NFL_COMBINE_FOOTBALL_36175519-1.jpg

40 YD: 4.61
10 YD: 1.63
BENCH: 18
VERTICAL: 36
BROAD: 10'3
SHUTTLE: 4.18
3-CONE DRILL: 6.97

BIO: Consensus First-Team All-American selection, Co-Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year and Ted Hendricks Award winner. Led Texas in tackles (86), TFLs (22), sacks (13.0) QB pressures (19), and fumbles recovered (3) ... the only FBS lineman to lead his team in tackles ... ranked first in the Big 12 and tied for third nationally in sacks (1.0 per game/13).

FS Dion Bailey (6'0, 200)
bc_bailey.jpg

40 YD: 4.62
10 YD: 1.64
BENCH: 14
VERTICAL: 34
BROAD: 9'5
SHUTTLE: 4.15
3-CONE DRILL: 6.97

BIO: Led USC with five interceptions and broke up six passes in 2013. He finished fourth on the team with 62 tackles, including 6 1/2 for losses. In 2012, recorded 80 tackles, including 8 for losses, with 5 pass deflections, a forced fumble and a team-high four interceptions. In 2011, tied for the team lead with 81 tackles, including a pair of sacks, earning Pac-12 Freshman Defensive Player of the Year.

Other FA signings:
Brock Coyle, LB, Montana
Chase Dixon, TE, Central Arkansas
Garry Gilliam, T, Penn State
Bronson Irwin, G, Oklahoma
Jimmy Legree, CB, South Carolina
Keith Price, QB, Washington
Andrew Pulu, DT, Eastern Washington

GCrow

Reaction score
As a Longhorns fan am pretty pumped we got Jeffcoat, woulda been happy using a early 5th on him. Guy has ideal LEO size but is absoultely clueless against the run. Wouldn't mind seeing him being used as a puss rusher from the SAM spot. Gonna need to be coached up a bit because Mack Brown is the worst.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
GCrow":2p1880yt said:
As a Longhorns fan am pretty pumped we got Jeffcoat, woulda been happy using a early 5th on him. Guy has ideal LEO size but is absoultely clueless against the run. Wouldn't mind seeing him being used as a puss rusher from the SAM spot. Gonna need to be coached up a bit because Mack Brown is the worst.

I disagree. I believe we already have too many puss rushers.

Largent80

Reaction score
Since Bailey is my last name.....well, hell I want a whole team of Bailey's......or a bottle at least.

jake206

Reaction score
Jeffcoat is going to stick. He has too much raw talent not to. Its going to be fun watching him develop.

kearly

Reaction score
12HawkFan":17mq0962 said:
How does Jeffcoat not get drafted????

GO HAWKS!!!

It's probably because he's a tweener, but still, the production and combine numbers are really hard to argue with.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Here's how Jeffcoat's measurables stack up with Chris Clemons, who was also undrafted:

99_Clemons1.JPG

Jeffcoat's 40 YD: 4.61
Clemons' 40 YD: 4.68

Jeffcoat's 10 YD: 1.63
Clemons' 10 YD: 1.72

Jeffcoat's BENCH: 18
Clemons' BENCH: 18

Jeffcoat's VERTICAL: 36
Clemons' VERTICAL: 35

Jeffcoat's BROAD: 10'3
Clemons' BROAD: 9'6

Jeffcoat's 3-CONE DRILL: 6.97
Clemons' 3-CONE DRILL: 7.48

Like Clemons, Jeffcoat has the untapped potential to get stronger and become more of a force against the run. Both suffered knee injuries in college that impaired their development. But Jeffcoat looked ready to go last season. It's not often that DEs lead their team in tackles the way Jeffcoat did.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawknation2014":a9s9lka6 said:
Here's how Jeffcoat's measurables stack up with Chris Clemons, who was also undrafted:

99_Clemons1.JPG

Jeffcoat's 40 YD: 4.61
Clemons' 40 YD: 4.68

Jeffcoat's 10 YD: 1.63
Clemons' 10 YD: 1.72

Jeffcoat's BENCH: 18
Clemons' BENCH: 18

Jeffcoat's VERTICAL: 36
Clemons' VERTICAL: 35

Jeffcoat's BROAD: 10'3
Clemons' BROAD: 9'6

Jeffcoat's 3-CONE DRILL: 6.97
Clemons' 3-CONE DRILL: 7.48

Like Clemons, Jeffcoat has the untapped potential to get stronger and become more of a force against the run. Both suffered knee injuries in college that impaired their development. But Jeffcoat looked ready to go last season. It's not often that DEs lead their team in tackles the way Jeffcoat did.
Awesome post, thanks.

chris98251

Reaction score
One thing you forgot, Clemons had been in the league a bit before we traded for him, we get Jeffcoat fresh and can get more mileage from the investment.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":11gygxbe said:
GCrow":11gygxbe said:

You guys are both confused. SAM was drafted by the Rams and he does not puss rush.

Anyway according to some posters on the Long horns rivals site Jeffcoat is a situational pass rusher at this stage because he wasn't correctly developed by the staff. Personally I wouldn't think his father would allow that to occur but if it is the case considering the numbers he managed anyway he could become beastly under our staffs guidance.

Basis4day

Reaction score
brimsalabim":sygl3puy said:
Hawk Finn":sygl3puy said:
GCrow":sygl3puy said:

You guys are both confused. SAM was drafted by the Rams and he does not puss rush.

Anyway according to some posters on the Long horns rivals site Jeffcoat is a situational pass rusher at this stage because he wasn't correctly developed by the staff. Personally I wouldn't think his father would allow that to occur but if it is the case considering the numbers he managed anyway he could become beastly under our staffs guidance.

Not sure if you're joking around. In the case that you're not:

SAM is name the Seahawks use to describe the Strongside Linebacker position. Same name scheme system as MIKE and WILL.