Interview with high energy coach Ken Norton JR 6-2

Jville

Reaction score
Ken Norton ..... expecting best year yet for his linebackers >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/podcast-dave-softy-mahler-softy/ken-norton-jr-62-24847026/[/urltargetblank]

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Yea I heard that, man I was fired up afterward! Was ready to hit the practice field and get after it!

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I love Ken Norton Jr. interviews. Thanks for the heads up.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think Norton will succeed Dan Quinn as DC either after this year or next.

Who becomes the next LBer coach is the bigger question?

I could see the Seahawks pushing hard for former ST assistant and current UCLA Defensive Coordinator plus ex-NFL LBer, Jeff Ulbrich.

It would also be cool to see Lofa Tatupu just retire already, and maybe convince Pete into becoming an assistant under Norton, JR.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Ken Norton is just the man. Far and away my favorite coach on this team. Always fun to watch at training camp.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I don't think Norton aspires to be a DC. The DC is merely Carroll's puppet. For example, Nick Holt was the DC at USC for many years under Carroll.

As LB Coach, Norton relentlessly advocates Carroll's message to the team and gets to develop players at the position he knows best. Ultimately, I think Norton will takeover as HC after Carroll retires.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Love the part of Norton yelling at Softy "THAT'S WHY YOU'RE ON A RADIO SHOW, AND I'M OUT COACHING!"

kearly

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3359igz3 said:
Kris Richard is Quinn's heir apparent. Norton does not aspire to be a DC.

I'd be interested to see how Richard would do as Pete's DC. He's got A+ vocal leadership skills, and he's done an amazing job coaching up the secondary. Not sure how he'd do as DC, but in other areas we've seen obvious talent in him.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Talking about replacing coaches as they move on, Pete mentioned in the town hall meeting that he like to promote from within, to keep young guys moving up instead of getting "hot shot guys" from outside.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I just got a chance to listen to this. Wow. Ken Norton Jr. is so great.