Blount at ESPN predicts final 53

grizbob

Reaction score
:th2thumbs:
HoustonHawk82":deotvutx said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/113703/my-53-man-seahawks-roster-1-0

Well, I see a few names that will, more than likely, change, but looking at this...

Championship!

:th2thumbs: X...

Is it August yet?! :3:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":19axpf4k said:
Blount is a lazy man. We lost when ESPN assigned him to cover the Hawks.

Don't read his posts.

Agree. At least Sando provided some statistical food for thought, even if it was dry and unembellished.

Same here; don't read ESPN anymore.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I don't see Carpenter making it, frankly. Jeffcoat would probably not make it to the PS.

And: Garrett Scott on the PS?

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Ad Hawk":qfungrjt said:
Tech Worlds":qfungrjt said:

Don't read his posts.

Agree. At least Sando provided some statistical food for thought, even if it was dry and unembellished.

Okay, I'll bite...

So, tell me, oh wise and stylish 12's in the know, which news source(s) will provide: exacting, always-pleasurable, fact filled, up-to-date, and otherwise-trusted and bad-ass information? Which reporter(s)/site(s) can I read then?

Seafan

Reaction score
His guesses are as good as anyone's. I don't see how the team can afford to carry 3 QBs. The team can't likely risk some of his PS picks to the waiver wire. No matter what happens the 53 man roster is going to be stacked with talent.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blount has the kid with the heart condition on the practice squad :lol:

All you need to know about Terry Blount.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":24ebpv8s said:
Okay, I'll bite...

So, tell me, oh wise and stylish 12's in the know, which news source(s) will provide: exacting, always-pleasurable, fact filled, up-to-date, and otherwise-trusted and bad-ass information? Which reporter(s)/site(s) can I read then?

Not sure if I should reply since your audience of "wise and stylish 12's in the know" absolutely excludes me; but since you quoted...

I find that through most of last season, very little, if anything, was posted on ESPN before I read it here (because it had already been publicized via twitter, NFL.com, or even Seahawks.com or Fieldgulls). I'm not saying those options fit your criteria; only that Blount seemed always late to the party, and was simply regurgitating information that 12s here already knew or had discussed in some detail. He rarely ever provided the kind of analysis and outside-the-box statistics Sando provided, especially the comparisons within the NFCW. I also found he wrote far fewer articles with less depth than the reporters covering the other NFCW teams. I lost my interest and almost never look there anymore. Maybe things have changed?

I'm not really answering your question, yet, am I? Truth is, I don't know the best place to go. I read a few Fieldgulls articles, may watch an occasional video at .com, but usually it's here, the most stylin' place for hawk fans, where I get my news. Hawk fans here provide better analysis because of their knowledge of the team and ability to debate the issues, and with so many eyes on the news, feeds, and such, news gets here fast.

McGruff

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2kfeapcp said:
Ad Hawk":2kfeapcp said:
Tech Worlds":2kfeapcp said:

Don't read his posts.

Okay, I'll bite...

I like fieldgulls.com . . . nice round up of all the day's information plus pretty insightful original articles, even if they aren't insider pieces.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":21e6hdb2 said:
Okay, I'll bite...

.Net?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":czqu28ag said:
HoustonHawk82":czqu28ag said:
Okay, I'll bite...

Not sure if I should reply since your audience of "wise and stylish 12's in the know" absolutely excludes me; but since you quoted...

I find that through most of last season, very little, if anything, was posted on ESPN before I read it here (because it had already been publicized via twitter, NFL.com, or even Seahawks.com or Fieldgulls). I'm not saying those options fit your criteria; only that Blount seemed always late to the party, and was simply regurgitating information that 12s here already knew or had discussed in some detail. He rarely ever provided the kind of analysis and outside-the-box statistics Sando provided, especially the comparisons within the NFCW. I also found he wrote far fewer articles with less depth than the reporters covering the other NFCW teams. I lost my interest and almost never look there anymore. Maybe things have changed?

I'm not really answering your question, yet, am I? Truth is, I don't know the best place to go. I read a few Fieldgulls articles, may watch an occasional video at .com, but usually it's here, the most stylin' place for hawk fans, where I get my news. Hawk fans here provide better analysis because of their knowledge of the team and ability to debate the issues, and with so many eyes on the news, feeds, and such, news gets here fast.

All that and the fact that he doesn't even proof read his work before publishing it. Lazy ass mofo.

Erebus

Reaction score
Sorry to derail this Blount-bashing thread, but I'd like to comment on his projections. I predict O'Brien Schofield and Jackson Jeffcoat both make the roster at the expense of Mayowa and Pryor. I would also really like to see Spencer Ware and Eric Pinkins make the roster instead of Turbin and Coleman, but I'm not confident in that happening.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Some really hard decisions are coming. It's all about the competition.

After taking a minute to study this, I actually think he did a very good job. A couple guys who will really need to show something in practice are free agent pickup Greg Van Roten and Seventh Round pick Kiero Small.

Van Roten is undersized and was overpowered too much before being released by Green Bay. I understand why he wanted to add another guard, but Jeanpierre, Bailey, Bowie, and/or Britt could move to guard in a pinch if that was required. I would rather get Gilliam some much-needed game reps at OT than waste a spot on someone who is not needed.

Small is 5'8.5, runs a 4.9 40, and jumps a 22 inch vertical. He is a fan favorite as a Seventh Round pick, but he's also the worst athlete on the team and should be a long shot to make the roster over Spencer Ware. Ideally, Robert Turbin, who is already a proven third down pass blocker, would shift to fullback in a move that could extend his career while giving us a quicker, stronger athlete in the backfield.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Did someone forget to tell Blount that Garrett Scott got cut BEFORE he wrote this article?

This dude is garbage.

Re: Good Hawks news and info, Field Gulls, SDB, PFF, FO, and Grantland all have solid pieces where there is at least accurate information most of the time and the analysis, even if short-sighted, is solid. Hell, even Bleacher Report has guys like Cian Fahey, who has at least reasonable pieces whether or not I agree with them.

Sac

Reaction score
Seriously, someone should start a change.org petition to get this clown to cover NOT THE SEAHAWKS

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Terry Blount is to ESPN

as

Aditi Kinkhabwala is to NFL network