Seahawks stadium - things you would upgrade

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
We have the best stadium in the NFL by design first and foremost. The energy from the fan base is like no other I experience going to other stadiums. The Kingdome was even awesome in it's day from a fan perspective. I am biased as a hawk fan of course, but have been away for a long while. Other stadiums have that "energy or feel" that just gets you pumped up and have some pretty awesome design work. One of things that make a stadium, for any team, have character, is more than just the history, fans, or the most recent sponsor. If you could make one or more changes to improve your fan experience what would you do to your stadium? Money no issue here, just a wish list. Ticket prices are off the chain, but that's price of success...

1) I think the concrete walkways leading to the seats could use some local artwork, photos of players, famous quotes running the walls. It could be done tastefully and add to the experience. 2) the scoreboards/stat boards seem small, and no we don't need a jumbotron, like here in Dallas. 3) half priced beer for season ticket holders. Ha! :thirishdrinkers:

seahawks08

Reaction score
upgrade score board, make the TV screens bigger, increased phone coverage (gotten better from previous ears), definitely better food and absolutely cheaper beers. Would also like a sit in cocktail bar, they have a tiny one, but probably more stations, as beer does not always cut it:) and better ushers who are more reasonable than the ones who are working there after retirement. I mean, I don't mind the age, but with that comes stubbornness and they don't almost want to be there. I once ended up getting of the elevator with my 2 year old son on the wrong floor and tried to walk all the way around the outside of field to come out at the event center. When I reached there, a bunch of volunteer staff was shocked how I made it all the way and even though the exit door was just 2 feet away, made me go all the way back. So there you have it.

Barthawk

Reaction score
1. Competent staff at the concessions. Hands down the worst experience year in and year out at the stadium. I get the fact that a small % of the proceeds go to some charity, but we are paying a premium for the game experience and deserve timely service at the concessions.

2. The alcohol enforcement crew. Get rid of them. I constantly have to remind them that there is a game being played and to keep moving. It is borderline harassment. I don't like it one bit.

THE TABS

Reaction score
This might not be a popular sentiment, but I'd add a retractable roof.

Noise would be even louder, and you could host more events (March Madness).

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This stadium has to be the most "politically correct" stadium in the NFL! Why do adults have to be continually lectured on the video screens? "If you do that again, we're going to throw your ass outta here!"

Green13

Reaction score
Train the people at the concession stands. I know they're mostly volunteers, but good lord, teach them how to pour a beer, and train them to be more efficient. It is unacceptably slow.

And get some better beer on the 300 level. This is the pacific northwest, home of some of the greatest breweries on the planet. Can we get ONE locally made IPA???

Thank you...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hmm...

- Axe the Uptight Patrol. Way too much rules enforcement for this benign a crowd.
- Cheaper beer, and a variety of local micro-brews. Geez, that last part seems like a no-brainer.
- Add another ten grand to the seating capacity. Put that whole "not big enough for the Super Bowl" thing to rest.
- Cheaper seats. It costs an arm and a leg to go to a game, and I ain't got too many of them to spare for games during the season.
- Love, love the Northwest art suggestion. That should be painted on every inner wall of the place.
- Stock a better, larger amount of disposable blue n' green rain gear during the games. It gets sold out quickly and is in high demand.
- Expand around the stadium to better allow tailgating. Seriously, this is the worst stadium in the league for tailgating, and shouldn't be.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3c4fvjua said:
Hmm...

-- Cheaper seats. It costs an arm and a leg to go to a game, and I ain't got too many of them to spare for games during the season.

No chance in Hell! Have you seen the recent players contracts? You can add up seat revenue for a season and you'll find that it does not meet team payroll. Soooo....how do they reduce seat costs? We can't even get them to reduce the cost for Pre-season games.....and that it a real "shafting"!

MrCarey

Reaction score
Do we have any "standing room only" seats? That'd be perfect for people who don't want to get bitched at by the old folks.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
Brats.

You can buy some of the best Brats in America outside the stadium and can't get a respectable Polish Dog inside. Also, I'd rather eat a frozen pizza, still frozen, than Papa Johns . The worst.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I did always want a retractable roof, but for the longest time it seemed like it didn't rain. That was until recently. Other than that and the service at the concessions I'm good.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
1. Bigger video screens. Find a way.

2. Better food.

3. Cheaper beer

4. Better cell phone coverage

BocciHawk

Reaction score
MrCarey":5suz33g8 said:
Do we have any "standing room only" seats? That'd be perfect for people who don't want to get bitched at by the old folks.

Yes, there are already quite a few SRO seats, mostly in the south end, upper level.

From what I've heard, there are only a few sections where standing through the whole game is frowned upon.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm not gonna complain about the cost or service at the concessions. You have to keep in mind that they have to make hay 10 days out of the 365 day year. To even have concessions available comes with a cost and I doubt they are reaping absurd profits from it. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see it; the cost to have the space and people working it...just not something I'm going to complain about. You're already allowed to bring in your own food.

To be honest there aren't many things in particular I would change. Obviously there are things that you can never get enough of at any stadium, like the size and quality of the video and scoreboards. But I feel like game day is pretty solid.

I think they could have probably done more with the pro-shop re-design. Over all it's better now and the roving check-out people that can swipe cards are helpful but it's still a cluster. Seems like that was a missed opportunity though to really maximize it. They put all the most popular items (mens jerseys, tshirts, and hats) all in the same area, and shoved all the less popular items (womens clothes - sorry ladies just demographics, kids, misc. novelty items like lame robots and plus Shermans) to one side.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Demolish the ugly ass old warehouse-type buildings on the west side and replace them with another parking lot, or a fan party pavilion, or a Jiffy-Lube, or anything even mildly aesthetic.

Seaswab

Reaction score
The scoreboard system is inadequate and too small. Been a joke since it opened.

Need escalators to 3rd level

New PA announcer

More tv screens in concourses

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The field turf should be replaced more often and with the newest technologies available each time. As a Sounders supporter as well as Seahawks the turf can get in pretty bad condition after a season, which sucks more for soccer but could contribute to injuries in both teams. I accept grass isn't really an option, due to both teams playing on it. We don't have the latest field turf either- I think the Patriots/Revolution have the new grass/hybrid turf which is supposed to be the business.