Votes: 11 16.2%

Votes: 23 33.8%

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I was talking with a co-worker about the NFL Networks "Caught in the draft" about the Steelers 74 draft where they took 4 HOFers.

While 4 HOFers in one draft is ridiculous, it got me thinking, based on our players current trajectory, how many of our current guys would get elected into the HOF?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Wilson
Sherman
Chancellor
Thomas

If they stay healthy and performing at this level for years.

I doubt Lynch makes it, in spite of his value to this team the past few seasons.

Sac

Reaction score
Russell Wilson
Richard Sherman
Earl Thomas

Kevin Williams

Maybe Percy
Maybe Lynch
Maybe Kam

Wagz if he has a long, productive, injury free career has an outside shot.

Maybe more, but it's hard to say since most of the team is so
young.

Cartire

Reaction score
Wilson
Sherman
Thomas

Unless something changes, their current trajectory is HOF.

Chancellor
Harvin

Going injury free for at least 90% of the rest of their career and keeping current level of play, probably HOF

Lynch

If he can accrue at least 4-5 more years of solid 1200+ seasons, hes a lock. If he gets 2-3 more, a maybe at best.

Paul Richardson

Early prediction dark horse 100-1 odds. But Im calling it now. We can resurrect this thread in 25 years when im right on our social media devices called MyBrain.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
More Lombardi's = more HOF's

I agree with most of the above, with Lynch having an outside shot, if he gets a couple of more Super Bowl rings, he should be a no brainer!

Johnny

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is the only lock for the HOF....

If Sherman plays the way he's been playing for the next 5-6 year then I would say Sherm would make the HOF..

I don't see Kam being able to make the hall, just based on the media's love of stats (Int's for the secodary)

If Wilson wins another super bowl or two and has a very good stat line at the end of his career then Russel will make the HOF.....

Other than those four players I don't think anyone else on this team has a shot at the HOF.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Thomas: 4 years, 2 (3?) all-pros already, 1 Super Bowl
Sherman: 3 years, 2 all-pros, 1 Super Bowl
Wilson: 2 years, 2 pro bowls, 1 Super Bowl, best two year start ever by a qb

Those are all, albeit early, undoubtedly HOF trending starts to careers. Still a lot to be written though.

Kevin Williams: multiple times all-pro, 2000s team of the decade, a Super Bowl should lock it up for him.

Unger: now, hear me out. Not a HOF caliber performer at center, but he is now at the point, like Jeff Saturday before him, where he is going to keep making probowls given his name and the team he plays for. He could possibly end his career with like 7 probowls and 1-3 Super Bowls. Playing for a run heavy team at a position without stats...that resume would put him in contention considering that the writers can't really evaluate oline play.

Kam and Lynch are ring of honor dudes.

kearly

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Hall of Fame is not just about raw numbers, cornerstone players from a multiple championship team are given extra consideration. Players with a lot of personality and "fame" seem to be at an advantage too.

Wilson, Sherman and Earl are on a first ballot trajectory. I think Kam probably is too after establishing his reputation so much during the 2013 postseason.

I think if Lynch has 3 more years like the last 3, he gets in easily, especially if Seattle has multiple rings over that period. He is one of the most famous runners in recent NFL history, and a famous personality / identity as well. And production wise, he just needs two more 1400 yard seasons to reach the 10k club, which is about the range where you start seeing RBs considered for the HoF.

The hard part is getting those seasons out of Lynch, I would be surprised if he has that much of a future ahead of him, though he hasn't slowed down yet.

I think Harvin will have to get into the HoF for his kick returning exploits. Our offense will make it hard for him to rack up pro-bowl bids.

Unger had a tough season last year but he's become a reputation player at a position that is pure reputation with very few standout players. Unger already has 2 pro-bowls, if he finishes with 5 or 6 and a bunch of rings, not hard to see him getting in, even if he maybe doesn't deserve such a distinction.

Lots of "maybe" players on this team. But Seattle only had 5 pro-bowlers last year despite having hands down the NFL's best roster, which shows just how much Pete spreads the ball around with this team. But I think Pete cares infinitely more about Championships than awards, and the HoF is an award, albeit the ultimate one.

Speaking of which, I think if Pete gets three rings he's definitely in no matter what. Ditto JS.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
kearly":3pm4ih7l said:
Players with a lot of personality and "fame" seem to be at an advantage too.
Is it like the MLB where snubbed writers could sway the vote. Marshawn for example...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Lynch has the greatest run in NFL history and a Super Bowl ring. I'd think he's a shoe in for HOF.

So at least 5. Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor. We'll have to wait and see on Harvin.

Mick063

Reaction score
When the team leaders are asked about post Super Bowl let down, the response is always the same.

They are driven to win multiple Super Bowls and become legendary. They openly talk about being regarded as the best team ever, the best players ever, the best quarterback ever. Wilson is at the fore front of such "crazy talk".

This is their motivation.

Look at HOF history. Multiple rings, a colorful nick name, a love affair with fans, a growing fan base. All add to the HOF resume.

Players that you think are borderline can be included in the discussion because the book has yet to be written. It just depends on how collectively great they want to be. Remember that they were the youngest Super Bowl victors ever. There is much room to grow.

zifnab32

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":a283l485 said:
Lynch has the greatest run in NFL history and a Super Bowl ring. I'd think he's a shoe in for HOF.

So at least 5. Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor. We'll have to wait and see on Harvin.

We all love Lynch, but he's definitely not a shoe in for the HOF. I think some of you guys are underestimating how hard it is to get into the HOF.

A few more modern RBs in the hall:

Emmitt Smith
18,355 yards / 164 TDs (!). 3 Superbowl wins, 8 probowls.
Marshall Faulk
12,279 yards / 100 TDs and 6,875 receiving yards and 36 receiving TDs. 7 probowls.
Curtis Martin
14,101 yards / 90 TDs. 5 probowls.

Marshawn:
7,389 yards / 58 TDs.

He'd probably need to at least catch Curtis Martin in terms of stats. If Marshawn kept up a 1,200 yard per year pace, he'd have to keep playing at that level for another 5-6 years to catch him.

Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman are probably the best bets, but they are nowhere close to locks, they need to stay healthy and productive for another 5-6 years before you can start having that conversation.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
There is definitely a widespread undervaluing of Kam Chancellor on this board. It's as if some Seahawks fans have not yet caught on to Chancellor's career trajectory. He's 26 years old and one of the most feared players in the game. He's evolving into a complete player before our eyes, but some still see him as the Fifth Rounder getting beat in coverage or overrunning plays while playing out his rookie deal. By the time Pete Carroll and the rest of his coaching staff are done with him, a healthy Kam Chancellor will go down as one of the best safeties to ever set foot on a football field. Yes, Chancellor's bust will be in Canton when it's all said and done.

Mick063

Reaction score
For some reason, great players are shunned and I don't know why.

For example, Kevin Greene was one of the best edge rushers I have ever seen. More career sacks (160) than Strahan and finished his career at age 37 with 12 in his final season. He was great until the very end. Every bit as good as Clay Mathews (if I were to find a comparable current player) and stayed on the field, healthy for longer durations than Mathews has. I don't know how the DB from the Cardinals got in at Greene's expense. Or even Strahan for that matter.

It will likely happen (shunned) to someone from this team. Regardless, championships are obviously very, very important. ie...Strahan verse Greene.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Mick063":3ho995ih said:
For some reason, great players are shunned and I don't know why.

For example, Kevin Greene was one of the best edge rushers I have ever seen. More career sacks (160) than Strahan and finished his career at age 37 with 12 in his final season. He was great until the very end. Every bit as good as Clay Mathews and stayed on the field, healthy for longer durations than Mathews has. I don't know how the DB from the Cardinals got in at Greene's expense. Or even Strahan for that matter.

It will likely happen (shunned) to someone from this team.

Greene never won a Super Bowl as a player. Strahan also had more Pro Bowls and All-Pro selections, if we're making that comparison. But I agree, Greene deserves to be in for his longevity, even if it was probably made possible by steroids and even if he was accused of choking multiple people, including his own assistant coach during a game.

lg_greene_ap_01.jpg

Steve2222

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3i5ku6nl said:

If he retired tomorrow no Marshawn wouldn't be in the a Hall.