Mitchell and Ness Hawks jerseys

MB12

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone had ordered a Mitchell and Ness Hawks throwback jersey? How good is the accuracy and quality?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Never bought a jersey by them, but I've got a hat, sonics track jacket and a couple shirts by them and I've been pleased with all of it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MB12":7a6dertj said:
Was just wondering if anyone had ordered a Mitchell and Ness Hawks throwback jersey? How good is the accuracy and quality?
Im sure they are of very good quality, but the ones I've seen as for accuracy they are a bit off. I believe from 1976 thru the 1980's on the real game jerseys the numbers were "painted" on not sewn on. The only jerseys I've seen that are throwbacks from them (Largent, Zorn, and the rare Easley) are sewn on numbers.

largenutz

Reaction score
Whoa, whoa, whoa, the accuracy is fine, those throwbacks that you saw were either fakes or replicas, if you order from the site or from some of the old time collectors or reputable shops that carry the out of stock jerseys you get the top quality. I have the 1985 Largent AWAY, with the heavy screen print number n name plate, its over 10 years old and has been washed 50 plus times still bright , bright white looks almost like new. They only made one run of these away jerseys but still make the home. Back then and up until a couple years ago all they made for the hawks was the $300 85 largent. Now they got a few other players in the lower tier $100 brand.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
largenutz":35z1yxmg said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, the accuracy is fine, those throwbacks that you saw were either fakes or replicas, if you order from the site or from some of the old time collectors or reputable shops that carry the out of stock jerseys you get the top quality. I have the 1985 Largent AWAY, with the heavy screen print number n name plate, its over 10 years old and has been washed 50 plus times still bright , bright white looks almost like new. They only made one run of these away jerseys but still make the home. Back then and up until a couple years ago all they made for the hawks was the $300 85 largent. Now they got a few other players in the lower tier $100 brand.
Ok, cool thanks for the clarification. Yep , I've seen the lower tier ones at the mall then, sewn on numbers.

Riley12

Reaction score
My daughter bought me one of their throwback Easley jerseys about 4 or 5 years ago.

The numbers and name are sewn on, but it is very high quality material and even though I am very much a snob when it comes to jerseys, I like it a lot.

I also have a M&N 1985 throwback with RILEY and "12" silkscreened on. Again, the material is very high
quality. The sleeve hawks are excellent, but I am not as happy about the numbers, though.

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
Thanks very much guys, I think I will make a splash then :)

A

Anonymous

Sports Hernia":jmgjiqn7 said:
MB12":jmgjiqn7 said:
Im sure they are of very good quality, but the ones I've seen as for accuracy they are a bit off. I believe from 1976 thru the 1980's on the real game jerseys the numbers were "painted" on not sewn on. The only jerseys I've seen that are throwbacks from them (Largent, Zorn, and the rare Easley) are sewn on numbers.

Authentic (actual) Seattle Seahawks player's jerseys had screen-printed names, and numbers, up through the 1992 season. In 1993, the name-bars were stitched-on while the numbers remained screen-printed (Rick Mirer's rookie year). From 1994 on (the NFL 75th anniversary patch year), the numbers and names were both stitched-on and have been ever since.

I have never owned a Mitchell and Ness product, so I can't comment on the quality (or lack thereof), but they are purely a reproduction brand, not and authentic NFL team-worn brand.