O'Brien Schofield back with the Hawks

GoHawks

Reaction score
O'Brien Schofield ‏@Ob_Scho 6m
Hey 12th man, I'm coming back home one more year. #blessed #backtowork #seahawks #12thMan

@bcondotta says both Obrien Schofield and AJ Jefferson signed for the vet min (I believe both 5th yr players) $730,000

seabowl

Reaction score
Still waiting for him to break out. Has the tools but production lacking. As depth though on a cheap deal it makes sense.

jblaze

Reaction score
I wonder what the terms are. Probably at or near the minimum. Giants had him at 2 years/8m.

Great value and a good player who knows the system.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Nice, he is quality depth for LEO / OLB. You can never have too many pass rushers. I feel bad for him for what happened with the Giants. Hopefully a second ring will take the sting away.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Im glad he's coming back. He's no star in the making but he is quality depth and will compete for his spot. He is oje of those giys that I could easily see us upgrading and wasn't too confident he'd be back but I look forward to seeing if he takes another step in his progression and becomes kind of a poor-man's Clemons-lite.

Edit: I had forgotten he had signed with the Giants and I don't think I ever knew that the deal was voided. Interesting...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I like this. I'm guessing the price is right. Underrated versatility. Can play every-down LEO, outside LB and contributes on ST. Was really hoping this might happen. Solidifies DE for 2014 regardless of what happens in the draft imo (of course they'll look for more guys though).

Group him with a healthy Bennett and Avril on the D-Line, and I think he can do some damage. Performed very well vs. Carolina and San Francisco as our early starting LEO.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Welcome back OB! Prefect timing before the draft too, with OB and Mayowa as backups to Avril I don't feel like LEO is that big of a need. Do we typically keep 10 DL? WE have 7 locks and a good 5 man battle for the last 3 spots adding a rookie to the mix would be great but not a must.

1.Bennett DE/DT
2.Mebane DT
3.Avril DE
4.McDaniel DT
5.Hill DT
6.Scruggs DE/DT
7.Schofield DE
Williams DT
Mayowa DE
Rookie DE
Brooks DT
Boatwright DE
Cherrington DT

cacksman

Reaction score
Schofield was one of the players I was hoping we'd be able to re-sign. When he signed with NY for 2/8, I figured there was no way we would have given close to that. Now he's back at probably a fraction of that price so I'm ecstatic!

Mick063

Reaction score
Every time I have seen him play, for Arizona or Seattle, I thought he played well. Don't know why Arizona released him unless they are just that deep at linebacker. Don't understand a previous post questioning his production either. I think he has been very productive when given the chance.

I think he is a quality player that could earn a starting spot on a few teams in the league. Like I said, every time I have watched him play, I liked what I saw. Giants are just dumb to let him go. Dumb!

oasis

Reaction score
Am I the only one suspicious that nobody else wanted him??? They ran after Thurmond like he was oxygen, and now Schoefield gets rejected by another organization for health reasons? Are we all so sure that the GIants just got cold feet? Something doesn't smell right.

But on the hand, I'd be happy to be wrong and know -- in my heart of hearts -- that the rest of the league was just stupid in not getting this violent mofo.

randomation

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3fthf42g said:
Would like to know why his contract got voided.

"Failed" physical also known as they used him as leverage to get another player to sign lower quite a dirty move honestly.

kearly

Reaction score
oasis":vwh3vh9t said:
Am I the only one suspicious that nobody else wanted him??? They ran after Thurmond like he was oxygen, and now Schoefield gets rejected by another organization for health reasons? Are we all so sure that the GIants just got cold feet? Something doesn't smell right.

But on the hand, I'd be happy to be wrong and know -- in my heart of hearts -- that the rest of the league was just stupid in not getting this violent mofo.

Thurmond had games where he looked like an all-pro. His upside is much higher than Schofield's, so that's my best guess.

I'm glad we have Schofield back. He's not a star, but he does everything pretty well. Even as a run defender he made some very nice plays. I would much rather rely on him as a pass rusher than Mayowa at this time.