I met a huge fan of Derrick Coleman in Gold Beach, Oregon

Jville

Reaction score
This fan is the gas attendant sporting the authentic Derrick Coleman jersey at the 76 filling station across from Ireland's beach front motel. I asked him why he chose a Derrick Coleman jersey. He informed me that his boss, the station operator, is a huge Seahawk fan and season ticket holder. He then informed me that his boss took him to his first NFL game at Century Link. He spoke, glowingly, of his 12th man experience.

At seasons end, his boss gave all employees their choice of Seahawk jersey in celebration of the Seahawwk's super bowl victory. In choosing Derrick Coleman, this attendant explained his reasons thru reciting the stories of Derrick's acts of compassion and the examples he sets for all of us. If you are ever in Gold Beach Oregon, be sure and stop in at the 76 gas station across from Ireland's. Like so many 12s, the zeal for what they do is infectious. It will make your day.

Here is the latest act to add to the growing legend of Derrick Coleman >>>> [urltargetblank]http://sportspressnw.com/2185862/2014/thiel-seahawks-fb-coleman-busts-a-fine-move[/urltargetblank]

Derrick Coleman2 e1402425572991
The Tribe of Twelves grew by at least one Sunday night. Had nothing to do with a big thing like a scoreboard.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
pretty funny what the national perception of this team is vs. reality.

kearly

Reaction score
I lived in Gold Beach for a couple years when I was a kid. I think I last visited there two summers ago. I'll be sure to check out that station the next time I go through.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Not really on topic but I once ran out of gas 4 o'clock in the morning in what I know call P.O.O., USA (for Port Orford, Oregon) had to wait two hours because you can't serve your self gas in Oregon.

Definitely not on topic but I don't think Derrick Coleman jersey sighting is that rare, since his Duracell commercial he's built quite a following. Especially in Seattle where we love to love and celebrate FullBacks.

One time I saw a dude sporting Seahawks #99...and I had to do the double check and make sure it was really Tony McDaniel on the back. That was a rare sighting. First and only time I've seen a McDaniel.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
kearly":1n86zdax said:
I lived in Gold Beach for a couple years when I was a kid. I think I last visited there two summers ago. I'll be sure to check out that station the next time I go through.
:th2thumbs: When you roll in and dismount, give them a "Go Hawks" greeting for me.

Gold Beach (population 2200 or so) is accessible by land, sea and air. If anyone decides to overnight in Gold Beach, I recommend Ireland's Rustic Lodges or it's sister Gold Beach Inn. They are directly across the street from the Go Hawks 76 station. That lodging shares three wonderful outdoor spas and deck down on the beach. It has become my get-away home especially during the off season.

I also recommend bringing an appetite. The talent of Gold Beach cooks is exceptional. Fresh daily ingredients...always. Friends and family owned restaurants. Their small town passion makes a difference.

Evan's "Barnacle Bistro" consistently fresh ingredients and my favorite.
DSCN0292

Evan's mother Dixie is a partner at Fisherman's Direct of Gold Beach, Oregon. Fisherman's Direct has become my favorite "wild seafood" source. They catch, can, smoke, flash freeze and deliver directly to me. I'm very picky about what goes into this body...just like Derrick, the Seahawks and residents of Gold Hill.

Go Hawks!

ManBunts

Reaction score
Who doesn't love Coleman!? Seriously, he's one of those players that you can't help but admire. Anyone that doesn't is probably either a satanist or a 49er fan.