NFL fans want Sherm on cover of Madden 15

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Blitzer88":39jkdgsd said:
https://poptip.com/r/espnnfl/which-current-player-do-you-want-on-the-cover-of-eamaddennfl-15-tweet-using-maddencover-now-well-rt-best-tweets

Here a poll that was ran, and the majority, 31%, want Sherm on the cover. I personally am superstitious as hell and do not want any Hawks on Maddens cover.

Megatron was just on the cover a year or two ago ......

Throwdown

Reaction score
PLZ don't do it EA, I don't want Sherm hurt.

Put a ram on there, I hate rams.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":3fg78tv1 said:
Blitzer88":3fg78tv1 said:
https://poptip.com/r/espnnfl/which-current-player-do-you-want-on-the-cover-of-eamaddennfl-15-tweet-using-maddencover-now-well-rt-best-tweets

Here a poll that was ran, and the majority, 31%, want Sherm on the cover. I personally am superstitious as hell and do not want any Hawks on Maddens cover.

He had a down year......so to speak, still over 1,000 yards. However, he missed some games and if I remember correctly played with broken fingers on both hands as well as had some type of hamstring injury.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Makes sense non seahawks fans would want to see him suffer the dreaded "madden curse". I don't really believe in it so I wouldn't mind it, however I'd rather see either Earl Thomas or Marshawn Lynch on the cover, both guys who led the team and set the tone on their perspective side of the ball

Threedee

Reaction score
It would be even better if there was a tagline beneath Sherman about mediocre receivers.

Meeker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1rd1chz5 said:
Ziggyy108":1rd1chz5 said:
Blitzer88":1rd1chz5 said:

He had a down year......so to speak, still over 1,000 yards. However, he missed some games and if I remember correctly played with broken fingers on both hands as well as had some type of hamstring injury.

Pretty sure he was on the cover before his 1964 yard season

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope Sherman wins it then has a career year and we win the Super Bowl again just so I can rub it in all your guys' faces for being so naively superstitious.

I got your back, Sherm.

Cartire

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson efftively ended the curse. Adrian Peterson did just fine this season (he was on new generation covers)

It was a curse for a long while, S. Alexander can attest to that. But now that the curse is broken, Sherman would be perfect.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I used to think the curse was real (it basically was for a long period of time) , but with Megatron and AP being fine after their covers, I can no longer feel the superstition.

I'm all for Sherman doing it!

BTW, Madden 13 came out in August of 2012, the season Megatron had the 1,964 receiving yards. I call that a broken curse if I've ever heard of one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
C-HAWK84":37prgcq6 said:
pocketprotector":37prgcq6 said:
Only simpletons believe in curses
Tell that to Shaun Alexander after he graced the 2007 cover...
Yeah, a curse is the reason why he fell off. Not a combination of injury, not being as good as he looked behind our all-world line in the first place, and losing Hutchinson.

:roll:

MrCarey

Reaction score
I hope Sherm gets it AND we get on Hard Knocks.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39nf1dj8 said:
No such thing as curses.

This. I would like to think that people talking about them as if they're real are just being tongue-in-cheek, but I can tell that's not completely the case here.

The NFL is a dangerous sport. The options available are:
(A) Sherman is on the cover, may or may not get injured
(B) Sherman is not on the cover, may or may not get injured

I'll take (A).

Latest posts