Chad Morton new assistant special-teams coach

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
The Seahawks have added an assistant coach who’ll have a little extra incentive to prepare for the first game of the 2014 regular season.

Chad Morton, a former NFL player who was let go by the Packers as an assistant special-teams coach after 2013, has been hired as assistant special-teams coach in Seattle.

Morton replaces John Glenn, who moves to quality control/defense on Pete Carroll’s staff. The Seahawks hired Morton after five years in Green Bay as an assistant.
The Seahawks also named Will Harriger offensive assistant and Chris Morgan assistant offensive line coach. Nate Carroll moves from offensive assistant to assistant receivers coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ams-coach/

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He's an SC guy, started both ways in college (RB/FS) and returned punts. He has five years of experience as an assistant coach with Green Bay. Looks like another solid hire by Carroll.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ezg5hbt said:
He was a helluva receiver at SC. That's all I know about him.

You might be thinking of his brother, Johnny Morton, who is also trying his hand at coaching.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawknation2014":nhpaeru3 said:
HawkWow":nhpaeru3 said:
He was a helluva receiver at SC. That's all I know about him.

You might be thinking of his brother, Johnny Morton, who is also trying his hand at coaching.

I don't recall the Morton I was referring to ever being an RB so I think you are right my friend.. But I do recall Johnny and he was a helluva receiver. Thanks for the correction.

sc85sis

Reaction score
There are two John/Johnnie Mortons associated with USC. One was a standout receiver. The other was an assistant on Pete's staff. I'm not sure whether the former has also gone into coaching.

Edit: Per Wikipedia, Johnnie (the WR who played at 'SC) is coaching now. He's currently an assistant at Glenville State.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
sc85sis":3v9myozx said:
There are two John/Johnnie Mortons associated with USC. One was a standout receiver. The other was an assistant on Pete's staff. I'm not sure whether the former has also gone into coaching.

Johnnie Morton (former WR and MMA fighter) is coaching at Glenville. John Morton is the WR Coach for the 49ers; he is trash, one of the reasons their WRs consistently underperform.

HawkWow

Reaction score
USC loves them some Mortons.

I am sorry to learn the best of the bunch resigned to MMA.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
hawknation2014":146qc275 said:
He's an SC guy, started both ways in college (RB/FS) and returned punt. He has five years of experience as an assistant coach with Green Bay. Looks like another solid hire by Carroll.

Possible sneaky move by mastermind JS to coach AND return punts for us?! :stirthepot:

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
These are some strong hires.

The Packers have consistently had above average ST's, particularly their return units, which appears to be where Chad Morton will focus his time with the Hawks, and Morton himself is a former Pro Bowl alternate return man.

Chris Morgan was on Tom Cable's staff as an assistant OL coach in Oakland when the Raiders finished 2nd in the league in rushing in 2010. The Redskins led the league in rushing in 2012, and were 5th last year. He's obviously very well-versed in zone blocking schemes/techniques.

Will Harriger is part of the Tommy Tuberville and Will Muschamp defensive coaching trees, working with both of them at Auburn, then with Muschamp at Texas, then with Tuberville at Texas Tech, and then with Muschamp again at Florida. He was on the same defensive staff at UF with Dan Quinn in 2012. Bright young coach.