Rookies take the field - pics

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Paul Richardson's rocking a beard:

tempcst_K2V8359--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":7faco4tk said:
Norwood definitely has a couple of inches on Richardson.

Norwood is 1.3'' taller, per the combine measurements. Norwood is probably more of a split end/flanker in this offense, while Richardson is more of a slot receiver or flanker.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
hawknation2014":23b9j3sb said:
Bigpumpkin":23b9j3sb said:
Norwood is probably more of a split end/flanker in this offense, while Richardson is more of a slot receiver or flanker.
Uhh, no. Richardson is most definitely an 'X' (Split End) who plays on the outside and runs the deep routes to take the top off of the defense...Tate's old role. Norwood is a 'Z' (Flanker) and slot receiver in sub-packages, who plays inside, off of the LOS, on the shorter routes (just like he did at 'Bama).

razgriz737

Reaction score
The guys who have never been to Seattle are probably wondering why everyone complains about the weather here, haha.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1jspnpq8 said:
hawknation2014":1jspnpq8 said:
Bigpumpkin":1jspnpq8 said:
Norwood is probably more of a split end/flanker in this offense, while Richardson is more of a slot receiver or flanker.
Uhh, no. Richardson is most definitely an 'X' (Split End) who plays on the outside and runs the deep routes to take the top off of the defense...Tate's old role. Norwood is a 'Z' (Flanker) and slot receiver in sub-packages, who plays inside, off of the LOS, on the shorter routes (just like he did at 'Bama).

I'm not sure if we have had this disagreement before, but the X receiver (Split End) generally lines up on the line of scrimmage in our offense-- in contrast to the Z (Flanker) and Y (Slot) who typically line up off the line of scrimmage. That means the X receiver has less space to release downfield before getting jammed. It's usually the bigger, possession receiver who plays this role on the line of scrimmage. Admittedly, it's not clear that Norwood is strong enough to play this position as well as Tate did (the same could be said of course for Kearse). But I think it is pretty clear that Richardson is unlikely to play much at the X position, on the line of scrimmage, because that would negate his speed advantage without a free release downfield.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Some weird body type observations:

Jeffcoat looks like he has very long arms. He needs to hit the weights though.

Britt looks like he carries a ton of weight in his lower body. Up top he looks like a regular guy but his legs are massive. I was thinking there is no way he weighed 325 but now I can see it.

The 2 WRs look like they can add some muscle on their frames.

Exittium

Reaction score
Paul looks like percy if he lost all his muscle

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":27r7zbzm said:
Some weird body type observations:

Jeffcoat looks like he has very long arms. He needs to hit the weights though.

Britt looks like he carries a ton of weight in his lower body. Up top he looks like a regular guy but his legs are massive. I was thinking there is no way he weighed 325 but now I can see it.

The 2 WRs look like they can add some muscle on their frames.

Yeah, that lower body on Britt is freaking massive. That's going to give him power and explosiveness off the ball. He just has to add to his upper body strength to sustain his blocks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
How awesome is it to see Keith Price out on that field? Not sure he has what it takes but I'm glad he's getting a chance.

oasis

Reaction score
based on my infallible eyeball test, there is no way Paul Richardson is up to 180 lbs.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Look at the length of their legs. Norwood has 2" longer legs....upper body is close to the same. Both could use another 10-15# of muscle on their bodies.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2iwaj26i said:
Look at the length of their legs. Norwood has 2" longer legs....upper body is close to the same. Both could use another 10-15# of muscle on their bodies.

Same could be said for 90% of the people that frequent this forum.

Largent80

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":3h7mzwlj said:
Bigpumpkin":3h7mzwlj said:

Same could be said for 90% of the people that frequent this forum.

I'm sure there are a few that would like one of your lap dances as well.

salamander

Reaction score
Is Richardson any skinnier than these guys?

Marvin Harrison
draft-harrison-a.jpg

Reggie Wayne
230px Reggie Wayne