Hey guys remember the time

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We won the freaking Super Bowl?

:D

(I just watched it again for the first time in 4 months. Weeeeee!)

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It's weird, I still have my recording of the game, and I've gone into it to look for specific plays that I wanted to relive, but I still haven't rewatched the game in full even once yet. I'm always kind of shrugging and picking the NFCCG instead, since even though we didn't know it, that turned out to be the de facto Super Bowl.

I should remedy this though, and watch the SB in full again.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2u5dc184 said:
It's weird, I still have my recording of the game, and I've gone into it to look for specific plays that I wanted to relive, but I still haven't rewatched the game in full even once yet. I'm always kind of shrugging and picking the NFCCG instead, since even though we didn't know it, that turned out to be the de facto Super Bowl.

I watched the 4th quarter of the NFCCG before.. and I was still nervous as all hell even though I knew the outcome. Crazy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Watch it the other day, still happy like a fat kid at an ice cream truck.

Hell just thinking about it makes me happy.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":5hhandg1 said:
MidwestHawker":5hhandg1 said:

I watched the 4th quarter of the NFCCG before.. and I was still nervous as all hell even though I knew the outcome. Crazy.

Yeah I've relived a lot of the emotions too. 49ers score, I get angry. Complete silliness since I know how the story ends, but I guess when I rewatch the Green Mile I keep getting mad at that evil prison guard too.

byau

Reaction score
I just rotate in between to keep things fresh

1) Saints
2) 49ers
3) Super Bowl
4) Seahawks 2013-2014 Super Bowl Season Highlight
5) Super Bowl 48 SFX

Try it :D

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I started to rewatch the Saints game, but couldn't resist my insatiable urge to fast forward to Marques Colston losing his mind and throwing a lateral like five yards forward instead of stepping out of bounds.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I have a few games from last season...including our loss at ninnerville. I am considering watching that game too. I suppose I need to get out campin or sumthin.....or not. :p :p :p

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

byau

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1eef0rgv said:
I started to rewatch the Saints game, but couldn't resist my insatiable urge to fast forward to Marques Colston losing his mind and throwing a lateral like five yards forward instead of stepping out of bounds.

Interesting that this was a called play by the coaches, and that they would try that cross-field throw in such bad weather.

Still, live and learn. Hope that Colston gets over that because he was pretty clutch in that last drive otherwise.

byau

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1kx2y89w said:
I have a few games from last season...including our loss at ninnerville. I am considering watching that game too. I suppose I need to get out campin or sumthin.....or not. :p :p :p

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Looking forward to Wilson getting signed and watching him and Kap go at it for years.

Gotta respect Kap's physical gifts and if he attains the mental game Wilson has that will be quite scary.

I'd love to see the two work to outdo each other year after year

That being said, don't want to hijack this thread :) Did someone hear say something about us winning the SB?

superbowl48sfx.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmq8DlcfGi8

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Man NFL Game Rewind is so sweet. Strongly recommend it to everyone. Especially with sports about to hit that dreaded dead period where it's just baseball for almost 2 months.

So much fun to go back and watch these games. I'm watching games from our torrid run in 2012 now. Crazy to think what could have been had they not punted the game against Miami - I think winning the division would have eventually lead to a berth in the championship game at worst.

Such a fun time to be a Seahawks fan. Cherish these years folks, don't know how long they will be around.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
byau":25antocl said:
Looking forward to Wilson getting signed and watching him and Kap go at it for years.

Gotta respect Kap's physical gifts and if he attains the mental game Wilson has that will be quite scary.

I'd love to see the two work to outdo each other year after year

Our own Magic vs. Bird rivalry... works for me!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
byau":21mpr120 said:
Interesting that this was a called play by the coaches, and that they would try that cross-field throw in such bad weather.

Still, live and learn. Hope that Colston gets over that because he was pretty clutch in that last drive otherwise.

I guess I'm a bit unconvinced that Sean Payton (or his OC) actually called that play; a big part of me thinks that he was throwing himself on the bomb to protect his player.

It was certainly insanity on the part of whoever made the decision.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I watch it weekly along with the SoundFX for the game. I always see something new.

Last time I watched it I focused on Pete's decision to not go for it when we got the ball back right before the end of the half. He talked himself out of going for it--THANKFULLY!

ivotuk

Reaction score
I watched the BluRay last night with the sound (Surround Sound) up really loud and man did I get emotional. I didn't even realize how loud it was until the ending and I got up to go in the kitchen. Loud is good.

Malcolm Smith would be a starter on any other team. I laughed because he's smart, he follows Sherman and Maxwell around looking for turnovers, and not the apple variety.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There were a few times they narrowly missed putting 6 on the board instead of 3 as well (Harvin jet sweep nearly went to the house, Kearse nearly had a TD but it was broken up in the end zone, WT3 nearly had a pick 6 but slipped and fell on a 4th and short, then the last drive that started deep in Donkos territory after the forced fumble).

We literally could have put a 60 burger on them if we executed flawlessly. To me that is just unbelievable.

byau

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3uewaljb said:
byau":3uewaljb said:

I guess I'm a bit unconvinced that Sean Payton (or his OC) actually called that play; a big part of me thinks that he was throwing himself on the bomb to protect his player.

It was certainly insanity on the part of whoever made the decision.

Agreed. I think they were protecting the player too. Seems very very bizarre to not just go out of bounds on the play.

byau

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1tciy6pq said:
I watch it weekly along with the SoundFX for the game. I always see something new.

Yup, I love watching crowd reactions and player reactions.

On the Seahawks 2013-2014 highlight dvd, check out the slo mo on the first jet sweep by Harvin and in the background as you start seeing reactions of the sideline all of the sudden Coach Carroll's face gets into the shot right as Harvin is trying to stay in bounds. The reaction of Coach trying to body-english Harvin to stay inbounds is awesome :D !!