"Michael Robinson likely retiring"

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
“There really isn’t a market for 31-year-old fullbacks headed into their ninth year in the league,” Robinson said, via StateCollege.com. “Economically speaking, I understand that. I’m going to give myself a little time after the draft to let teams see how their rosters shake out. After seeing what happens, I’m probably going to call it a career.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -retiring/

theascension

Reaction score
Can't he stay on as like... the fullbacks coach? He was such a great leader and rarity (switching from QB to FB), a once in a generation player of his type really. Sad to see him go but I'd love to see him stay on as some sort part of the Seahawks.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
theascension":34629k5r said:
Can't he stay on as like... the fullbacks coach? He was such a great leader and rarity (switching from QB to FB), a once in a generation player of his type really. Sad to see him go but I'd love to see him stay on as some sort part of the Seahawks.

Maybe he doesn't want to coach.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
theascension":esbvbutc said:

I second this. Unfortunately Mike Rob is too handsome and well-spoken. TV offers less stress and good money.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sad to see him go if it goes down that way. But he is so marketable, no doubt he will be in Television in some manner after football! Hopefully not Daytime Soaps, but that definitely has a chance. I could see him as a former Superbowl champion turned small town Semi Pro team owner/Mob enforcer/Racketeer.

More realistic would be an expansion of the RRR or perhaps a commenting gig.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think he has 4 kids. I'm pretty sure he wants to spend more time with them since they grow up so fast.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Well if he retires, Mike Rob leaves us as a Super Bowl champion. I wish him best as he is one of the good guys, and whatever he chooses to do he will be successful. Thanks Mike Rob! :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":244f7eg3 said:
Well if he retires, Mike Rob leaves us as a Super Bowl champion. I wish him best as he is one of the good guys, and whatever he chooses to do he will be successful. Thanks Mike Rob! :)

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I won't be surprised at all at any retirement news from him. He helped make our team into super bowl winners and he seems like a really great guy. I wish him nothing but success in whatever his future may hold.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm gonna miss MRob. I was happiest for him to win that ring. From getting sick to getting cut and almost dying, to making it back to the team and ending it on top of the sports world. That's amazing. Almost lost it when I saw him on the screen after the SB win

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I would love to see him here one year to train another fullback in the awesome blocking he gave for Lynch.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
He's already done work for NFL Network, and they'd be wise to snatch him up full-time and kick the incongruous Michael Irvin to the curb once and for all. Somehow I think Robinson would be able to offer up some lucid and insightful post-game analysis that is at least slightly better than Irvin's interrupting mixture of indiscernible growling with doses of hysterical laughter when nothing is funny.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3rjz18ft said:
Dude's a lock for a TV gig.

Bingo.

Now that he has a higher profile as Beast Mode's sidekick for Superbowl interviews, he should be on the hotlist for every sports station. If not, there's something wrong with the system, cause Mike Rob's more charismatic and interesting than 90% of the current talking heads in the NFL.

Throwdown

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":mfzi1u4o said:
He's already done work for NFL Network, and they'd be wise to snatch him up full-time and kick the incongruous Michael Irvin to the curb once and for all. Somehow I think Robinson would be able to offer up some lucid and insightful post-game analysis that is at least slightly better than Irvin's interrupting mixture of indiscernible growling with doses of hysterical laughter when nothing is funny.

Irvin > Faulk

Get Faulk's biased ass off the damn TV.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He is one of my favorite players and important to Lynch for more than just blocking so I'll hate to see him go. He was fantastic on the NFL network so I can see him getting an offer to move to the studio.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Thank you MRob, you did a hell of a job for us while being a class act, you will always be in our hearts