Seahawks hire Jeff Ireland as Draft Consultant

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man this guy was awful at drafting when he was the man in charge. Let's hope when there is less on his plate that he can do a better job.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Well, the nfl.com report on this noted that "Prior to his Miami stint, Ireland was a respected scout with the Chiefs and vice president of college and pro scouting with the Cowboys." So, maybe he's just bad at the GM gig, respected otherwise. JS is the one who brought him in, so we gotta trust him.

Did anyone read the first comment on PFT?: "Brilliant strategy by the Seahawks. Put him in a separate room, let him study, come in and ask him what he would do– then do the exact opposite."
Whoa, read the rest of the comments. There's a lot of hate towards the Hawks and fans. Figures, though. Packers, Vikings, etc. They all mad. They're gonna be upset for a long time. Seahawks... Dynasty Team of the 21st Century!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Like I read on PFT -Maybe he's the reverse man..Anything he likes..We don't draft

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
The first comment on PFT is hilarious.

Brilliant strategy by the Seahawks. Put him in a separate room, let him study, come in and ask him what he would do– then do the exact opposite.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
don't get it at all. We seem to have been doing preeeeeeetty well with drafts until now and this guy doesn't have a track record of success.

one note though, this guy was in a FO of a franchise until january 7th, and while the seahawks were busy preparing, winning, and dealing with the aftermath of the superbowl he could have been doing some useful draft research, so if this is a temporary move to just get information to make sure they are as informed as everyone else in the league, I guess it could be worth while...maybe?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of it but I guess if Scott Paoli can be an assistant GM Jeff Ireland can be a draft consultant.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
This is a shocker. Ireland has nothing to add IMO.

Watch, he'll be just another guy to come in as a cast off and leave wanted all over the league.

rideaducati

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":151z5sj1 said:
Well, the nfl.com report on this noted that "Prior to his Miami stint, Ireland was a respected scout with the Chiefs and vice president of college and pro scouting with the Cowboys." So, maybe he's just bad at the GM gig, respected otherwise. JS is the one who brought him in, so we gotta trust him.

Did anyone read the first comment on PFT?: "Brilliant strategy by the Seahawks. Put him in a separate room, let him study, come in and ask him what he would do– then do the exact opposite."
Whoa, read the rest of the comments. There's a lot of hate towards the Hawks and fans. Figures, though. Packers, Vikings, etc. They all mad. They're gonna be upset for a long time. Seahawks... Dynasty Team of the 21st Century!

That's the first thing that came in to my mind too.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Good news everyone, the Seahawks got their one draft mistake out of the way BEFORE the first round this year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
In all fairness, he had to be pretty good at his job to be given a GM job somewhere (just like Ruskell did a decent job before we hired him and even his first year here). With that said, I'm not sure he will add much.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
markey_mark_wtf.gif