2014 Seahawks: Most complete team in NFL history?

Giblien

Reaction score
Based on the talent we have right now, how likely do you think it is that this 2014 team will be the most complete overall team in NFL history?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I love our team but there are too many question marks on the O-line to go that far.

There are also still question marks at WR depth; you can't rely on rookies or Sid's knee. Or Harvin for that matter.

We also lost some D-line depth.

So, I think we are a pretty stacked team, but I dunno about 'most complete in history'. We don't even know who two or three of our starting offensive linemen will be.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Could be right up there with the 2011 Eagles.

kearly

Reaction score
I wonder which team holds that distinction? Probably the 1991 Redskins or one of those late 80s 49ers teams.

The Seahawks are pretty close. If they finish #1 in DVOA again this year it might be the first time that has ever happened back to back to back.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
You must be new to football or just became a Seahawks fan if u think this is even a discussion. Bottomline: No. We are not even close to being the most complete team in NFL history..

JKent82

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1h7m6yjg said:
Could be right up there with the 2011 Eagles.

Not that I don't disagree with the sentiment...

But we got a little more going for us.

russell-Wilson-again.jpg

drdiags

Reaction score
The Chuck Knoll Pittsburgh teams seemed to be, along with the Walsh 9ers. Offensively, defensively they were solid teams. If the Seahawks OL was a whole lot better and their WRs more lethal, they would have a chance to be considered one of the most complete teams but others have mentioned the other average areas on the team. I know some aren't gaga over the TE position.

It is all in the eyes of the beholder. Folks that like scoring aren't that much in love with the Seahawks offense, if they played like they did in Atlanta in the 2nd half all the time, there would be a lot more buzz about them. Nobody started going seriously bunkers about Brady until BB had no choice but to move to a lightning strike offense.

So depending on how you want to look at things, they may be the most complete team you can remember watching. I respectfully disagree.