It will be really hard for Seattle to repeat . . .

Dismas

Reaction score
I see that posited all the time, and my only thought in reply to that statement is:

Hmmm, I am pretty sure Seattle is the ONLY team in the NGL with any chance at ALL of repeating!

Eat a bowl of _____ media guys, of course it will be difficult, but there is only one team that gets to try.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nice way of looking at it. Seriously if there is any team that could be the Anti-Buffalo it would be the Seattle Seahawks. Pete has built an organization that literally lives to beat you down worse everytime it's made more impossible by the usual metrics that are used. Outsiders have no clue about what is about to happen in the next 5 years except to call it historical when it's done.

Example 1: The 2014 schedule, it looks horrible right? Yet in reality it plays to our strengths a

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nice way of looking at it. Seriously if there is any team that could be the Anti-Buffalo it would be the Seattle Seahawks. Pete has built an organization that literally lives to beat you down worse everytime it's made more impossible by the usual metrics are used. Outsiders have no clue about what is about to happen in the next 5 years except to call it historical when it's done.

dradee

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":31yqcjvn said:
Nice way of looking at it. Seriously if there is any team that could be the Anti-Buffalo it would be the Seattle Seahawks. Pete has built an organization that literally lives to beat you down worse everytime it's made more impossible by the usual metrics are used. Outsiders have no clue about what is about to happen in the next 5 years except to call it historical when it's done.

I don`t know why but I like you!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
That's creepy.

The way I understand this... Seahawks were a 16-3 team last season and won the Superbowl.

You would have never known on the outside looking in how much the Seahawks struggled through growing pains and poor chemistry but a certain injury adversity that a majority of other teams would have collasped in our division and schedule.

Yet the Seahawks were in every game, in all three losses they were within 7 points and held the tie or the lead in the 4th Qtr.

Just the amount of talent and how competitive the Seahawks were despite being the 4th youngest team and also having to rely on that youth because a barrage of injuries was just an outstanding job of coaching.

I would even argue that 2013's injury/suspension situation was worst than 2011's injury situation.

Yet, this team came together, never gave in, never gave up, and became the ultimate Champions.

If the 2013 team had the 2012's team injury luck... without a doubt I believe the Seahawks would've been a 15-1, 16-0 team...

So, if the Seahawks can stay healthy in 2014 and the young guys step up in their progression, I still see a 12+ win team despite a brutal schedule.

And even if the Seahawks run into bad luck and injuries and only make the 6th Seed... They have what it takes to win all 4 games on the Road to another Superbowl berth.

So to me this season isn't about #1 Seed or nothing, its about surviving the schedule, getter better each day forward, making the play-offs, and ensuring that every inexperienced to experienced player is ready and primed for the games that count. Seahawks don't need HFA to win a Superbowl.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Dismas":1pglmzbo said:
I see that posited all the time, and my only thought in reply to that statement is:

Hmmm, I am pretty sure Seattle is the ONLY team in the NGL with any chance at ALL of repeating!

Eat a bowl of _____ media guys, of course it will be difficult, but there is only one team that gets to try.

Translation:

Generic Person: "It will be really hard for Seattle to repeat"
Dismas: "I agree"

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Dismas":2hj29io8 said:

"NGL?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

sutz

Reaction score
If it was easy, more teams would have done it. I like the thought process that gets to "We're the only team that can repeat this year." Sure, I'm a homer, but this team has a very 70's Steelers vibe to it. Could we win 4 of the next 6 SBs? Possibly.

TXHawk

Reaction score
The Super Bowl was only the third game the Seahawks had played in five weeks and that allowed them to become the healthiest they had been all season. The OL looked strong, Wilson's banged up left shoulder healed up enough that he looked sharper than he had in weeks, and Percy Harvin was fully healthy and wreaking havoc.

The Super Bowl was what a healthy Seahawks team looks like. I believe that injuries are the only thing that might prevent them from repeating.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
dradee":3sovvzmh said:
MizzouHawkGal":3sovvzmh said:

I don`t know why but I LOVE you!

Come on man.. Tell her how you really feel.

sutz

Reaction score
TXHawk":3ojq31jj said:
The Super Bowl was only the third game the Seahawks had played in five weeks and that allowed them to become the healthiest they had been all season. The OL looked strong, Wilson's banged up left shoulder healed up enough that he looked sharper than he had in weeks, and Percy Harvin was fully healthy and wreaking havoc.

The Super Bowl was what a healthy Seahawks team looks like. I believe that injuries are the only thing that might prevent them from repeating.
All true, but the Donkeys D was highly suspect going into that game, too. Partly because of injury, partly because they played in the AFC all season. They hadn't really stopped anybody all year. Our O was flying under the radar that Sunday and SB48 was their coming out party. Now all those teams that were worried about our D are now saying: "Oh, 5h!t, they have an offense, too?" ;)

Erebus

Reaction score
Its plain as day that we are the best team in the league and will probably repeat, so the talking heads have to play down our chances so they can maintain other fan bases' interest. They don't want fans to lose hope before the season starts.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We are the best with more experience,sure we lost some guys but gained others..The only way we don't have a chance is by injuries which happened a lot last year anyway..I like our chances

rideaducati

Reaction score
I like how those same talking heads have the broncos getting back to the Superbowl though. I wonder what the talking heads will think when they finally realize that the broncos have to play the NFC West. I think the Cards would have had a better record than Denver and K.C. with the AFC West schedule last season.

You'd think that after being proven wrong so many times that they'd change their tune, but no... I will enjoy seeing them proven wrong again and will continue to point out how wrong they were...again.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2tmzsacv said:
Dismas":2tmzsacv said:

"NGL?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Next Generation League... :twisted: :stirthepot:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
sutz":tminkagp said:
Now all those teams that were worried about our D are now saying: "Oh, 5h!t, they have an offense, too?" ;)
Not judging by the shared opinions of many. Matt Flynn could have led the team to a Super Bowl win riding our defense, all Russell Wilson had to do was not lose it.

I say let them think whatever they want. I actually get a little pumped when opponent fans call Wilson a game manager. Every time I see it, I think to myself, "You just go ahead and keep on thinking that."

Hawks46

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1ulujmlf said:
sutz":1ulujmlf said:
Now all those teams that were worried about our D are now saying: "Oh, 5h!t, they have an offense, too?" ;)
Not judging by the shared opinions of many. Matt Flynn could have led the team to a Super Bowl win riding our defense, all Russell Wilson had to do was not lose it.

I say let them think whatever they want. I actually get a little pumped when opponent fans call Wilson a game manager. Every time I see it, I think to myself, "You just go ahead and keep on thinking that."

Other fans bases and media types are generalists. It's a rare football fan that knows specifics about a lot of teams. I love the game of football, but now that I have a family, I can't spend all Sunday watching football, so I lose a lot as well.

The general viewpoints are like BT said: Wilson rode the defense (he could've, but he won games for us as well, ie: Panthers game), we were lucky in a few games (Houston, etc.), some poeple think we were ridiculously healthy, our offense sucks, Wilson can't pass and it's all the run game and the defense.....

like one of the previous posters said, I don't know how many teams can go an extended stretch without both of their starting OTs and not fold. Of course that affects Wilson and the passing game, but our strengths also compliment our weaknesses. If we had an elite pocket passer (like a Manning) and we lost both OT's, we would've probably missed the playoffs. Wilson can survive without an elite OL.

If all our young guys step up and fill in, we will probably be as good as we were last year. If we can improve the wsak spots in the OL, we might be better. Even if we're the same as last year, we're still in really good position to make a deep playoff run. I really can't state much more until we see the draft and how us and our divisional rivals end up doing there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's hard to win a Super Bowl period. <----they should have said and stopped at that statement.