Win probability from the Super Bowl

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Looks like an EKG of the Broncoes hopes. Denver was flat lined after halftime.

Riley12

Reaction score
And the win probability graph from the NFCCG probably follows my emotional state in some way. My heart and mind needed a full week to recover from that one.

RiverDog

Reaction score
As the chart shows, the real killer was Malcolm's pick 6...as if any of us need a chart to come to that conclusion. It's not too often that a team that goes into halftime down by 3 TD's ends up winning. Unless I'm mistaken, we've never done it in the 38 year history of our franchise as this season's Tampa Bay game, the biggest comeback in team history, we were only down 21-7 at halftime.

What was astounding, and particularly satisfying, is how wrong all the self appointed experts were about the outcome of this game.

OP
OP
EntiatHawk

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
RD, I cannot agree more. Hearing all the crap that came out prior to the game was astounding. It was like they never really watched the Hawks play.

Now I think most of us Hawk fans thought that Denver had a shot at winning but was unlikely. What was really amazing was the Hawks showed just how good they really can be. This will be the goal for this year. If put more of those type of games together we could be scary good.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":159th493 said:
This will be the goal for this year. If put more of those type of games together we could be scary good.
I just loved the scary good part cause it's sooo true!!

253hawk

Reaction score

RiverDog

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":1iisy7e3 said:
RD, I cannot agree more. Hearing all the crap that came out prior to the game was astounding. It was like they never really watched the Hawks play.

Now I think most of us Hawk fans thought that Denver had a shot at winning but was unlikely. What was really amazing was the Hawks showed just how good they really can be. This will be the goal for this year. If put more of those type of games together we could be scary good.

I honestly feel that I am not your typical homer, and that if anything, I'll lower my expectations of our chances because for the previous 37 years, I've been let down so many times that I don't want to go through that kind of disappointment again. But I was very confident that we would win and that the only thing that would keep us from doing so would be turnovers or some other type of freak play like what almost happened in the Saints game.

But I was surprised at how many forecasters were picking us to lose. I don't get upset at that type of thing because I know their opinions have zero bearing on the outcome, to the contrary, it makes winning that much sweeter as it shows that the so called experts aren't that much smarter than many of us.