Justin Britt

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Might be a little too early, but everything I read or heard about this guy over the last week has been extremely positive. Britt even gives quality interviews, that give you the feeling that you can trust this dude to do everything in his power to be ready by season's start to be a reliable RT.

I think Cable got the 'right' guy for the job.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I heard a lot of stuff that sounded solid-if-unspectacular.

This one really needs to work out. He seems to have a great attitude and I don't think he's lacking for in work ethic, but I'm still a little bit hesitant given his tape (which didn't look second-round worthy).

We definitely didn't see enough of Bowie to be confident that he could step in and start if Britt's not ready. I can't wait to see these guys in preseason, the O-line's the only justifiable concern with this team and if we can fix it then there's no reason we wont be better than last year, like 19-0.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rookie camp is fun to talk about because it's cool to see all these picks and UFA's in our team's uniform, but until they get matched up against real NFL players in full pads when the real camp starts I can't put too much stock in how someone looks.

Richardson burned a 6th round safety playing CB. Awesome, but let's see how he does against the LOB before getting too excited.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hz8srqxt said:
Rookie camp is fun to talk about because it's cool to see all these picks and UFA's in our team's uniform, but until they get matched up against real NFL players in full pads when the real camp starts I can't put too much stock in how someone looks.

Richardson burned a 6th round safety playing CB. Awesome, but let's see how he does against the LOB before getting too excited.

Amen, brother! Veteran fans know when not to get excited....and that is in MAY!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Britt played in the SEC--who everyone in this forum knows is barely a step down from the pros. He played against Clowney. Cable loves him. Britt might not've been drafted if it wasn't for Cable. I bet he's our RT by the beginning of the season.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
"Veteran Fans" Mmmkay... some of you people here are so full of themselves its hilarious.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic and trusting the franchise that just won the Superbowl with the 2nd youngest team ever to make the best decisions for the team.

Nope, I must not be veteran enough....oh, wait... read the first sentence I wrote.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2d6drp23 said:
Britt played in the SEC--who everyone in this forum knows is barely a step down from the pros. He played against Clowney. Cable loves him. Britt might not've been drafted if it wasn't for Cable. I bet he's our RT by the beginning of the season.

Barely a step down? :177692:

And this kids, is why you don't drink and post.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He's my adopt-a-rookie for this year I have high hopes for him. But lets see him in training camp or maybe even in a preseason game before we go crazy. If he starts that only means good things for our OL and Russell Wilson's continued survival.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1hh71ael said:
He's my adopt-a-rookie for this year I have high hopes for him. But lets see him in training camp or maybe even in a preseason game before we go crazy. If he starts that only means good things for our OL and Russell Wilson's continued survival.

No offense but... having faith in a player off his first impression and because he came off as a down-to-earth guy, who isn't full of himself, and knows he has a tremendous opportunity in front of him but also knows he has to put in all the hard work to seize it... is crazy?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":13razyju said:
Nothing wrong with being optimistic and trusting the franchise that just won the Superbowl with the 2nd youngest team ever to make the best decisions for the team.

How did you make the leap from we don't put a lot of stock in rookie camp to "not trusting the franchise?"

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
From all the stuff being said about him on 710 and 950 after the rookie mini-camp, he looks the part. Big, but carries his 324 really well, looks very athletic for his size, knee bender, flexible ankles(yes they said that).

First impression is great, so far so good! Hopefully he gives Bowie seem competition.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":radalrf9 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":radalrf9 said:

How did you make the leap from we don't put a lot of stock in rookie camp to "not trusting the franchise?"

Because rookie camp or not, the people who hated this pick will hate it.

If Britt does well in TC, its going to be "don't get ahead of yourself but let's wait until PS"

Then if Britt does well in PS, its going to be "don't get ahead of yourself but let's wait until the actual Season"

But then if Britt wins the starting job, and does reasonably well during the season, but makes mistakes that generally all rookie Linemen will make it will be "see I told you so...he's horrible...the worst...not good enough...I told you. See, see, I told you. I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Until Kearly or some other Deity of Football Analysis tells them otherwise after quality film review, then it will be "Oh, well... he's still not great enough for a 2nd round pick".

jblaze

Reaction score
I like the kid and I think he has promise with some coaching and experience. If the season were to begin today, he would not start but I also wouldn't expect him to this early. He seems like he has the aptitude and work ethic to be good.

The one thing I'm not sure on is his run blocking. He needs to build up his upper body strength and that will happen.

Also in a RT, I like to see a mauler with attitude, a bully if you will. You need an enforcer on the OL and it's usually at the RT spot, not sure if this kid has that kind of ass kicking mentality but we will see.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2rw4xfrq said:
MizzouHawkGal":2rw4xfrq said:

No offense but... having faith in a player off his first impression and because he came off as a down-to-earth guy, who isn't full of himself, and knows he has a tremendous opportunity in front of him but also knows he has to put in all the hard work to seize it... is crazy?
You are preaching to the choir in my case. I just want to temper my expectations. ;)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jblaze":1v5kenda said:
Also in a RT, I like to see a mauler with attitude, a bully if you will. You need an enforcer on the OL and it's usually at the RT spot, not sure if this kid has that kind of ass kicking mentality but we will see.
He has attitude believe that.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
jblaze":n8m6wx4l said:

Didn't follow the draft that much, but I think he had that rep. Aggressive, attitude. I'm sure someone else remembers more.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":co4pl4a7 said:
Sgt. Largent":co4pl4a7 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":co4pl4a7 said:

Because rookie camp or not, the people who hated this pick will hate it.

If Britt does well in TC, its going to be "don't get ahead of yourself but let's wait until PS"

Then if Britt does well in PS, its going to be "don't get ahead of yourself but let's wait until the actual Season"

But then if Britt wins the starting job, and does reasonably well during the season, but makes mistakes that generally all rookie Linemen will make it will be "see I told you so...he's horrible...the worst...not good enough...I told you. See, see, I told you. I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Until Kearly or some other Deity of Football Analysis tells them otherwise after quality film review, then it will be "Oh, well... he's still not great enough for a 2nd round pick".

I like Britt just fine, and I think he will eventually be a quality starter.........maybe even this year.

But sorry, I can't put a lot of stock in rookie's playing against other rookies and dudes who didn't even get picked in the draft. When Britt pancakes Avril and Richardson burns ET for a long one, then I'll get excited about some of these guys.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Justin Britt ‏@JustinBritt68 14h
Seahawk through and through! #Compete

Justin Britt ‏@JustinBritt68 15h
Have I said how much I love being a Seattle Seahawk lately? #12s

HawkWow

Reaction score
CPHawk":i9vtfzkw said:
Lords of Scythia":i9vtfzkw said:

Barely a step down? :177692:

And this kids, is why you don't drink and post.

LOL...beat me to it. The SEC is a throwback division for sure, but far from unbeatable. It drives me bonkers that more schools don't just follow the lead of the stereotypical SEC team. USC and Stanford are closest from the Pac 12, Wisconsin and MSU from the big 12 (etc). It's an easy and proven recipe: Defense and linemen come first. Add a solid running game and a QB that can manage the game without turning the ball over. Saban's success is because of his recruits, not because of any earth shattering philosophy he's implemented to the game / conference. It's just old school football. But even still, beatable (see FSU).

Latest posts