OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ezoq6oa said:
That's not Bowie, it's Carpenter.

And everyone has said Baldwin's been balling something serious in OTA's

Damn . . . my mistake. It looks like he's still carrying a lot of bad weight, but at least better than a year ago.

tempcst_004--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1i06ztyp said:
Throwdown":1i06ztyp said:

Damn . . . my mistake. It looks like he's still carrying a lot of bad weight, but at least better than a year ago.

tempcst_004--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Damn he has lost a ton of weight or re distributed it. Also show me a O Line that looks like Chippendale models, most carry a bit of belly weight.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
tempRM2_9999--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

This was Baldwin's 61-yard TD from Wilson against broken coverage by Maxwell. It sounds like Maxwell has been beat a few times in these OTAs, but that comes with the territory when playing opposite Sherman against a receiving corps as talented as this one.

Caroll said Baldwin is capable of playing any of three WR positions: flanker (which he played last year), slot, or split end (which he will play opposite Harvin):
“He’ll start outside for us at the split end spot, but he’ll be all over the field. You’ll have a hard time tracking him down because he’s capable of playing all of the positions and all of the spots and running all of the routes. So we’ll do everything with him.”

Baldwin: "When I’m in the slot, sometimes you have to be confined to certain rules because that’s just the way the slot is. In order to be outside as well, you have to be more flexible in doing different things in terms of releases, in terms of the way you run your routes and that’s exciting for me. [Playing split end is] another challenge. I played outside in college, so I’m just going back to that. It’s just re-learning what I’ve learned before.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 9b97f8dc57

chris98251

Reaction score
Well that explains his re-signing, if he can line up wide, slot or anything else his value is much higher then Tates was. He isn't slow just not blazing fast, in fact his football fast speed looks pretty good. I go back to Jerry Rice who ran a 4.65 40, Walsh said that when he's on the field you can see his football speed is much faster. Baldwin I think is that same sneaky speed type.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
chris98251":3hu6wj26 said:
Well that explains his re-signing, if he can line up wide, slot or anything else his value is much higher then Tates was. He isn't slow just not blazing fast, in fact his football fast speed looks pretty good. I go back to Jerry Rice who ran a 4.65 40, Walsh said that when he's on the field you can see his football speed is much faster. Baldwin I think is that same sneaky speed type.

Sneaky fast is a good way to describe Baldwin. He's got those choppy fast steps and quick cutting ability to burn defenders. He also ran a 4.47 at his Pro Day, so he's plenty track fast as well.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Baldwin has solid speed posting:

1.54s/ 2.53s/4.48s in his 10/20/40 yard splits at his Pro Day.

He also has quality explosion posting:

37 inch Vert/ 10'03 Broad Jump at his Pro Day

But what separated him from any WR that has been on this roster the last 4 years (until Kevin Norwood was drafted) has been Baldwin's insane foot speed and footwork with DB posting:

An elite 6.56s in the 3-Cone drill.

Norwood had a 6.68s 3-Cone.

And there was a guy in this draft that went un-drafted and all his measurements and agility tests reminded me of Doug Baldwin, even his highlight real was Baldwin-esque.

The guy went to Jacksonville, and he had a wicked 6.52s 3-Cone drill. I'm hoping he can stick on with the Jags despite them drafting multiple WRs.

Seahawks, Douglas Baldwin: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68487&draftyear=2011&genpos=WR

Jaguars, Damien Copeland: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=92397&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

It would be sweet to see the Jaguars come together and start owning the AFC South, and even sweeter to see a Jaguars/Seahawks Superbowl considering how many transplants have went to the Jags and Bradley's team sharing a similar philosophy.

Simply, I would love to see Pete Caroll's coaching tree dominant the NFL for the next decade.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
That must have been some throw by Wilson. Baldwin looks to have caught it around the 5, about 55 yards from scrimmage and add at least another 5 for the drop back. 60 yards in the air on a dime? Neat.

TXHawk

Reaction score
I bet those nuns heard some language that was a little saltier than what they are used to.

The Radish

Reaction score
Great pictures, thanks very much for posting them.

Loved the Nun participating. lol

Language? I worked at a Nuns retirement building for a few months many years ago and trust me, they use football language quite efficiently.

:lol:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Throwdown":3p2m2yw2 said:

Carp is at guard. It IS Gilliam at LT with the first team.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
rideaducati":24if3rxm said:
Throwdown":24if3rxm said:

Carp is at guard. It IS Gilliam at LT with the first team.

That is Gilliam, but I mislabeled the picture of Carpenter that you can see above.

King Dog

Reaction score
Damn he has lost a ton of weight or re distributed it. Also show me a O Line that looks like Chippendale models, most carry a bit of belly weight.

It ain't easy being Chippendale Sweezy
LnWheCP

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TXHawk":1ybxdihv said:
I bet those nuns heard some language that was a little saltier than what they are used to.

I doubt that. Have you ever been in a room full of sexually frustrated women before?

TXHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3d1bacym said:
TXHawk":3d1bacym said:

I doubt that. Have you ever been in a room full of sexually frustrated women before?

I've entered a room with sexually frustrated women before but never left one. :mrgreen:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
TXHawk":195a5css said:
Seanhawk":195a5css said:
TXHawk":195a5css said:

I've entered a room with sexually frustrated women before but never left one. :mrgreen:

They get to the door pretty quick, don't they?