Don't forget about this guy

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Lithium":25hcgabl said:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-Sign-WR-Chris-Matthews/337f8e13-d932-4e3a-903b-0742d76f3179

I get a B. Browner vibe from this signing. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do this training camp/pre-season.

That could be positive or negative depending on your perspective.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1x1zt1lv said:
Lithium":1x1zt1lv said:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-Sign-WR-Chris-Matthews/337f8e13-d932-4e3a-903b-0742d76f3179

I get a B. Browner vibe from this signing. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do this training camp/pre-season.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt at least until he makes the team. But I get what you're saying.

C-HAWK84

Reaction score
With the Hawks coaching and that dangeruss arm, pretty much anyone tall and fast makes a good prospect. How many passes did he drop while in cfl? If he has good hands he can make a good tate replacement.

GawksAtHawks

Reaction score
I can see him being another BMW but the fact he couldn't even stick on the Cleveland Browns roster keeps my hopes grounded. Granted that was before he was in the CFL and possible improved upon his skill set?! Also having a QB like Wilson chucking him the ball can't hurt either! :thirishdrinkers:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1kj5jx70 said:
Lithium":1kj5jx70 said:

How could it be a negative? I don't get it...

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what Matthews can bring to the table. Right now, the odds are against him making the team. Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, and Rice are likely to make the team. They will probably draft at least one WR. And Lockette was an asset on special team. Since we usually only carry six active WRs, it could be between Lockette and Matthews for that sixth spot.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Receivers can develop very slowly and roster spots are too precious for most teams to spend them on somebody who isn't helping you win right that minute. Look at Kris Durham with the Lions. There is also the change of scenery factor which can help or hurt production a lot depending on the fit.

The Seahawks strategy is to churn the roster to find those players who will fit what we are looking for and will play better for us than they might with a typical team. That means you shouldn't get too invested in any one prospect but you also shouldn't count people out based on how they have performed elsewhere.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He may provide help on the practice squad with the QB we just got from the Raiders. Remember always compete.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It is going to be hard to make the active roster as a WR this year if we draft one high and Rice makes the team.
There are currently 10 on the roster and we won't keep more than six based on History.

Always ComPete.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":390uman5 said:
mikeak":390uman5 said:
^ suspensions...
?

That's what you want to focus on? Cool, I guess...

Seriously? Someone else says it could be negative and you asked how and I answered the question.... then you are saying I am focusing on something.

WOW .......cool I guess......