Remember this

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Wow that's the ffirst time I've seen that. Brutal opinions that ended up being wrong. Kj Wright is a great player Sherman and Maxwell are eiilte and good respectively. Durham is still in the league and carp is an average starter ( cable said he played his best ball in the playoffs yesterday)
However their negativity wasn't iisolated. I recall on this board some people saying sherm and max were nothing more than backups or depth players. dispite the fact that our corners sucked at that time with Jennings, tru, ect.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I remember the melt down that happened when we traded Josh Wilson for a 5th round pick...only to later draft Sherman with that exact 5th rounder.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":13blvgzt said:
I remember the melt down that happened when we traded Josh Wilson for a 5th round pick...only to later draft Sherman with that exact 5th rounder.
I remember being furious about that. Never knew that pick went on to be Sherm.

drdiags

Reaction score
They were wrong about the 2 linemen. Moffitt didn't make it to his second contract. Those WRs that McShay thought were better than Durham are out of the league as well. Kiper wasn't feeling the Sherman love and Dalton could end up getting replaced by AJ McCarron.

KJ, Sherman and Maxwell turned out well. If Carp is really onto something this year, that would make that draft a pretty darn good one. Durham is like Harper from last year, a talent that just couldn't fit here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":e24tbzl0 said:
Most of us were furious that Kelly Jennings was still starting for the team.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2mev1epv said:
Hawkfan77":2mev1epv said:
Most of us were furious that Kelly Jennings was still starting for the team.

I definitely remember being disappointed at the time that Josh Wilson was leaving as he was pretty much the best playmaker we had in the defensive backfield at the time. Man, if I'd had only known what this FO had in store for our team I wouldn't have worried about it for a millisecond.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yes, I remember that. In fact, I just posted about it last month. What can one say about Dilfer. He was at it again yesterday, even if indirect. He's a 49er-lovin fool. Yeah, I agree the 49ers have a talented roster. But, I think it's a bit disrespectful to not say that AT LEAST in the same breath with the Seahawks. That's my opinion. Everyone may not share it. He said the Niners have "arguably the best roster in the NFL". Again, true enough when including "arguably" to such a statement. But, again... there's a team in the PNW that he conveniently leaves out. What he really means is that he thinks they are the most talented. I would love to see him interview Doug Baldwin and that topic be brought up. They've done nothing but prove him wrong in drafts and on the field. His act has long ago worn thin with me.

Anyway, here was my post. I said it already. So, I'll say it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMLR9xB04YM What were those Seahawks thinking by passing on Andy Dalton? (and, have your tissues ready - Trent Dilfer loves the Seahawks. Touching.) That Sherman guy is just an average 5th round pick. (4:20) But, that swell Mel Kiper guy thinks John Moffitt will be a guard/center who can start in this league.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92197

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":33awdo3y said:
Yes, I remember that. In fact, I just posted about it last month. What can one say about Dilfer. He was at it again yesterday, even if indirect. He's a 49er-lovin fool. Yeah, I agree the 49ers have a talented roster. But, I think it's a bit disrespectful to not say that AT LEAST in the same breath with the Seahawks. That's my opinion. Everyone may not share it. He said the Niners have "arguably the best roster in the NFL". Again, true enough when including "arguably" to such a statement. But, again... there's a team in the PNW that he conveniently leaves out. What he really means is that he thinks they are the most talented. I would love to see him interview Doug Baldwin and that topic be brought up. They've done nothing but prove him wrong in drafts and on the field. His act has long ago worn thin with me.

Anyway, here was my post. I said it already. So, I'll say it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMLR9xB04YM What were those Seahawks thinking by passing on Andy Dalton? (and, have your tissues ready - Trent Dilfer loves the Seahawks. Touching.) That Sherman guy is just an average 5th round pick. (4:20) But, that swell Mel Kiper guy thinks John Moffitt will be a guard/center who can start in this league.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92197
As long as they have a mental midget at QB, a moron as OC, and an over emotional crazy assclown as a Headcoach, Santa Clara will always be the bridesmaids. I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona or the lambs passed Santa Clara this year in the quest for 2nd place in the NFC west.