And we love beating him

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seriously, nobody has posted this yet?

On the rivalry between him and San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh: “I think Jim’s a great coach. I watched him in college and I've watched him San Francisco. He’s done a fantastic job and molded a style of play to be a big force in our division. And we love beating him.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks

The Radish

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Pete would make such a comment. Very unlike him. Sounds more like what we would say.

;) :les:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The Radish":1a1dpqfh said:
I'm really surprised Pete would make such a comment. Very unlike him. Sounds more like what we would say.

That was just the last comedic remark on a very long monologue about how the team doesn't have any rivals and doesn't look at any of their opponents that way. He really was trying to make the point that the 49ers or anyone else are no more special to them than any other team in the NFL.

It's a funny soundbite though, so obviously that's the only part that gets sent out anywhere.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love it. Shoot, he's right, Harbaugh is a hell of a football coach. They don't like eachother, the fans don't like eachother, the teams don't like eachother etc.
It's gonna' be a great rivarly for awhile.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
DavidSeven":nn8hv34u said:
It's a funny soundbite though, so obviously that's the only part that gets sent out anywhere.

Yep, agreed. In that way it's like Harbaugh's "above reproach" comment, and I have no doubt it will have as much traction among some segments of the 9ers fanbase. (implication being that I won't be one of them :) ).

Jville

Reaction score
The Radish":mt2viqi5 said:

Just playing to the Town Hall audience.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
All the crybaby 49ers fans in every comment section are calling Pete "classless" for this comment. Go figure.

Jville

Reaction score
That has been addressed ............ "ignore the noise"

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Sounds like a compliment the way he said it imo. Usually you say you love beating teams that are really good and competitive, not terrible teams lol.

Giedi

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jm74h3t said:
Love it. Shoot, he's right, Harbaugh is a hell of a football coach. They don't like eachother, the fans don't like eachother, the teams don't like eachother etc.
I agree, it's true the teams, fans, and coaches don't like each other. I don't know about rivalry if one or the other team falls by the wayside. If both teams are good then there is a rivalry. There is no Seattle vs Rams or Seattle vs Cardinals rivalry because neither one of these teams match up to Seattle very well.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Giedi":1lecty4x said:
SoulfishHawk":1lecty4x said:
I agree, it's true the teams, fans, and coaches don't like each other. I don't know about rivalry if one or the other team falls by the wayside. If both teams are good then there is a rivalry. There is no Seattle vs Rams or Seattle vs Cardinals rivalry because neither one of these teams match up to Seattle very well.

Cardinals did pretty well against us last time. We'll see how they deal with our added element of speed......AND hopefully an improved OL.