Best Player in Team History

Throwdown

Reaction score
Peppers over Steve Smith for Carolina is a joke.

Hard to argue with the Largent choice though.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, if you only go by dominance at his position, Easley would be in the mix. But if you take dominance at position plus longevity, Walt wins, hands down.

I love Largent as every Seahawk fan should, but IMHO he was never truly a dominant player.

A

Anonymous

Trouble is, that NFL history is forever clouded with the stigma which states players who scored all the points are better-remembered over those that either cleared the way for the score, or those that prevented it.

Pity, but what can we mere sheep in the fields to do about it?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Anthony Munoz is the greatest left tackle ever.

warden

Reaction score
Walter Jones is the best player in Seahawk history, but he won't get the credit because his great performance does not show up on a stat sheet.

Holmgren who as a coordinator for the 49ers, coached Rice, Montana, Young, and as a head coach, Favre, said that the best offensive player he has ever coached is Walter Jones

warden

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2ogkjgaf said:
Anthony Munoz is the greatest left tackle ever.

Debatable, I would give Walt the nod over Munoz

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Big Walter Jones is easily the Best Hawk of all times as he had something like FIVE holding calls his entire career.

FIVE!

Most likely the best left tackle of the entire NFL history, Munoz was a holding SOB if memory serves me right, Big Walt just threw you around like a rag doll.

GO HAWKS!!!

A

Anonymous

In terms of a player that contributed the most on the scoreboard for a relatively long period of time, HOF'er Steve Largent gets my vote.

When I think of short to medium term success, that translated into a super bowl appearance and an NFL MVP award, I think of Shaun Alexander.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I just think it's too hard to compare players from different eras and different eras.

Largent is my favorite player of all time. Walt May be the best LT of all time and Cortez and Kenny Easley were monsters. I can't choose between any of them.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
sutz":21f2207n said:
Well, if you only go by dominance at his position, Easley would be in the mix. But if you take dominance at position plus longevity, Walt wins, hands down.

I love Largent as every Seahawk fan should, but IMHO he was never truly a dominant player.

He wasn't?

Threedee

Reaction score
It has to be either Largent or Jones, because Jones is the greatest LT of all-time, and Largent was the greatest of all-time at the time of his retirement. You have to figure that if Largent had either began his career in 1986 and retired after 1999 (instead of 1976-89) that the evolution of the passing game would have naturally inflated his numbers to be more competitive with the modern WRs who surpassed his numbers.

I like Largent, but it would be neat to add #71 to the display of #80 and #12.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd have to go with Largent.

Walter Jones was amazing but slight edge goes to Largent, mainly because without him what would the Seahawks have become? For decades he was basically one of the bright spots. Without him I don't know if the hawks keep a strong enough presence to survive. Even with his legacy this team almost moved to LA, how much sooner would that have happened had we not had one of the greatest receivers of all time here?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Largent played for an expansion franchise. He did what he did, which was DOMINATE at an unheard of level for his generation, with absolutely no one around him but Jim Zorn.

Walter was awesome, but he just can't be said to be better than Largent, IMO.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
To those of us who have been focused on the Seahawks since 1976, there is no question that Steve Largent carried this team on his back for many years. Hence, he and the Seahawk name are inseparable. During his era, Walter was the center of focus, yet we had other Offensive players who also had the "spotlight". Walter was the foundation for our Offense.....just not the "shooting star" like Steve was during his playing days.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Without Largent,the Hawks would not have won nearly as much as they did ..He made some of toughest catches ..He was the first Hawk Hof and he is class act..