Defensive Team Captain predictions

Cartire

Reaction score
I know its early, but nothing else to do.

With Big Red gone, who do you think will be the team captain for the defense?

My choice, and i think the popular one would be ET.

kobebryant

Reaction score
ET.

Must ensure having the shortest midfield cointoss/handshake group in the league.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
This guy to set the tone of intimidation:

willis23.jpg

Giblien

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it will be Kam. The guy absolutely embodies the kind of player the Hawks want. Smart, instinctive and FIZ-IC-UL!!!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Kam, I think he is the leader of the LOB. Earl might lead the film sessions and Sherm the media darling but I bet when Kam speaks they both listen.

Tical21

Reaction score
Kam.

I may be wrong, but I think the single biggest reason that Red was the captain was because of intimidating he looks. When all the captains go out to the middle of the field, and the best players on the other team have to size him up and shake his hand, it can have an effect. Kam is that same kind of intimidating presence. When he shakes their hand, they're gonna drop their jaw and shake their head in disbelief that somebody that size can be a safety.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Tical21":3duqiiva said:
Kam.

I may be wrong, but I think the single biggest reason that Red was the captain was because of intimidating he looks. When all the captains go out to the middle of the field, and the best players on the other team have to size him up and shake his hand, it can have an effect. Kam is that same kind of intimidating presence. When he shakes their hand, they're gonna drop their jaw and shake their head in disbelief that somebody that size can be a safety.

Pretty sure most the nfl captains have met and talked with Kam. That includes big red during his time. I don't really think that the coin toss becomes a revelation of Kams intimidation. The captains need to be the motivators and leaders in the locker room. I think Kam can do that. But his coin toss presence should have zero to do with it.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Definitely Kam Chancellor, with Brandon Mebane next in line.

I could see Bobby Wagner developing into captain material down the line after (if/when) he signs his 2nd contract with the Hawks.

RussJames

Reaction score
1. Chancellor
2. Thomas
3. Mebane
4. Wagner
5. Wright

That's how I see it. Pretty sure it'll be one of either Kam or Earl.