JeffCoat

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Excited to see how UDFA/All American Jackson Jeffcoat works out, listed as one of the best UDFA's. I remember his dad when he played for the Cowgirls... :?:

Largent80

Reaction score
You know what?....I have a feeling he is going to be a fine player.

He came to the perfect team to excell.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Was listening to softy earlier and the main reason he wasn't drafted was because of his injury history. Torn pectoral muscles 2 years in a row apparently. Tons of upside. He has the talent, let's just hope he can stay healthy. Love the signing.

Seafan

Reaction score
He's going to have a tough time making the roster. I'm a little surprised he didn't sign with Dallas.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seafan":ch601mbw said:
He's going to have a tough time making the roster. I'm a little surprised he didn't sign with Dallas.

I think Dallas said he was a tweener and didn't fit their system. Who knows who he would have chosen.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Seattle has a need for a LEO prospect to replace the loss of Chris Clemons.

godawg

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Jeffcoat isn't red shirted this year like Jesse Williams and Humble Thug. He needs time to get a stronger upper body and a year of conditioning will do him a world of good. Next year we will have a really fine Leo prospect.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
godawg":1jey8p12 said:
I'd be very surprised if Jeffcoat isn't red shirted this year like Jesse Williams and Humble Thug. He needs time to get a stronger upper body and a year of conditioning will do him a world of good. Next year we will have a really fine Leo prospect.

They'll really need him if they can't re-sign Avril.

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2lar12md said:
godawg":2lar12md said:

They'll really need him if they can't re-sign Avril.

Softy all said that Avril said Benson can be one of the top DE in the NFL . I think our stable of de is a lot deeper than we know.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Unsure why, but I've always been a UT fan. There was a time before many of you were born that they were the elite of the elite. Watching them struggle, like my Dawgs, in recent times have made me like them even more. Misery loves company? With that, I've seen a lot of Jeffcoat (name recognition makes him jump out at you). I always felt he was an excellent football player with great character and a great motor. So how does a guy like this, with his pedigree. NOT get drafted? . Me? I don't get it, but glad we got him and I agree with the poster above stating he will likely be redshirted. Was there an injury or something I missed? Reading his bio below should have others asking the same.

A four-year defensive lineman who appeared in 40 games with 33 starts … a 2013 consensus All-American and Ted Hendricks Award winner ... one of just five defensive end consensus All-Americans in school history (Carlton Massey, 1953; Bill Atessis, 1970; Tony Brackens, 1995; Brian Orakpo, 2008) ... a 2013 first team All-America selection by Walter Camp, Associated Press, the American Football Coaches Association and Lindy’s ... a second team All-America choice by the FWAA, USA TODAY, Athlon, SI.com, CBSSports.com ... earned the 2013 Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year (AP and San Antonio Express-News, and shared the coaches) ... a 2013 first team All-Big 12 choice (AP, coaches, Athlon, San Antonio Express-News, Sporting News, ESPN.com) ... a 2013 team captain and team MVP .. posted at least one sack in 18 of his last 26 games with 25 over that span ... has at least one tackle for loss in 33 of his last 36 games ... ended 2013 ranked third on the FBS active career sacks per game chart (0.69) and fourth in total sacks (27.5) ... his 60 career tackles for loss is tied for second in UT history (with Kiki DeAyala) and his 27.5 sacks rank seventh ... a semifinalist for the 2013 Chuck Bednarik Award ... on the 2013 Ted Hendricks Award Mid-Season Watch List ... named to the watch lists for the 2013 Walter Camp Award, Nagurski Trophy, Ted Hendricks Award, Lott Trophy and CFPA Defensive Awards ... also a 2013 preseason second team All-America choice by Lindy’s and SI.com, and fourth team selection by Athlon ... a 2013 preseason first team All-Big 12 pick by Athlon, Lindy’s and league media ... sidelined for the final seven games of 2012 after suffering a right pectoral muscle rupture vs. Oklahoma ... named to the 2012 Nagurski Trophy, Bednarik Award, Lombardi Award and CFPA Defensive Lineman of the Year Trophy watch lists … 2011 second team All-Big 12 selection (Coaches, AP, Kansas City Star, San Antonio Express-News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram) … named honorable mention Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year in 2010 … prep All-American, two-time first-team all-state and all-area and three-time first-team all-district selection at defensive end … named to PARADE’s All-America High School Football Team … earned first-team All-USA honors by USA Today … an EA SPORTS All-American first-team selection … selected to play in the 2010 Army All-American Bowl … a member of Rivals’ top 100 and ESPNU’s top 150 national prospects … ranked as the best defensive end and second-best overall prospect by ESPNU and the best strongside defensive end and 12th-best overall prospect by Rivals … rated as the state’s best defensive end by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football… father, Jim, was a standout defensive lineman for the Dallas Cowboys (1983-94) and Buffalo Bills (1995-97) and is currently as assistant coach (defensive line) at Colorado.