Did Kam have hip surgery or didn't he?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m
A new need for #Seahawks? Safety Kam Chancellor had hip surgery this offseason, will hope to be ready this preseason. But nothing is certain

is Fapaport just being a prick tease like usual or . .?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'd guess he did, especially considering how JS avoided the subject last week when asked.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kam insinuated on his Twitter a while ago that he didn't after Clayton said he did have surgery, and JS is avoiding the question all together.

Seems like a pretty simple question, did Kam have surgery or not.......yes or no. The fact that everyone's being cryptic about the whole situation tells me that the team and Kam aren't on the same page.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":uu2ks6jr said:
I'd guess he did, especially considering how JS avoided the subject last week when asked.

I think he was asked about Kam after he refused to answer the same question about Okung's foot surgery. Answering no for Kam would have given away Okung's situation and vice versa.

Kam denied he had surgery and doesn't look hobbled in any of his recent pictures: http://instagram.com/bambamkam

Bke24eDCQAArWu7

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2q7z7lu8 said:
Kam insinuated on his Twitter a while ago that he didn't after Clayton said he did have surgery, and JS is avoiding the question all together.

Seems like a pretty simple question, did Kam have surgery or not.......yes or no. The fact that everyone's being cryptic about the whole situation tells me that the team and Kam aren't on the same page.

So is Kam going to become the .net whipping boy like Percy did for, god forbid, having surgery?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":1qlrirdv said:
Sgt. Largent":1qlrirdv said:

So is Kam going to become the .net whipping boy like Percy did for, god forbid, having surgery?

Absolutely not. Unlike Percy, Kam has earned plenty of good faith with Hawk fans. But it'd be nice to know right? Why all the secrecy and conflicting reports?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's not the same as Percy because Cam didn't wait until practice began to report the injury and opt for the surgery.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Retweeted by Danny Kelly
Todd Dybas ‏@Todd_Dybas 3m
I can confirm Kam Chancellor had hip surgery a month ago. @RapSheet first reported. #Seahawks

Cartire

Reaction score
Speculate speculate speculate

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kam will be fine, and if he isn't we still got Jeron Johnson who's pretty good himself.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well per 710 ESPN and a statement released by the Hawks Kam did have hip surgery.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Throwdown":17i1gf38 said:
I'm pretty sure Kam will be fine, and if he isn't we still got Jeron Johnson who's pretty good himself.

Depends on what kind of hip surgery he had. If it's a labrum repair like Percy had, could be a much longer timetable.

Anyway, it'd be nice to hear it from the Hawks.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Maybe they are trying to keep it quiet so they don't tip a possible pick in the draft. Want teams to think the position is not being looked at in the draft.

Cartire

Reaction score
Blitzer88":w0v0sttm said:
Well per 710 ESPN and a statement released by the Hawks Kam did have hip surgery.

Link to hawks statement?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 19m
Heard last summer that Chancellor knew he'd eventually likely need surgery. Vets in 2012 told him to tough it out/get paid. He did & did.

Looks like his decision to play through that injury probably saved us a championship.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I don't see anybody in this draft big enough to replace Kam. All the SS's look kinda small.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkinNY":41xr0zs1 said:
Maybe they are trying to keep it quiet so they don't tip a possible pick in the draft. Want teams to think the position is not being looked at in the draft.

That'd be my guess.

So best case scenario, 4-5 months and ready towards beginning of season? Worst case scenario more like Harvin timetable and 6-7 months? Which puts us into November.

Either way, another safety through the draft or once training camp cuts start is a priority.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
News like this gets out in the days before the draft for a reason. His surgery didn't stay secret for a month and then get announced two days before the draft without it being on purpose. IMO.

Seattle might be trying to guarantee somebody gets ahead of them to grab a guy like Buchanon.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3043by6l said:
I don't see anybody in this draft big enough to replace Kam. All the SS's look kinda small.

Eric pinkins, Lonnie ballentine

Both 6'3" 220. Excellent athletes. Could be 5-udfa targets.

Can't replace Kam, but they have the size. We brought pinkins in for a visit.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Telvin Smith . . . may drop after testing positive for marijuana. Led FSU in tackles and is solid in coverage. Seems like a natural to convert to SS.