never heard Thomas referred to as massive but that's cool as hell

He's not tall but he is thick and ripped. Massive compared to me at least. In a water park filled with middle aged outta shape dads with bellies popping out of thier swim shorts, he sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm gunna run a little this morning in the gym and maybe hope to run into him there. Haha, guess I am stalking him.

A

Anonymous

Once you do break the ice, remain calm, you don't him want to call security on you. :mrgreen:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If you acknowledge him without being obnoxious those guys usually don't mind. Just make a comment or two and let him go.

A

Anonymous

HawkFan72":32cwtixk said:
If you acknowledge him without being obnoxious those guys usually don't mind. Just make a comment or two and let him go.

What 72 just said...

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3oqyfggx said:
HawkFan72":3oqyfggx said:

What 72 just said...
Simple and short works.
Bruce Irvin shops at my grocery store. I almost didn't recognize him as he shaved the dreads. Luckily he's so tall and was wearing his WV gear. A simple "nice work this year" was fine and he returned with "thanks for the support".
I don't even bother with the photos even when Big Lo got me into the family area after a game. Earl's little girl was running around the family area. She's cute.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Once you break the ice will you please real quickly ask him how the contract negotiations are going?....................I'm kidding..................sort of. :D

A

Anonymous

He played like a man possessed in the last NO game.

Tell him this:
"Hey ET, I don't want to bother you while you're out here, but I gotta tell you something": (look both ways like you're trying to be descreet) "We made up a drinking game at the beginning of the playoff game with the Saints". "Every time you made a hit on the ball-carrier, everybody has to take a drink. By the end of the game we were all so wasted, we had to call a taxi".

Then say... "Hey... safety first!". give him a fist bump, then roll.

Piece of cake.